Looking for Answers.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Looking for Answers.

Postby (JOG)Black Jesus » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 pm

haasd0gg wrote:
(JOG)Black Jesus wrote:I think you might have misunderstood what I was referring too. I do not want any IPs from this site. I simply contacted a forum administrator and gave him the information that I had gathered to see if any of the IPs match on this forum. He can deal with it as he see fits. Never did I ask for an IP address to be given out to me. There were no crimes committed; I am simply looking for answers. Understandable?

I understood perfectly. You see, I am a forum administrator. Neither I nor any other admin will be matching any IPs from this board to your spammer. Its a privacy issue, at the very least.
Is that understandable to you?

I understand. Thanks for being cooperative.
(JOG)Black Jesus
Community Member

Postby Admiral_Aeka » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:45 am

my internet laughs for the day... thanks boys :th_a017:
Kryomancer: 53-7, Bait-Stelio-12 Stelio: 33-22, Bait-Kryo, 6
Next round:
Kryomancer: the fact remains, I pwn you :)
Stelio-Kontos: lets duel moron
==After 1 hour of duels, Kryomancer wins 42-8===
Stelio-Kontos: ok u are better
Admiral_Aeka
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: admiralaeka

Postby kjeopardy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 am

haasd0gg wrote:1) there's no tension between SWGO and jog
2) Nobody from SWGO support will be giving out any members IP due to trolling another forum. If laws were being broken, I suppose we would cooperate with a subpoena.
You have someone spamming your boards, you should delete their accts. If they persist you can manually approve new members instead of having it automated.
We can help you guys with patching your servers and will share info on in game troublemakers, but identifying forum trolls... you're gonna be on your own with that one, sorry.

I don't believe that it is a choice whether or not to cooperate with a subpoena. :whistling:
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:07 am

Theres always a choice and theres always a consequence.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 am

Black Jesus,

One other thing that haasd0gg forgot to mention is that there is no "search" function in the Administration Control Panel (the front end panel we use to admin the forums) to search just the IPs of the memberbase for a particular value. We would have to go member by member which could take days.. that is not something I (one of the other forum administrators) can commit much time to. If I can find an easier way (my hubby administrates other forums that use the same system as us) I would not mind running the search. To put this crystal clear so that no one can mis-interpret this:

If it is found out that a SWGO member has been making these attacks against RAUL you will eventually be BANNED from SWGO.. forums, game servers, the works...

just for wasting my time.

I will not outright share the name of the member, however, I will implore upon them a deadline to either cop up to it OR in 1 weeks time then they will be outted. The choice will be theirs.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby THEWULFMAN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:just for wasting my time.

LOL Nite, you're fantastic.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby KOko » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 am

All I see is someone posting pictures of foul language avoiding our wordfilter.
Black Jesus, while you may have been pure in your intention, in fact you have broke the language rules of this site by posting your pictures, making you hardly better than the troll on your site.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 am

I'm loving how this thread turned out to be.....

MT :grrr:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Son » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 am

haasd0gg wrote:Theres always a choice and theres always a consequence.

Haas, I use that line on my kids all the time.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what proof there was that this was or has anything to do with SWGO. Seriously is this the first time you guys have had to deal with Internet idiots? According to your own members rules are not as tight as they are here. Granted those thing go beyond decency but it could just as we'll be one of your members.

I have to agree with KOko this seems more and more like a way to get attention for the JOG site. I doubt I'm alone in saying that till these couple of threads I had never heard of the site.

It comes down to this. You guys had a moron log onto your site. Boot him ban him but don't start pointing fingers at people here unless you have some ounce of proof. Also just for the record, this was not me even though there was some confusion that someone thought I was on there, I've never was.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II