2 New SWGO Servers

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:45 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:We should bring back the SWGO Hero Assault FFA...

No, there are enough servers for that already. Maybe bring back our teams no-force server? (though allocating funds will be difficult).
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:
~>Vorpal.Fa.iL.? wrote:If one of these servers could be Tk-ON that would be fantastic.

I thought you quit the game and SWGO, Hadrian.Welcome back.

To the subject at hand. If the mines and rocket dude is "dumbed down", I won't be playing in your servers Eyes. If you love the game so much, why are you trying to change it? I understand the glitches, but you're taking out the parts that YOU don't like. You're not saving the game...you're molding it to your liking.

neither was touched, the only things changed are on the changelog.

Tiburana203 wrote:
Eyes Only wrote:ill check into that...(everything else)...and they're still bait for recons.

I'm in the western united states. i checked again today for lag, and it hit me again, but only on the instant-spawn server this time.

regarding the changes to the Droideka, most everything is as you said- repeaters are faster and shields regenerate quickly. they don't, however, have immunity to mines- i had no trouble blowing them up on several occasions with a quick toss. they've definitely become more than a speed-bump though; they now resemble a toll booth...with free admission.

server is southeast PA, thats probably where the lag is coming from.

Droidekas are classified as medium vehicles, apparently we arent allowed to attach mine immunity to them, unless i did something wrong.

Drowning In Flames wrote:So why is space in the rotation...

Copied JBA's ServerRotation.cfg, havent made any changes to it.

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
No, there are enough servers for that already. Maybe bring back our teams no-force server? (though allocating funds will be difficult).

Server is quad core, battlefrontii.exe is a single threaded application, I can run up to 4 swbfront2 servers before resources start theoretically getting dicey.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby Mandalore » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 am

The problem isn't that Droidekas aren't solid in their own right, is that there is no semblance of team work or positioning on public servers. Attempt to get a flag past two droidekas on DS and let me know.

And, seeing as choke zapping actually makes dooku and emperor more viable...having erections over what the designers thought would happen is absolutely 100% retarded in a game that was given one patch and then abandoned. The designers have never given two [poo] about the game. Balance is something the community has found either through exploitation or banning. The wookiee is easily the most powerful class in the game, and one of the easiest to learn even by the monkeys who populate this game. Darkie glitching isn't exactly hard to master, but neither is it too easy to land three shots while jerking around like you're having a seizure.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:00 am

11_Panama_ wrote:
~>Vorpal.Fa.iL.? wrote:If one of these servers could be Tk-ON that would be fantastic.

I thought you quit the game and SWGO, Hadrian.Welcome back.

To the subject at hand. If the mines and rocket dude is "dumbed down", I won't be playing in your servers Eyes. If you love the game so much, why are you trying to change it? I understand the glitches, but you're taking out the parts that YOU don't like. You're not saving the game...you're molding it to your liking.

Thank you friend, and as I stated earlier in another topic, DTG is not that hard to beat, it happens all the time on tk-on servers.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm

I tested Upstream yesterday, unfortunately, I didn't have the time for a full trial, though I will say it seems fantastic! :) I have nearly no lag :)

I would suggest bringing down NYC for a day or two so more people would flock to Upstream :whistling:
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:We should bring back the SWGO Hero Assault FFA...

Precisely. I don't like playing in those servers. It's full of trolls. That's why we all like playing in SWGO... because it is under control. The ffa server's are troll parties.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Played on both for an hour. Also on the West Coast but I had no lag at all
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm

I had my fair share of lag today in SWBFII.....
Kinda see how the DTG is fixed, not bad at all

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Draigun » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:I had my fair share of lag today in SWBFII.....
Kinda see how the DTG is fixed, not bad at all

MT

Did you experience any visual lag when attempting to DTG? Visual lag as in the shot actually firing, but the ammo not going down (while attempting to do the DTG).

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby GDog » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 am

Mandalore wrote:The problem isn't that Droidekas aren't solid in their own right, is that there is no semblance of team work or positioning on public servers. Attempt to get a flag past two droidekas on DS and let me know.

And, seeing as choke zapping actually makes dooku and emperor more viable...having erections over what the designers thought would happen is absolutely 100% retarded in a game that was given one patch and then abandoned. The designers have never given two [poo] about the game. Balance is something the community has found either through exploitation or banning. The wookiee is easily the most powerful class in the game, and one of the easiest to learn even by the monkeys who populate this game. Darkie glitching isn't exactly hard to master, but neither is it too easy to land three shots while jerking around like you're having a seizure.

Have to agree with everything you're saying there Mandalore.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II