2 New SWGO Servers

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm

-SR-Delta wrote:
(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:I agree with what Doves said.

But a few suggestions of my own regarding unit classes (Good Lord, I sound like a tyrant):

1) Make SPDs, Clone Troopers, Troopers, etc. do more damage (their blasters)
4) Take health from engies
5) Make the Rocket Launcher on the Magna shoot more quickly
6) Improve the Droidekas (Shields, change from rolled to standing, and blasting speed)
7) Make Bothans cloak completely; add more stamina
9) Make the Imperial Officer's guns do more damage and fire more quickly; improve their mobility
10) Give the Dark Troopers more health

Some of this stuff may not be possible, may be :wacko:, or may just be bad ideas. Just my thoughts after starting to play Conquest recently.

1. No. Giving them better weapons makes people want to actually use them, and we've already got more than enough games where rapid-fire weapons dominate.
4. Actually, I think you could balance engies by replacing detpacks with grenades.
5. Good god no. Jet trooper vs magna is already unbalanced enough as is.
6. Have you ever seen what 2 droidekas camping a hall on deathstar looks like? Droidekas are underpowered because server setting TK=off prevents self-damage.
7. Bothans are already annoying enough on dark maps.
9. Agreed.
10. No, their triple-shock trick is balanced by low health. If anything, give jet troopers better health, more rockets, and more jet fuel.

1. Right now blaster rifles are near "never used" due to low damage of each hit, and no burst damage
4. I don't think grenades do the trick, something like not being able to heal themselves from their own health/ammo packs sounds better
5. I agree the bulldog is fine as it is
6. I agree however TK on JBA or NYC IS NEVER GOING TO CHANGE the majority of the player base prefers it, coming back to this in a second
7. They should have full cloak, right now bothans are much like clone commanders and blaster type classes: Barely used
9. That would be nice
10. Agreed with SR, the ammo on jet-troopers is a pain, clip size i can live with, but the limit of clips jeeez.....

Now Flames the mod your talking about has been created and used in the past.
You would die from your own explosives but teamates would not.
Though i'd like to see this again, many players have a need to det/mine rush, many would be unhappy about this change.

Every class should have it's pro's and con's mobility vs firepower vs survivability
Droidekas aren't mobile, they turn slow, this should stay as it is, however deploying/undeploying goes really slow, according to what goes on outside the game, droidekas usually make a quick entrance, almost instant deploy and have their shields up.
The damage done by the blasters is meh....
But the main issue is the shield, if anyone just does the tiniest damage to the shield it will degenerate, which is BS, shield generators regenerate when they aren't fired upon, they don't degenerate over time...

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Why are you guys changing the game you love so much? :ugeek:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:50 am

11_Panama_ wrote:Why are you guys changing the game you love so much? :ugeek:

Being an observer to this topic, I can say as an answer that we want to change it from being the same old repetitive bs with rushing and so.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Doves » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 am

Fa.iL.? wrote:

Being an observer to this topic, I can say as an answer that we want to change it from being the same old repetitive bs with rushing and so.

Uh, that really isnt what this topic has been about.
Anyway, the only thing that this game needs is less lag/better registration.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby THEWULFMAN » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 am

The reason I never play on JBA with you guys is because of all the det/mine rushers and rocket spammers. The game isn't meant to be played that way, and it's not fun to me.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:The reason I never play on JBA with you guys is because of all the det/mine rushers and rocket spammers. The game isn't meant to be played that way, and it's not fun to me.

But what if that is exactly the way the game was meant to be played? Maybe you just hate swbf, dude :whistling:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:09 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:The reason I never play on JBA with you guys is because of all the det/mine rushers and rocket spammers. The game isn't meant to be played that way, and it's not fun to me.

but wulf, it is part of the game, so it was meant to be that way! :punk:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Outrider » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 am

haasd0gg wrote:

But what if that is exactly the way the game was meant to be played? Maybe you just hate swbf, dude :whistling:

Detpacks and mines are ideally ambush weapons rather than straightforward offensive weapons, and the rocket launcher is there to primarily deal with vehicles, turrets, and destructable buildings. We all know SWBF2 was a rushed game, so maybe the developers didn't have enough time to sufficiently test it online. If the developers really intended for the mine to be dropped right in front of enemy units (it wouldn't be so bad with Team Killing on, or just self-killing) and the rocket launcher used on infantry, then they would have programmed the AI to be able to do those things. (The detpack is a different story since the AI can't even properly use it anyway.)
Outrider
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 am

Drowning In Flames wrote:
Fa.iL.? wrote:

Uh, that really isnt what this topic has been about.
Anyway, the only thing that this game needs is less lag/better registration.

Yeah that too.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 pm

yes but maps are usually small... if team kill was on, haaa, we would have more team killing than anything else. Mines were put to the game so we could use them, and I use them well :lol:

it's awesome when everyone is trapped in one cp and you roll inside and drop a mine in the middle of a group....

CommanderOtto killed Brazosgrad
CommanderOtto killed TRON
CommanderOtto killed Mexican Jedi
CommanderOtto killed Col. Hstar
CommanderOtto killed (SWGO) Sir Pepsi
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II