JOG challenges SWGO

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: JOG challenges SWGO

Postby Splinter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:14 am

(SWGO)Ferrari wrote:Friday through Monday Is good for me. By the way Raul can you explain to me about the JOG vs BOT setup PM me

What are you referring to? I know the Ps2 scrimmed BOT a couple days back but I don't think you were on the site at the time, I'll talk to you the next time you're on the chat box.
Also known as Phantom.
Splinter
Community Member

Xfire: Spliiintaaa
Steam ID: iitz_iinsan3

Postby KOko » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 am

JOGRaul wrote:Update, We will have to do this on Saturday night 9 est same server... Minas plz come into this site ****://jognation.forumotion.***/
That time is very good for most of the people , I need to talk to you Minas...ASAP

WOW man!
You beg SWGO to scrim you even if it was said SWGO never was a competitive community, then you dare to set time that suits you and your crowd and then you demand people to contact you on your site...
If I was still admin here I would have warned you to stop your excessive advertising of your clan site. To post once introducing yourself is fine, to continually advertise it is rude at best.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:51 am

Just saying Raul, PM things before posting them, i already replied to you about it all.

And today i should be sending out who's on the team and whos not, i think everybody that has interest had enough time to PM me.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 am

Ahem......KOko
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Ahem......KOko

Wasn't it KOko?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby {JOG}Neji » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't have any time to read through this topic right now but I have some things I would like to say and would highly appreciate it if any of you would take the time to hear me out.

I speak for my clan as a whole here. JOG obviously wants to schedule some sort of skirmish or clan match with SWGO. You guys are viewing us as coming off as disrespectful, smug, and it probably looks like we're trying to advertise our clan here in reality we aren't.

Our community is very different from yours. So behaviors you guys find outrageous is the norm where we come from, and vice versa. I don't understand why things here are run the way they are but I'm in no position to question it because you guys probably have questions about the way we function too. Anyways. I apologize if any of us have come off as rude or anything, that isn't our intentions. When we tell you to come to our site its mostly for convenience purposes, not really to advertise our website.

As for the clan match or scrimmage however... JOG wants to use PS2 rules, I'm sure you guys would like to use your own rule set. What I'm proposing is 2 different matches. 1 in where we use all of our rules, and another where SWGO uses all of their rules. Does it sound like we could go hand in hand and work this out? If yes, thank you and continue reading on. :D

Our rule set is normally this

-No intentional teamkilling
-Slow Run Allowed
-Infinite Choke allowed (No choking to death)
-No shooters
-Limited Lukes and Chokers (varies on the size of the match)
-No base camping/killing
-single pull allowed (varies on the size of the match)

I know you guys don't agree with most of those rules and even consider some of them hacking or cheating. But in PS2 they are not extremely overpowered or anything... They actually allow more mobility and make the competitive scene a lot more heated.

Now, I await you guys to post your rule set for the other match. It would be nice if we could have good relations between our clan and communities.

Do you guys think we can mesh well here? It would be nice to get some scrimmages and matches going here because it'll bring some fun and life to the game. One match will be JOG's rules, and another will be SWGO's rules. It sounds fair and fun to me. Neither of us agree on each others rules so this will give both parties the opportunity to play with the rules they think are right.

Don't worry about coming to the JOG site to contact me about this, I'm not going to advertise it or anything lol. Just talk to me on here and let's get the ball rolling because I would really like to see relations between us improve because we can all benefit from it. :)

It's not like this is going to be super competitive or anything. But it would be really nice to get a locked server full of good players and get a heated game going instead of having to deal with the noobs. I think you guys will find it fun, as will we. :D

Cheers
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 pm

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Mandalore » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm

{JOG}Neji wrote:
Our rule set is normally this

-No intentional teamkilling
-Slow Run Allowed
-Infinite Choke allowed (No choking to death)
-No shooters
-Limited Lukes and Chokers (varies on the size of the match)
-No base camping/killing
-single pull allowed (varies on the size of the match)

I know you guys don't agree with most of those rules and even consider some of them hacking or cheating. But in PS2 they are not extremely overpowered or anything... They actually allow more mobility and make the competitive scene a lot more heated.

Cheers

PC has three different rule sets. Force, No force Block on, and No Force Block off. All infinites are banned, gunners are banned in no force. Force on there is a limit of 2 pullers per team on a 5v5 and I think ....one for a 3v3? No other character limits. Spawn killing is allowed. No slow running (not like anyone ever caught anyone with this unless you were blatantly retarded). No wall glitches of course. Can't really think of anything else. I'd be interested in allowing infinite choke as well as choke lightning to see if that would even the playing field. Competitive HvV in force was heavily slanted towards heroes given how ludicrous pullers are. Scoring is 20, 30, 50 for 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 respectively. Done by setting score limit with ingame admin. Counting up kills at the end of the round by using the ending screen (tks ARE counted against)

But like I've been saying all along there's not a single competitive player or clan that still plays. Hell out of all the people here I can only think of four people who were ever competitive players. Crater, Koko, Matt Chicago, and myself. And I don't think any of us have put more than 20 hours into the game in a years time.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby JOGRaul » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Now guys dont post alot of stuff here, it will be dealt privately with Minas, So any corncern talk it out with him that i believe he is the one leading this thing right now, so he would be your spoken man i think
JOGRaul
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Well Raul basically Neji reposted what you PM'ed me for everybody to see, while mandalore stated the normal PC rules.
I don't want my mailbox to be nuked with questions when a simple forum post can do the trick.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II