Gamespot: Why SWBF3 failed

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Gamespot: Why SWBF3 failed

Postby LowfatCriminal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 am

Honestly what more is there to add to the Battlefront franchise? I understand it would be awesome if SWBF2 was glitch and bug free and that the graphics were amazing but what more is there to add, we have GCW CW, Space fights, and hero assault. A better much harder campaign would be nice but theres only so much Star Wars, and what hasnt been done with battlefront has most likely been done with a different, of the many, star wars game. :star-wars-smiley-008: :fight2: :star-wars-smiley-026: :action-smiley-043:
Last edited by LowfatCriminal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 am

believe me, there is a lot more that can be done in the BF franchise, specially in the space combat area.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:10 am

Oops...Pandora/Pandemic/Anemic/Boneric...whatever...Whoever managed to make a fun game last as long as BF2 obviously has, deserves to regroup and make BF3. They have proven a product that is successful...agreed it has had it's faults from glitching issues, etc...but good Gawd!! What product isn't produced without fault, that cannot be improved upon without experience and testing?? I say bring the producers of BF2 together, pay them some extra scratch, produce a good BF3 minus the faults of BF2, and press on.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 am

:th_a017: I couldn't have said it better WD-40~!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby LowfatCriminal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:33 am

WD-40 wrote:I say bring the producers of BF2 together, pay them some extra scratch, produce a good BF3 minus the faults of BF2, and press on.

Admittedly I would buy a BF3 that was just a non glitchy BF2, but not everyone would and in order for the game to be successful it would have to appeal to other people, not just the BF franchise fanatics. I wish people were still working with BF2, releasing patches, adding map packs, etc etc. Space combat could use some improvement and changes but honestly what doesnt in BF2. Maybe a 5-10 dollar star wars battlefront Space Assault game or something like that if your really wanting space battles, more of an add on than a new game.
Last edited by LowfatCriminal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 am

WD-40 wrote:Oops...Pandora/Pandemic/Anemic/Boneric...whatever...Whoever managed to make a fun game last as long as BF2 obviously has, deserves to regroup and make BF3. They have proven a product that is successful...agreed it has had it's faults from glitching issues, etc...but good Gawd!! What product isn't produced without fault, that cannot be improved upon without experience and testing?? I say bring the producers of BF2 together, pay them some extra scratch, produce a good BF3 minus the faults of BF2, and press on.

wow yes, we need BF3 NOWWW!!

you know, some more news leaked... Free radical guy says they were already working in BF4....untill they closed doors!!
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby LowfatCriminal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 am

Oh ya I heard it leaked that Pandemic was working on SWBF....8. Leaks are either suppposed to be leaked or are usually BS

What are you expecting BF3 to be?
Last edited by LowfatCriminal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:16 am

LowfatCriminal wrote:Oh ya I heard it leaked that Pandemic was working on SWBF....8. Leaks are either suppposed to be leaked or are usually BS

What are you expecting BF3 to be?

what?? smart comment.... leaked or whatever it really is... I was just saying bf4 was actually in it's baby steps, which means that bf3 was not that far away.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:44 am

Otto is correct, SWBF4 was in the early stages of development.

What? You don't think Battlefield 4 was in production even before Battlefield 3 was released? That's not how it usually works for an existing franchise.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby LowfatCriminal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:49 am

Im just saying Otto appears to have "leaked" information coming out of all orifices.
I think you guys have your expectations to high, a new game does not guarantee a better or even good game. How much more can be added to the BF franchise? None of it will be original. It will all have been done before. I believe SWBF2 should be patched, maybe a BF3 but only one thats just an improvement of the first 2, not a whole new game. After that stop while youre ahead.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II