JOG challenges SWGO

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: JOG challenges SWGO

Postby JOGRaul » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Allright so JOG and SWGO came to an aggrement of playing the match this Sunday 7 at 3 pm eastern time. Now we are only waiting to see if we will do 2 matches one JOGs way and other SWGO way or the way we talked about Minas. Oh remember 6v6 :]
JOGRaul
Community Member

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm

JOGRaul wrote:Allright so JOG and SWGO came to an aggrement of playing the match this Sunday 7 at 3 pm eastern time. Now we are only waiting to see if we will do 2 matches one JOGs way and other SWGO way or the way we talked about Minas. Oh remember 6v6 :]

Dammit. Can't play then. Sorry guys.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:55 pm

{JOG}Neji wrote:I don't have any.....

There he is
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 am

What?

Anyways Mandalore, I can agree to playing with whatever ruleset you PC players can come up with. Whether its to compete or just to have fun, I LOVE doing scrimmages. It just gives you more of an incentive to play than just playing people in a public server.

In PS2 we definitely view things differently in terms of Heroes vs Villains. We allow slow run, infinite choke, block, etc etc etc. JOG strictly prohibits teamkilling to avoid letting your enemy get the kill though. We have honor and find that kind of game play unacceptable.

Here's my view on the whole Hero vs Villain match up.

Pull - Obviously overpowered with ridiculous range. Anyone can get war hero using a puller, but not anyone can get war hero using infinite choke. It's actually really hard to pull off. Choke, even infinite, has its weakness. So long as you are choking you need to be focused directly on that target, so a side or sneak attack will ruin you. The benefit of regaining your force is nice... however it does irritate me when its abused. The only time I use infinite choke to regain my force is when I need to use sprint jump to reach someone with an ariel attack. However, being that pull is easily overpowered, it has its weak point. Close-range combat, and outnumbering. Pullers are going to be the primary target for the villains. But as a Villain, playing against pullers is stressful because your normally aggressive style needs to be flipped around to a defensive and extremely cautious style. That being said, while your trying to avoid getting pulled, your teammate is being demolished by the Hero pushers/puller. So even with infinite choke, Heroes triumph over the Villains if pulling is allowed.

Choke - Infinite choke is nice for regaining stamina but it also isn't truly overpowered. Yes it is very difficult to fight against, but hey, that's what slow run is for. Infinite choking truly isn't overpowered because choke still has its major weak point. Fighting multiple enemies and the fact you need to be facing forward for it to have any affect. Even with infinite choke, many chokers find it difficult to preserve all their force abilities, especially since throwing out the choke takes up a huge chunk of force as well as keeping it going. That's why I believe that infinite choke should have originally been implemented in the game. They are essentially useless without it.

Slow Run - This was extremely easy to find so I'm sure even the game developers knew about this. How could you not? I figured it out one of the first times I ever played. Yes you can avoid choke with it, however it still damages you. Being that Choke vs Push is in the chokers favor, I find it necessary to implement slow run into your game play. That's one of the many ways you can balance it out. Slow run is also extremely useful when it comes to pulling off ridiculous stunts all over the map. Bubble hopping, wall running, and all sorts of neat things you can do. It's the most beneficial thing I've ever come across in this game. If you guys have ever seen any of my montages or clan matches on youtube you would understand why I feel like slow run should be allowed. While your in the slow run animation you are also in the sprint animation. So 1 whack from a saber and you fall on your face. Slow run is a MAJOR weak point in close quarter combat and its not overpowered in any way shape or form. That's why I believe it should be allowed. It's more of a tool for heroes to counter choke than it is for anything. Even with slow run being implemented it is still damn hard to kill a good choker.

I'm not getting you guys to change your rules or anything because the way you play is the way you play. My opinion of fair is different than your opinion of fair, so it doesn't really matter. I just wanted to provide you guys with a reason that I allow these sort of things in my servers on PS2. Every server in PS2 allows slow run, infinite choke, and choke lightning. However choke lightning is not allowed if your using it to get your kills. Yes you can use it to walk at normal speed with dooku/emperor, or shock someone down enough to kill them with a saber. But if your shocking someone literally to death, you will be banned.

So as you can see, our opinions and rule sets are very different than any of you guys and for the reasons above. I just wanted to elaborate on why we allow what we allow so that there's no confusion or false judgements.

Now my final question is, can SWGO come to agree to these rules in a JOG rule match

-Slow Run Allowed
-Infinite Choke or Choke/lightning allowed
-No gunners
-No team killing
-No glitching
-No Respawning
-No base camping
-Limited Lukes/Pullers/Chokers [dependent on the quantity of players]
-No blockwhoring [abusing perfect block to kill people out of their attacks] We only allow defensive use of block, not aggressive.
-No excessive camping of any kind

2v2 - 30 kills, then switch and do another 30
3v3 - 50 kills, then switch and do another 50
4v4 - 75-100 kills then switch and repeat
5v5 - 125+ then switch and repeat
6v6 - 200 kills then switch and repeat

As you can see our clan matches last a lot longer... which is the plan, because it results in more practice and more fun. You can't see the full potential of a team in just one small match, you need to prolong it. These don't take too long and they are a lot of fun.

So my question is, can you guys agree to that rule set? If yes, please present me with your rule set and we will see if we can get the ball rolling here. :P
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby crazyperson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 am

Does inf. run go under the same category as slow run? What about obscurer st00f like Oblivion?
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:20 am

Infinite Run with Luke/Yoda/Maul is allowed. However if we find your abusing it to run all the way around the map just for people to chase you endlessly... that is not allowed.

What I propose is doing a match with SWGO rules, and a match with the rules I posted above. I think we can go hand in hand here and have some fun. We'd be trying something new with your rules and you'd be trying something new with ours. I know neither parties are going to agree on one rule set which is why I came up with this idea.

Your destiny is to lose!

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Postby JOGRaul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:25 am

Like we have said before, we will do a match the way you want after one like this...So both teams can have their advantage. :D this can be really fun guys speciaally if we get the 6v6 going on.
JOGRaul
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:26 am

{JOG}Neji wrote:Slow Run - This was extremely easy to find so I'm sure even the game developers knew about this. How could you not?

These are the same devs who forgot to put an actual blocking system in for HA. These game devs were really, really bad.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:09 am

This entire game is flawed to hell so I really doubt it got tested much, if at all. Lmao. It's so glitchy in so many ways and it looks incomplete in so many ways. The only real way to know any of this would be to talk to the developers.

Anyways, back on topic. Are you guys in agreement with a JOG ruled match and an SWGO ruled match?

Your destiny is to lose!

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 am

A few points:
-the PC rules cover teamkilling. You add the total of each team's kills at the end of the match, meaning that teamkills subtract a point from your score.
-Since each team will play as both sides, and scores can be used as tiebreaker, the sides don't need to be perfectly balanced.
-200 kills is an insanely long time even for a 6v6.
-Center block will be used and abused. We make no apology.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II