Good shots

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Good shots

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm

GDog wrote:taking out a darkie EVEN if they ARE using the darkie glitch is really easy if you have any sort of aim.
The ONLY way you could have No defense against the darkie glitch is, if the person wielding the darkie can darkie glitch WELL, and if they have snuck up on you and gotten you into their effective range.

On one hand you say all you need is aim, then next sentence you say there is no defense against it when used by people who are good at it. :wacko: .. That's the nature of a cheat/glitch. Only people who are good at it use it and it gives them an unfair advantage.

Of course a darkie can be killed, no one said it was impossible. The point is that you have a unit that is extremely fast, that can use parts of the map other units can't, give that unit a weapon that stuns a unit while you can switch to a pistol and finish them off, and you have very a formidable unit (which is the intended feature of the Dark Trooper). Now you add a glitch, that allows this unit to use the stun weapon without waiting for a recharge simply by jumping or rolling and you have a multiple units that have hero abilities. (Jedi with lightsabers)

GDog wrote:try spending some time in a TK-on server where the dtg is used to counter wookies. I bet you you will find Darkies MUCH easier to handle.

I'm sure it is easier because a Dark Trooper can't be so indiscriminate with the shock weapon, but either way SWGO is a TK off server, so I would say use the glitch in other servers all you want, but leave it out here. Even though you said it's used to counter wookie strength, the glitch is used all the time against other classes as well.

Obviously it's a matter still up to administration so we'll have to wait. if it ends up being allowed we'll just have to live with DTG noobs the same as we have to live with pull noobs
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm

GDog wrote:
Infide| (Fa.iL.?) wrote:Dark Trooper Glitching shouldnt be banned, just go to a tk on server, get good, and either stop a DTG with a Wook, Engy or sniper, it's not really hard.

Not to insult anyone one this forum, but, taking out a darkie EVEN if they ARE using the darkie glitch is really easy if you have any sort of aim.
The ONLY way you could have No defense against the darkie glitch is, if the person wielding the darkie can darkie glitch WELL, and if they have snuck up on you and gotten you into their effective range.

With Engineer: you can hold darkies at bay with the crazy long range of the shotgun and still get and easy kill.
With Sniper: it takes a bit more aim but if you hit them even once they die plus you have grenades to get them as well.
With Wookie: This is by far the easiest way to take out darkies. Most of the times if you hit them close enough with your bowcaster it will kill them in one shot, plus you can charge your bowcaster for a sniper-like shot that can kill with only one shot. Also you have a grenade launcher that can easily kill darkies even with just the splash damage.
With Heavy: This class is probably the weakest class to darkies admittedly, although you can still get darkies with the well aimed rocket and mines still have effect on darkies.
With Reggie: EVEN reggies can kill darkies easy. With their long range and high fire rate they can shred darkies before the darkies can even hope to get in range. Plus well aimed head shots can get you a 2-3 hit kill on a darkie.
With Bothan: Bothans react to a darkie just about the same way they react to every unit. Use stealth, sneak up on them, and get them before they can fly away.

As you can see, it is possible to kill darkies. You just have to take some time to figure out how to fight them with each unit. As Hadrian said, try spending some time in a TK-on server where the dtg is used to counter wookies. I bet you you will find Darkies MUCH easier to handle.

Very nice, thanks.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby GDog » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 pm

GDog wrote:taking out a darkie EVEN if they ARE using the darkie glitch is really easy if you have any sort of aim.

I said that they only way that you guys can claim that you have "No defense" against the dtg is if the person using it is pretty good at is AND has snuck up on you. The biggest thing you can do to beat a darkie is to keep it at range.

Col. Homestar wrote:
GDog wrote:try spending some time in a TK-on server where the dtg is used to counter wookies. I bet you you will find Darkies MUCH easier to handle.

I'm sure it is easier because a Dark Trooper can't be so indiscriminate with the shock weapon, but either way SWGO is a TK off server, so I would say use the glitch in other servers all you want, but leave it out here. Even though you said it's used to counter wookie strength, the glitch is used all the time against other classes as well.

What I meant by this is try spending some time in a server where it is used quite a bit more, so you can get used to going against darkies and then take that info BACK to JBA/NYC and use it there against darkies that are generally not as good as the darkie you were getting used to defeating.
Last edited by GDog on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Also Hstar, I don't really think that everyone can complain about DTG "noobs" because there is only about a handful of people that meander onto JBA and do it.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 pm

dtg should be banned. There's too many people that don't know how to use it. And the people that do the dtg use all the damn time. What shouldn't be banned is rolling or jumping to recharge the arc caster.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:02 pm

GDog wrote:
Infide| (Fa.iL.?) wrote:Dark Trooper Glitching shouldnt be banned, just go to a tk on server, get good, and either stop a DTG with a Wook, Engy or sniper, it's not really hard.

Not to insult anyone one this forum, but, taking out a darkie EVEN if they ARE using the darkie glitch is really easy if you have any sort of aim.

With Engineer: you can hold darkies at bay with the crazy long range of the shotgun and still get and easy kill.
With Sniper: it takes a bit more aim but if you hit them even once they die plus you have grenades to get them as well.
With Wookie: This is by far the easiest way to take out darkies. Most of the times if you hit them close enough with your bowcaster it will kill them in one shot, plus you can charge your bowcaster for a sniper-like shot that can kill with only one shot. Also you have a grenade launcher that can easily kill darkies even with just the splash damage.
With Heavy: This class is probably the weakest class to darkies admittedly, although you can still get darkies with the well aimed rocket and mines still have effect on darkies.
With Reggie: EVEN reggies can kill darkies easy. With their long range and high fire rate they can shred darkies before the darkies can even hope to get in range. Plus well aimed head shots can get you a 2-3 hit kill on a darkie.
With Bothan: Bothans react to a darkie just about the same way they react to every unit. Use stealth, sneak up on them, and get them before they can fly away.

As you can see, it is possible to kill darkies. You just have to take some time to figure out how to fight them with each unit. As Hadrian said, try spending some time in a TK-on server where the dtg is used to counter wookies. I bet you you will find Darkies MUCH easier to handle.

I must remind again(as i did in a previous post) that it doesn't mather how strong the glitch is for it being a glitch.
I personally find slow-running in HA to be, a stupid and for me near useless glitch(i know how it can be used it's just nothing near powerfull) however, it's banned.
The principal of the that glitches are banned, we don't state the gravity or power of said glitch.
So saying all it takes is to shoot first and kill doesn't apply to it.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm

~>Vorpal.Fa.iL.? wrote:Also Hstar, I don't really think that everyone can complain about DTG "noobs" because there is only about a handful of people that meander onto JBA and do it.

This is an old topic so at the time that all this was going on the glitching was much more prevalent hence the long discussion. Its only come back up again because somebody necroed the topic. Granted now there isn't as much of it happening, but I think I see it more frequently then wall glitching or tank glitching.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions I feel it is noobish to use the glitch, if you're good enough to know how to use it, you shouldn't need it.

@Gdog: Of course keeping it at range helps, that's nothing new, that goes for any unit fighting any unit, but in a place like Mos Eisley they can cross half the map in 3 seconds without you seeing them coming, no stealth or subtlety required. Mos Eisley is in fact where I see it most, Kamino and Coruscant a close second.

It's really a moot point though until a decision is made. We can debate it forever and I doubt any of us will change our minds so I'm willing to wait it out.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm

~>Vorpal.Fa.iL.? wrote:Also Hstar, I don't really think that everyone can complain about DTG "noobs" because there is only about a handful of people that meander onto JBA and do it.

Your name gets more and more aggressively ridiculous every time I see it. So when did you get into Call of Duty?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 am

[m'kay] wrote:

Your name gets more and more aggressively ridiculous every time I see it. So when did you get into Call of Duty?

When did CoD come in? I can change my username whenever I want, it's my choice of clan tag and username...
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 am

~>Vorpal.Fa.iL.? wrote:
[m'kay] wrote:

When did CoD come in? I can change my username whenever I want, it's my choice of clan tag and username...

So you picked one that says you suck. Interesting!
[m'kay]
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II