Good shots

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Good shots

Postby Tiburana203 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 am

Doesn't seem like teleporting a det would be a very useful glitch anyway. They are thrown so far, that the likelihood of someone actually hitting their target is pretty small. Anyone who can successfully use this glitch is either ridiculously good (and is way too committed to this game) or the person they are aiming for tries to catch the det. That's all the glitch can be utilized for right? throwing a Hail Mary?
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

I know this is kind of old... but regarding dark glitching:

1. drowning in flames supports it... and hes an admin
2. darth crater (also an admin) said it is not against the rules

so unless a rule is made banning this type of act in game... I don't see why people should complain. I never used it, don't know how to use it and I get killed by it all the time and I don't complain.

Regarding the teleported detpack.... that sounds like a mega glitch. anyone doing that should be instantly banned.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:2. darth crater (also an admin) said it is not against the rules

This is outdated information. I don't currently know what the ruling on it is - ask someone who admins JBA.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby 11_Panama_ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 pm

There has been no decision on it as of yet...as far as I know. I think it would be very hard to enforce a no darkie glitch rule. I hate the glitch but just let it be, let the "pro's" (cough cough) use their "skill"...err, glitch. :roll:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Eyes Only » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:There has been no decision on it as of yet...as far as I know. I think it would be very hard to enforce a no darkie glitch rule. I hate the glitch but just let it be, let the "pro's" (cough cough) use their "skill"...err, glitch. :roll:

It's not hard at all, the only argument against stopping DTG was that a lot of the admins are lazy and don't feel like doing... you know... their job. That argument was nullified with a new patch, the decisions were made, and the new patch will be implemented shortly.

Tiburana203 wrote:Doesn't seem like teleporting a det would be a very useful glitch anyway. They are thrown so far, that the likelihood of someone actually hitting their target is pretty small. Anyone who can successfully use this glitch is either ridiculously good (and is way too committed to this game) or the person they are aiming for tries to catch the det. That's all the glitch can be utilized for right? throwing a Hail Mary?

The detpack hits its target instantaneously if done right. Then all you have to do is fire, and they're dead. Its like attaching a detpack explosion to a sniper rifle shot, whatever's near it dies. It's not as useful as everyone makes it out to be however, in that regard, you're correct. It is VERY difficult to effectively use it in a real situation with people shooting at you. It's more like a bar trick, but it definitely falls into the category of a glitch, thus it is banned.
Last edited by Eyes Only on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:57 am

CommanderOtto wrote:I know this is kind of old... but regarding dark glitching:

1. drowning in flames supports it... and hes an admin
2. darth crater (also an admin) said it is not against the rules

so unless a rule is made banning this type of act in game... I don't see why people should complain. I never used it, don't know how to use it and I get killed by it all the time and I don't complain.

Regarding the teleported detpack.... that sounds like a mega glitch. anyone doing that should be instantly banned.

People complain because it's a glitch.
As of "right now" it's not a bannable offense on SWGO servers.
However this is being reviewed....if it changes something will most likely be said.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby kjeopardy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 pm

I personally feel that it should be banned, but I think that it is very difficult to enforce. IMO, any action affecting gameplay in a way NOT intended by the game's designers should be banned (with perhaps some exceptions, like the wall run).
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Dark Trooper Glitching shouldnt be banned, just go to a tk on server, get good, and either stop a DTG with a Wook, Engy or sniper, it's not really hard.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby kjeopardy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Infide| (Fa.iL.?) wrote:Dark Trooper Glitching shouldnt be banned, just go to a tk on server, get good, and either stop a DTG with a Wook, Engy or sniper, it's not really hard.

Hmm...maybe. I mainly play HA (though I'm trying to get into conquest/CTF more), so you prob. know better.
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby GDog » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Infide| (Fa.iL.?) wrote:Dark Trooper Glitching shouldnt be banned, just go to a tk on server, get good, and either stop a DTG with a Wook, Engy or sniper, it's not really hard.

Not to insult anyone one this forum, but, taking out a darkie EVEN if they ARE using the darkie glitch is really easy if you have any sort of aim.
The ONLY way you could have No defense against the darkie glitch is, if the person wielding the darkie can darkie glitch WELL, and if they have snuck up on you and gotten you into their effective range.

With Engineer: you can hold darkies at bay with the crazy long range of the shotgun and still get and easy kill.
With Sniper: it takes a bit more aim but if you hit them even once they die plus you have grenades to get them as well.
With Wookie: This is by far the easiest way to take out darkies. Most of the times if you hit them close enough with your bowcaster it will kill them in one shot, plus you can charge your bowcaster for a sniper-like shot that can kill with only one shot. Also you have a grenade launcher that can easily kill darkies even with just the splash damage.
With Heavy: This class is probably the weakest class to darkies admittedly, although you can still get darkies with the well aimed rocket and mines still have effect on darkies.
With Reggie: EVEN reggies can kill darkies easy. With their long range and high fire rate they can shred darkies before the darkies can even hope to get in range. Plus well aimed head shots can get you a 2-3 hit kill on a darkie.
With Bothan: Bothans react to a darkie just about the same way they react to every unit. Use stealth, sneak up on them, and get them before they can fly away.

As you can see, it is possible to kill darkies. You just have to take some time to figure out how to fight them with each unit. As Hadrian said, try spending some time in a TK-on server where the dtg is used to counter wookies. I bet you you will find Darkies MUCH easier to handle.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II