Auto-Admin Chat Spam

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Auto-Admin Chat Spam

Postby Tiburana203 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 pm

how hard would it be to modify the Auto-Admin to warn/kick chat spammers? i figure a system that counts the number of posts per minute would work, or something along those lines.
i was playing JBA today, and a player called allwork+noplaymakesjackadullboy must have called people scrubs about 50+ times per round. i cant for the life of me imagine why someone would spend their weekend trolling a star wars chat bar, but quite a few people seem to enjoy it. is any sort of automatic regulation for chat spammers available? it'd seem more convenient than bothering an admin to do it.
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Re: Auto-Admin Chat Spam

Postby kjeopardy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 am

To my knowledge, no such system exists...I've played around with Server Manager before, and TBH, there doesn't seem to be any system that can autokick chat spammers: just language violaters.

Maybe it's possible to modify the code if you know what you are doing, but I don't!!!
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby Brazosgrad » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 am

It isn't possible to do. there is no reliable way to qualify al that could be considered as chat spam. unfortunately its only something a human can do.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 am

Tiburana203 wrote:how hard would it be to modify the Auto-Admin to warn/kick chat spammers? i figure a system that counts the number of posts per minute would work, or something along those lines.
i was playing JBA today, and a player called allwork+noplaymakesjackadullboy must have called people scrubs about 50+ times per round. i cant for the life of me imagine why someone would spend their weekend trolling a star wars chat bar, but quite a few people seem to enjoy it. is any sort of automatic regulation for chat spammers available? it'd seem more convenient than bothering an admin to do it.

anyone could easily avoid the censor (and that is what happens all the time)
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II