Gametracker

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Gametracker

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:28 am

so I was just wondering, how does the Gametracker website determine the score of players? I wanted to create a Player of the Year list for 2012 but... I found some information to be confusing. Let me demonstrate.

Scores of some players below:

18 Dr. Smith ---- 82064 ----- 875.85 ----- 1.56
19 Gunner1010 ---- 77182 ----- 483.07 ----- 2.66
20 (SWGO) Pietro ---- 76436 ----- 687.95 ----- 1.85
21 Aquaman7 ---- 76111 ----- 1009.75 ------1.26

as you can see, for example, pietro has played for more hours than Gunner1010 and he also has a Score per Minute a lot better than Gunner. Yet, Gunner1010 is above Pietro?? How is his score higher than Pietro's? Then if you look close you will notice that Aquaman7 has played a lot more than all the players above him, and yet his score is behind Pietro's (who I have never seen in this game). How is this possible?

Also, I was looking at my "scores". I always thought I would be in the top 20 but when I look:

132 CommanderOtto ---- 23674 ----- 269.93 ----- 1.46

My ranking is 132!!! Even if that was true, I am absolutely sure my gameplay hours is wrong. My steam account clearly says I have played somewhere around 700 hours... not 269. How is this possible? Is there something I am not taking into account?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Gametracker

Postby (SWGO)Johnny » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 am

Gunner1010 have 2.66 in kills per minute while (SWGO) Pietro only have 1.85. I am not sure about this but I think Gametracker only count when you are on the server (Jedi Battle Arena in this case) but Steam count when BattlefrontII.exe is running.
:6438: (SWGO)Johnny :6438:
(SWGO)Johnny
Community Member

Xfire: swgojohnny

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 am

Indeed, also gametracker only counts the names, if you changed your name, have tags etc(like me in various ocasions, from val to MT to just Minas alongside my aliases) they all show up individualy.

I really have countless hours on SWBFII, but then again, idc about scoring on gametracker, i can just do that in-game :lol:

Ps. Gamtracker is fairly broken, it doesn't show skill, just the amount of points you got over time so, the player playing the most will be up top, not the better player, hence why i don't care for gametracker.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:48 pm

(SWGO)Johnny wrote:Gunner1010 have 2.66 in kills per minute while (SWGO) Pietro only have 1.85. I am not sure about this but I think Gametracker only count when you are on the server (Jedi Battle Arena in this case) but Steam count when BattlefrontII.exe is running.

I have only played under the name CommanderOtto so that can't be the problem. Also, I only play multiplayer in BF2. I once played the campaign mode but that must have been some 10 hours at the most. So it still doesn't make sense.

Also, remember what I said about aquaman playing more and yet he is below everyone else in the score.

EDIT: Minas, you just said you can see the score in game... how? I thought that score list was very outdated. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. Where do you see the score in game? Ohhh, unless you are talking about the score at the end of the match?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Bryant » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:05 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:as you can see, for example, pietro has played for more hours than Gunner1010 and he also has a Score per Minute a lot better than Gunner. Yet, Gunner1010 is above Pietro?? How is his score higher than Pietro's? Then if you look close you will notice that Aquaman7 has played a lot more than all the players above him, and yet his score is behind Pietro's (who I have never seen in this game). How is this possible?

Those ranks are sorted by overall points. I think you can change it to sort by kills/minute, but you'll still have to weed out those that have high kills/minute, but only played for a minute...

Also I'm not sure how gametracker works exactly, but I think it just takes snapshots about every 6 minutes. So let's say it just took a snapshot, and the map ended 5 minutes later and you left the server at the end of the match. 1 minute later it would take another snapshot, and it won't see you on the server, and the points you got during those 5 minutes was never recorded.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Bryant wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:as you can see, for example, pietro has played for more hours than Gunner1010 and he also has a Score per Minute a lot better than Gunner. Yet, Gunner1010 is above Pietro?? How is his score higher than Pietro's? Then if you look close you will notice that Aquaman7 has played a lot more than all the players above him, and yet his score is behind Pietro's (who I have never seen in this game). How is this possible?

Those ranks are sorted by overall points. I think you can change it to sort by kills/minute, but you'll still have to weed out those that have high kills/minute, but only played for a minute...

Also I'm not sure how gametracker works exactly, but I think it just takes snapshots about every 6 minutes. So let's say it just took a snapshot, and the map ended 5 minutes later and you left the server at the end of the match. 1 minute later it would take another snapshot, and it won't see you on the server, and the points you got during those 5 minutes was never recorded.

wow lol I guess I am really unlucky. 700 hours played and only 260 something recorded :lol: :lol: :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby The Master » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Log on to play and just leave your computer on at night :lol:
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Postby LowfatCriminal » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:47 am

is the overall point score just the sum of the score you get at the end of the match?
btw looking at HA server stats im ranked 9th and your 73 otto :) but it does say you have 433 hours of swbf2 played, maybe the hours you mentioned above were just on JBA or a specific server.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 pm

LowfatCriminal wrote:is the overall point score just the sum of the score you get at the end of the match?btw looking at HA server stats im ranked 9th and your 73 otto :) but it does say you have 433 hours of swbf2 played, maybe the hours you mentioned above were just on JBA or a specific server.

Uhh...yeah.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:29 pm

~>Vorpal.Fa.iL.? wrote:
LowfatCriminal wrote:is the overall point score just the sum of the score you get at the end of the match?btw looking at HA server stats im ranked 9th and your 73 otto :) but it does say you have 433 hours of swbf2 played, maybe the hours you mentioned above were just on JBA or a specific server.

Uhh...yeah.

but lowfatcriminal, i've been playing this game for almost 2 years. How come I am in 73rd place and you are 9th? I know you are good at HA but you just joined right?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II