Auto-Admin Phrase Suggestion For HA

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Auto-Admin Phrase Suggestion For HA

Postby Hobo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:18 am

Eyes Only wrote:There is no data to support this as a valid solution. We don't even know what a spawn bug is, let alone how to stop it effectively. We know it has a significantly higher probability of happening with bots turned on, and that it can stay or fix itself at random. What we know as the spawn bug seems to be almost always triggered by an admin, or autoadmin kicking someone. This fix is just a myth, just like saying glitching causes a spawn bug or lag or [insert negative result here].

It honestly would be simpler to write something that monitors player count, and if too many players leave (like 6 or 7) have it automatically reset the map or something.

Well, according to my inductive reasoning skillz, there seems to be higher chance of a spawn bug going away whenever I try to get people follow my request. But whether or not they actually did it is a mystery. Also, whenever the server is deserted due to spawn bug, it somehow magically goes away... This is just my noticing of patterns though, not sure if it's the real cause.

With the mod yall were talking about that could reset the server whenever a bug happens/unbalanced teams, if you guys really wanted a little "side-project", please feel free! I haven't a clue where to start. :whistling: If this was Java, maybe if/else statements or something, I don't know.

Oh and quick question.. What programming language did the developers actually use to make SWBFII?
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 am

The only way to fix a spawn bug, is to restart the server. I haven't heard of any other way to fix it. And as long as players keep getting booted, there won't be a way to stop them.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Keep in mind, our HA server cannot be modded due to running with hypernia.
As far as the suggestion goes, will it help? i doubt it, however it won't hurt to have the auto-admin say it, at least people won't ask "how do you fix a spawn bug" 90% of the time when it happens.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby ATCStewart » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:11 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:The only way to fix a spawn bug, is to restart the server. I haven't heard of any other way to fix it. And as long as players keep getting booted, there won't be a way to stop them.

You change to the next map in the rotation, you never stop the server.

http://www.swgohome.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135&p=1028&hilit=spawn+bug#p1028
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:27 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:The only way to fix a spawn bug, is to restart the server. I haven't heard of any other way to fix it. And as long as players keep getting booted, there won't be a way to stop them.

I think you are thinking of a boot bug. :whistling:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Col. Hstar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:32 pm

ATCStewart wrote:

You change to the next map in the rotation, you never stop the server.

http://www.swgohome.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135&p=1028&hilit=spawn+bug#p1028

That link doesn't work for us mortals :innocent:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby [NR]Delta » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 pm

On my server, [NR]Killzone, Dark's server, and Merc's old server, I noticed that spawn bugs tended to happen after the admin kicked multiple players from the server. And I have found that the bug can be cleared if the entire affected team merely stops attempting to spawn-hitting that lovely cancel button. One 15-second spawn cycle without the affected team attempting to spawn will clear the bug.
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, my bad...I was thinking about boot bugs. :innocent:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 pm