Bored with Hero Assault?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Bored with Hero Assault?

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 am

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:
MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:My laptop can't handle some of the maps on JBA. :grrr:

Now consider the age of your computer, and buy a new one :punk:
IF your wife doesn't agree "accidentally" break your computer :punk:

PS. seriously if your PC can't run SWBFII at the highest graphics in 60FPS you need a new pc

MT

Or say... honey, if we get a new gaming computer I can teach you how to play the game and we can play TOGETHER... having a gamerwife RAWKS.. just ask caboose!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:
MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:My laptop can't handle some of the maps on JBA. :grrr:

Now consider the age of your computer, and buy a new one :punk:
IF your wife doesn't agree "accidentally" break your computer :punk:

PS. seriously if your PC can't run SWBFII at the highest graphics in 60FPS you need a new pc

MT

Or say... honey, if we get a new gaming computer I can teach you how to play the game and we can play TOGETHER... having a gamerwife RAWKS.. just ask caboose!!!

it's easy. You wake up and go to the kitchen. You happily take your cup of joe. You take the coffee mug to the room where the laptop is. Then when no one is looking, you spill the coffee on the keyboard, and to make sure it's dead, you spill some on the sides, right where the cooler exhaust is located. Then, to make the story credible, you drop the mug and let it make some noise. You then say "oooohhh noooo" "oooohhh man"... you finally have a conversation with your wife about family finances and step into the car, drive to staples, and buy the new laptop (or you could buy one in Newegg.com) :whistling:

Nite's advice sounds easier though.

jk... but remember, buy a desktop and if possible build it yourself. It is so much cheaper.
Last edited by CommanderOtto on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:39 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
it's easy. You wake up and go to the kitchen. You happily take your cup of joe. You take the coffee mug to the room where the laptop is. Then when no one is looking, you spill the coffee on the keyboard, and to make sure it's dead, you spill some on the sides, right where the cooler exhaust is located. Then, to make the story credible, you drop the mug and let it make some noise. You then say "oooohhh noooo" "oooohhh man"... you finally have a conversation with your wife about family finances and step into the car, drive to staples, and buy the new laptop (or you could buy one in Newegg.com) :whistling:

What? No man, why would you do that? Decent coffee mugs are [m'kay] expensive as hell. We're talking like five, maybe even ten bucks for one that'll last you more than a decade. What you should do is go into your water pipes and [m'kay] them all up, yeah? So now water's shooting everywhere, things are going terribly, your wife is screaming and your children are trying to turn the stairs into the slide, and oh no oh [poo] you just threw your arms up, accidentally grabbing the laptop and throwing it directly into the largest pool of water in your living room. While everyone screams, you grab your coffee, go on newegg and get your new lap-

wait

wait

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby kjeopardy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:46 am

CommanderOtto wrote:jk... but remember, buy a desktop and if possible build it yourself. It is so much cheaper

Actually, you often save very little money building it yourself, unless you already have the parts.
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:50 am

3.14pi wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:jk... but remember, buy a desktop and if possible build it yourself. It is so much cheaper

Actually, you often save very little money building it yourself, unless you already have the parts.

I don't know man, my brother said he saved tons of money building it himself. You buy the parts and take a 2 days to build it... but it is definitely way cheaper. There are a few websites where you can "build it yourself" but you are paying someone to put it together for you... in those cases, yeah, it doesn't make much of a difference.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 am

3.14pi wrote:

Just a heads up, every time someone like you says some stupid [poo] like this and gets someone to waste a thousand dollars, all the people that know what they're doing die a little inside. I built my computer from scratch, it cost me 750$ back in March and maxes every game except The Witcher 2 to date. If I were to go for an equivalent PC, it would almost certainly have to be an Alienware or some other piece of overpriced trash. It would cost me at least four hundred more dollars, it would be prone to breaking, and it would look like a ten year old's wet dream. Mine? My computer is a grey slab. Seriously, [poo] looks like a [m'kay] tank. I'm going to be upgrading it for Christmas, and then it's going to max the living [m'kay] out of The Witcher 2, i'm going to get laid like five times in a row, and Jesus Christ himself will come down and be like "yo believe in me yet" and i'll be like "[poo] no I believe in my PC". So if you don't want your PC to be better than Jesus, then sure waste more money on a piece of [poo] that'll break within a year.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Son » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:03 am

[m'kay] wrote:
3.14pi wrote:

Just a heads up, every time someone like you says some stupid [poo] like this and gets someone to waste a thousand dollars, all the people that know what they're doing die a little inside. I built my computer from scratch, it cost me 750$ back in March and maxes every game except The Witcher 2 to date. If I were to go for an equivalent PC, it would almost certainly have to be an Alienware or some other piece of overpriced trash. It would cost me at least four hundred more dollars, it would be prone to breaking, and it would look like a ten year old's wet dream. Mine? My computer is a grey slab. Seriously, [poo] looks like a [m'kay] tank. I'm going to be upgrading it for Christmas, and then it's going to max the living [m'kay] out of The Witcher 2, i'm going to get laid like five times in a row, and Jesus Christ himself will come down and be like "yo believe in me yet" and i'll be like "[poo] no I believe in my PC". So if you don't want your PC to be better than Jesus, then sure waste more money on a piece of [poo] that'll break within a year.

m'kay, I usually do not feel the need to post after you, but after being doped up on cold/flu remedies (not just for the high...) I found your post slightly amusing. Thanks for the laugh.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby kjeopardy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 am

[m'kay] wrote:
3.14pi wrote:

Depends how good a comp you want to build. Processors are expensive, as are some good graphics cards.
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:10 am

Son wrote:
m'kay, I usually do not feel the need to post after you, but after being doped up on cold/flu remedies (not just for the high...) I found your post slightly amusing. Thanks for the laugh.

Good to know I can still provide a few laughs. And fair enough, Pi. Thing is though, the only things that should be running you any serious bank are the power supply, motherboard, processor and graphics card. My processor was like 250$, but it's going to last for another three or four years and it was easily the most expensive purchase on this computer. After you get the essentials, you're looking at maybe a hundred dollars for a reasonable case and RAM and all that. Get a big case, and barring any ridiculous failures you never have to get another one. Feels good.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby LowfatCriminal » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 am

[m'kay] wrote:Just a heads up, every time someone like you says some stupid [poo] like this and gets someone to waste a thousand dollars, all the people that know what they're doing die a little inside. I built my computer from scratch, it cost me 750$ back in March and maxes every game except The Witcher 2 to date. If I were to go for an equivalent PC, it would almost certainly have to be an Alienware or some other piece of overpriced trash. It would cost me at least four hundred more dollars, it would be prone to breaking, and it would look like a ten year old's wet dream. Mine? My computer is a grey slab. Seriously, [poo] looks like a [m'kay] tank. I'm going to be upgrading it for Christmas, and then it's going to max the living [m'kay] out of The Witcher 2, i'm going to get laid like five times in a row, and Jesus Christ himself will come down and be like "yo believe in me yet" and i'll be like "[poo] no I believe in my PC". So if you don't want your PC to be better than Jesus, then sure waste more money on a piece of [poo] that'll break within a year.

Could you post your specs? Id very much like to build a >Jesus computer for <$1000.
Last edited by LowfatCriminal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II