Rules regarding other languages

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Rules regarding other languages

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 am

I have a question regarding the chat in swgo servers.....

Can players speak in other languages in the JBA, NYC and Heroes servers? (as long as there is no swearing)?

Examples: chat in german, french, portuguese...
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Rules regarding other languages

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am

I think as long as two people are communicating to each other in the same language, it should be fine. We can't expect everybody to know English. However, if it's just one person speaking the language and spamming the chat, it's should be a bootable offense.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Tiburana203 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:40 am

Ive only ever seen Spanish being spoken *typed* by players. seeing as SWGO NYC caters to European players, it would be logical to expect some foreign languages every once in a while. i do find it strange that the word filter will warn players for certain non-vulgar Spanish words.i guess there must be some similarities in spelling or something.
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 am

(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:I think as long as two people are communicating to each other in the same language, it should be fine. We can't expect everybody to know English. However, if it's just one person speaking the language and spamming the chat, it's should be a bootable offense.

yes I completely agree with you but I need to make sure.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby kjeopardy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:I think as long as two people are communicating to each other in the same language, it should be fine. We can't expect everybody to know English. However, if it's just one person speaking the language and spamming the chat, it's should be a bootable offense.

You ask a lot of questions, I must say...are you really planning to communicate in-game using a language that isn't English??
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 am

3.14pi wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:

You ask a lot of questions, I must say...are you really planning to communicate in-game using a language that isn't English??

I fail to see what's the problem. I just want to know... is it allowed or not? (as long as there is no swearing)
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 am

Other languages are permitted, so long as you aren't using them to break a rule (cursing, spamming, advertising, etc).
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 am

Darth Crater wrote:Other languages are permitted, so long as you aren't using them to break a rule (cursing, spamming, advertising, etc).

that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks :gunsmilie: :gunsmilie:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby kjeopardy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 am

3.14pi wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:

Not a problem lol, just curious if you really are planning to speak in another language...
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby Tiburana203 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 am

3.14pi wrote: Not a problem lol, just curious if you really are planning to speak in another language...

well actually, his question makes a lot of sense. based on a conversation i had with him on JBA one night, Otto is Venezuelan, and speaks fluent Spanish. This, in turn, sparked a Spanish-Fest over the chat bar. Turns out half the players that night were Hispanic. Viva los Españoles! :th_a017:
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II