Looking for Answers.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Looking for Answers.

Postby Splinter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what proof there was that this was or has anything to do with SWGO. Seriously is this the first time you guys have had to deal with Internet idiots? According to your own members rules are not as tight as they are here. Granted those thing go beyond decency but it could just as we'll be one of your members.

I have to agree with KOko this seems more and more like a way to get attention for the JOG site. I doubt I'm alone in saying that till these couple of threads I had never heard of the site.

It comes down to this. You guys had a moron log onto your site. Boot him ban him but don't start pointing fingers at people here unless you have some ounce of proof. Also just for the record, this was not me even though there was some confusion that someone thought I was on there, I've never was.

There is no proof it was SWGO that did this, if you would read the first post it specifically states we're not accusing, just looking for a answer. If this was a attempt to draw attention to the site why didn't we just make a post and bump it repeatedly till we got banned? Sure we'd have been banned but EVERYONE would know what our site was, so......

We know who our members are, and we have every single one of they're IP's and for one, none of them match. And two it would be a simple matter for us to find out if it was a JOG member doing this type of stuff, so I highly doubt it was one of our members.

And no one seemed to read what I have said early, the troll and the assorted accounts have already been banned off our site. It's been taken care of as far as that goes, we just want to see if it is possible that it came from here, that is all.
Also known as Phantom.
Splinter
Community Member

Xfire: Spliiintaaa
Steam ID: iitz_iinsan3

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Splinter wrote:
Col. Homestar wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what proof there was that this was or has anything to do with SWGO. Seriously is this the first time you guys have had to deal with Internet idiots? According to your own members rules are not as tight as they are here. Granted those thing go beyond decency but it could just as we'll be one of your members.

I have to agree with KOko this seems more and more like a way to get attention for the JOG site. I doubt I'm alone in saying that till these couple of threads I had never heard of the site.

It comes down to this. You guys had a moron log onto your site. Boot him ban him but don't start pointing fingers at people here unless you have some ounce of proof. Also just for the record, this was not me even though there was some confusion that someone thought I was on there, I've never was.

There is no proof it was SWGO that did this, if you would read the first post it specifically states we're not accusing, just looking for a answer. If this was a attempt to draw attention to the site why didn't we just make a post and bump it repeatedly till we got banned? Sure we'd have been banned but EVERYONE would know what our site was, so......

We know who our members are, and we have every single one of they're IP's and for one, none of them match. And two it would be a simple matter for us to find out if it was a JOG member doing this type of stuff, so I highly doubt it was one of our members.

And no one seemed to read what I have said early, the troll and the assorted accounts have already been banned off our site. It's been taken care of as far as that goes, we just want to see if it is possible that it came from here, that is all.

You also consider if you do find-out who has done this then what’s the next course of action, if the resulting answer is ‘unknown’ then why bother with this as it is all a non-starter.

Whilst I and other's sympathise with JOG's concern's I am afraid at the end of the day it's unknown who has done this etc. etc. Personally and don't take this the wrong way...I won't be investing anytime trying to track-down who has done this, I don't have the time or motivation to start. If no one has owned up by now (here or elsewhere) and you guys are drawing a blank then simply put it down to a bad experience and move-on.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Splinter wrote:There is no proof it was SWGO that did this, if you would read the first post it specifically states we're not accusing, just looking for a answer.

Here is the first post:
(JOG)Black Jesus wrote:Today the JOG site was blessed with a few immature people that seemed as if they had nothing better to do then type ungodly amounts of paragraphs on our website. Not only was this person causing issues with topics on our forums, this person also openly flammed Raul. Now I realize there may have been some tensions between us and SWGO and yes it was handled wrong, but I do not appreciate people coming to our site and causing trouble.

Coming here and making this statement means he is accusing a SWGO member. If you knocked on your neighbors door and said you found crap in your yard and you don't appreciate dogs coming and pooping in your yard, by going to the neighbors house you are claiming their dog committed the act. By coming here and claiming that this was in retaliation for "tensions" he is blaming SWGO for this idiot.
(JOG)Black Jesus wrote:I am not accusing you I just simply came for some answers. I have the IP of the individuals that came to our site. If an admin could please contact me so that I may share with them my information, you could handle this issue in anyway you see fit.

Then he tried to diplomatically cover himself but goes on to say he has the IP addresses of the offenders, still insinuating that they are SWGO members.
Splinter wrote:We know who our members are, and we have every single one of they're IP's and for one, none of them match. And two it would be a simple matter for us to find out if it was a JOG member doing this type of stuff, so I highly doubt it was one of our members.

But anyone is free to join your site right?......so it could be anyone right?......
Splinter wrote:And no one seemed to read what I have said early, the troll and the assorted accounts have already been banned off our site. It's been taken care of as far as that goes, we just want to see if it is possible that it came from here, that is all.

Possible? Yes.
Likely? Maybe.
Did it matter? No
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Splinter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 am

Look I'm not here to start trouble, and I admit I was wrong about us not accusing SWGO, I misread the first post. So my apologies. I'm simply here to try and make sure things stay smooth, that's all. Would you not want to know if it was someone from here that did this and if so, to stop them?

Now I know my fellow clan member didn't do this the right way, but all we really want is to know if it did come from here. That's all. And seeing as people don't have the time, then that's fine I'm willing to leave it at that.
Also known as Phantom.
Splinter
Community Member

Xfire: Spliiintaaa
Steam ID: iitz_iinsan3

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 am

Splinter wrote:Look I'm not here to start trouble, and I admit I was wrong about us not accusing SWGO, I misread the first post. So my apologies. I'm simply here to try and make sure things stay smooth, that's all. Would you not want to know if it was someone from here that did this and if so, to stop them?

Now I know my fellow clan member didn't do this the right way, but all we really want is to know if it did come from here. That's all. And seeing as people don't have the time, then that's fine I'm willing to leave it at that.

See my previous post...and it appears nobody from SWGO did this, so good luck finding who did.

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 am

I missed this topic but I feel like I should put my two cents in...

Obviously one of the first things we'd do is to come here asking around. I don't know who it was, and I don't really care too much to find out. Black, what I'd have done is posted here, posted on PS2 sites and such, and gone around asking. It's the simple fact this matter was brought here and only here that may make these guys think we're out to get them or we just want people to come to our site....

Bottom of the line, the JOG site is extremely active so I could care less who does and does not come. Advertising our site on here is useless because we're already really active. JOG is a PS2 based clan not a PC based clan. No SWGO, we are not trying to advertise our website here. We're simply trying to deal with the perpetrator and just hammer this all down.

I feel like this kind of topic would be better if it was mass pm'd to all of the SWGO admins instead of brought into public. All we're really concerned with is finding out who did it and talking to them. Now I find it barbaric that someone would come to our site just to flame one of my best friends... but whatever. Stuff happens, the flow of life continues. It could have been an SWGO member, it could have been a JOG member or any random member of either communities. Either way, whatever. Doesn't matter to me. I just hope this all just gets hammered down.
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby NiteRunner81 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 am

It also could have been one of your "guests" on a second computer in his home hiding behind a proxy. That is what my money is on.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby crazyperson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:It also could have been one of your "guests" on a second computer in his home hiding behind a proxy. That is what my money is on.

Which, for the record, can be done by any idiot with an IQ over 60 and a basic knowledge of a computer.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 am

crazyperson wrote:
NiteRunner81 wrote:It also could have been one of your "guests" on a second computer in his home hiding behind a proxy. That is what my money is on.

Which, for the record, can be done by any idiot with an IQ over 60 and a basic knowledge of a computer.

Quite honestly I doubt a JOG member would do it. But we can't rule that out because there's always the chance. I can't rule out any of SWGO either, nor can I rule out the entire PC or PS2 community. It's a simple matter of trolling on a forum. It wasn't really anything serious so I don't see why such a big deal is being made out of it. ANYONE can go under a proxy... lol. I don't want SWGO pointing fingers at JOG and I don't want my members pointing fingers at you guys. This topic was made in order to hammer this down and figure out who did it. There should be no finger pointing at all unless there is evidence backing that up.

For now, I think we'd all be better served just ignoring this topic until an IP can be matched with a member of either community. Until then, this is just a pointless topic that I feel like is going to start some tension between us.

Like I said, let's not point fingers. This goes for both my brethren and you guys. I don't wanna hear from JOG "Oh yeah one of you SWGO guys made an alias to troll us." Nor do I want to hear SWGO members saying stuff like "One of your own guys probably did it to pin the blame on us." No. No finger pointing at all. This will just be a topic for children to ramble on about assumptions. Don't make an assumption if it can't be backed up with FACT. It could have been us, it could have been you, or it could have been a member of either the PC or PS2 community. Like I said, I'm not even ruling out the possibility of it being my own clan mate because there is no evidence proving JOG is innocent, nor is there evidence proving SWGO is innocent.

Lol. Anyways, case closed. This topic is pointless until facts and evidence are gathered.
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby mrjamwin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:03 am

Well most of us here have already stopped caring and gave the proper response that we would not be looking into this any further. So let's lock this topic.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II