Re: Gamespot: Why SWBF3 failed

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 am

Wasn't the PSP battlefront considered BF3
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 am

Col. Homestar wrote:Wasn't the PSP battlefront considered BF3

Battlefront: Elite Squadron was the PSP version of SWBF3 that Free Radical made. It's exceedingly obvious it was, all they did was change the menu screen and box art.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby [NR]Delta » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Good thing it was just on PSP. That video posted looked like another mediocre game, and I heard Elite Squadron or whatever it's called was full of hackers.
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

Postby Richdog » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:07 am

LowfatCriminal wrote:Honestly what more is there to add to the Battlefront franchise?

Smooth transition between space and land regions in the same map. Or even the ability to go from land on one land map to space to land on another land map that is running simultaneously, effectively tripling the size and complexity of conquest maps. Also character skin customization similar to halo or weapon or special ability customization similar to COD. Lots of stuff.
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 am

Richdog wrote:
LowfatCriminal wrote:Honestly what more is there to add to the Battlefront franchise?

Smooth transition between space and land regions in the same map. Or even the ability to go from land on one land map to space to land on another land map that is running simultaneously, effectively tripling the size and complexity of conquest maps. Also character skin customization similar to halo or weapon or special ability customization similar to COD. Lots of stuff.

character customization would be nice. Imagine taking off your helmet and chat before the battle starts.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 am

All I want is the same BF2 with different maps and different characters, weapons, and maybe abilites. Oh..and the existing bugs fixed. Nothing "groundbreaking".
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:42 am

11_Panama_ wrote:All I want is the same BF2 with different maps and different characters, weapons, and maybe abilites. Oh..and the existing bugs fixed. Nothing "groundbreaking".

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefront-3
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:All I want is the same BF2 with different maps and different characters, weapons, and maybe abilites. Oh..and the existing bugs fixed. Nothing "groundbreaking".

wow that looks good, but I don't like installing these things, they always bring up issues later on.... game crashes...

anyway, freeradical's bf3 looked very good. I liked how the camera moved when you run... but oh well, it's over I need to stop dreaming about it.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:

Heh. That is essentially what you want Panama. I'm trying to fix gameplay problems that no one enjoys(except toolbags), and also putting an emphasis on guns over explosives. Meaning rocket launchers, detpacks and mines aren't infantry insta-kills anymore. New maps, reworked classic maps, new classes, heroes, weapons, music, sounds, animations, maybe even new shaders.

I haven't been able to work on that mod in awhile, but once Mass Effect: Unification is released in early January, I can get back to it. Shameless plug.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby WD-40 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Women...if women were involved in BF3's production, it was doomed to fail. Something that can bleed continuously for 1 Week out of every month, and NOT die...must be Evil...except you Nite! :mrgreen:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II