Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 am

+1 all the way on this.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:04 am

GDog wrote:]Can someone explain to me the difference between JBA and NYC other than maybe a few different maps and less slots? I mean really, why have two servers almost EXACTLY the same and are only sometimes close to full at the same time? I would be happy if NYC went TK-ON. It would give me (and others I know) reason to actually play on SWGO's servers more often. Also, it would add some variety to the people who only play JBA, and who knows, they might like it better. I am almost 100% sure SWGO would gain more than they would loss by doing this. Just a suggestion though.

Because jba is popular enough to require an overflow
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 am

GDog wrote:Can someone explain to me the difference between JBA and NYC other than maybe a few different maps and less slots? I mean really, why have two servers almost EXACTLY the same and are only sometimes close to full at the same time? I would be happy if NYC went TK-ON. It would give me (and others I know) reason to actually play on SWGO's servers more often. Also, it would add some variety to the people who only play JBA, and who knows, they might like it better. I am almost 100% sure SWGO would gain more than they would loss by doing this. Just a suggestion though.

NYC is a backup for JBA when the server crashes. If you change the settings, most people might go to another server? I don't like TK on. TK won't stop the detrushers or the mines and it will be worse because your team will get hurt too. I can assure you, I can throw dets preety well so TK won't stop me either. If people liked TK, JBA wouldn't be so popular. I strongly believe it will just make people upset and the game is dying anyway, so it is impossible for "more people" to come and play.

I suggest that the Upstream server get these new changes. Not NYC or JBA.

Belive me, not only will I continue det throwing.. but I will also continue with mines. If I see a group of people I will throw the mine even if I die too. It doesn't matter, as long as I get more kills than deaths. Other noobs will do the same, and some people are not as careful as I am and I can assure you that some mines will be dropped near teamembers and many mates will die by accident. Therefore, the idea that TK-on will stop mines and dets is just failed (no offense though).
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby GDog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:07 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
GDog wrote:Can someone explain to me the difference between JBA and NYC other than maybe a few different maps and less slots? I mean really, why have two servers almost EXACTLY the same and are only sometimes close to full at the same time? I would be happy if NYC went TK-ON. It would give me (and others I know) reason to actually play on SWGO's servers more often. Also, it would add some variety to the people who only play JBA, and who knows, they might like it better. I am almost 100% sure SWGO would gain more than they would loss by doing this. Just a suggestion though.

NYC is a backup for JBA when the server crashes. If you change the settings, most people might go to another server? I don't like TK on. TK won't stop the detrushers or the mines and it will be worse because your team will get hurt too. I can assure you, I can throw dets preety well so TK won't stop me either. If people liked TK, JBA wouldn't be so popular. I strongly believe it will just make people upset and the game is dying anyway, so it is impossible for "more people" to come and play.

Belive me, not only will I continue det throwing.. but I will also continue with mines. If I see a group of people I will throw the mine even if I die too. It doesn't matter, as long as I get more kills than deaths. Other noobs will do the same, and some people are not as careful as I am and I can assure you that some mines will be dropped near teamembers and many mates will die by accident. Therefore, the idea that TK-on will stop mines and dets is just failed (no offense though).

Also no offense, from the way you are talking about it it's obvious you are not speaking from experience, you are just surmising. I know it's not failed, because I've seen it done, and succeed.

Your point about "People will still minerush and detrush" is countered by this. In TK-off servers, minerushing and detrushing is a good thing to do and you only get rewards from it (kills). In a TK-ON server, yes people may still get kills, BUT unlike in TK-off servers, there is a catch. If you det rush or minerush, you die. So you can either continue to get mine/det rushed and have many people complain about it, while not feasibly punishing the rushers, OR they can get the punishment of dieing each time they do it, whether they get the kill or not.

Like I said before, this is just a suggestion. If SWGO decides not to even test this, it's their decision.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby Doves » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 am

I think the idea of a tk on server is more realistic now that merc and sp are gone, but it would still be difficult to pull off.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby LowfatCriminal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:34 am

GDog wrote: I mean really, why have two servers almost EXACTLY the same and are only sometimes close to full at the same time? I would be happy if NYC went TK-ON. It would give me (and others I know) reason to actually play on SWGO's servers more often. Also, it would add some variety to the people who only play JBA, and who knows, they might like it better. I am almost 100% sure SWGO would gain more than they would loss by doing this. Just a suggestion though.

SWGO is currently viewed as a joke. I'm known to play the HA server and if I join a different server, say duels or something, and people feel the need to insult me its usually along the lines of "SWGO noob" or "go back to SWGO [m'kay]. A TK-on server would do nothing but "up our reputation" and would appeal to the, shall we say, other side of swbf2, the side that's not just about rushing.
If we do not create a TK-on server then second best I believe would be the mod that does damage only to oneself. That eliminates TK trolls and mine\det rushing at the same time.
I say we at least give TK-on a chance.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 am

GDog wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:

Also no offense, from the way you are talking about it it's obvious you are not speaking from experience, you are just surmising. I know it's not failed, because I've seen it done, and succeed.

Your point about "People will still minerush and detrush" is countered by this. In TK-off servers, minerushing and detrushing is a good thing to do and you only get rewards from it (kills). In a TK-ON server, yes people may still get kills, BUT unlike in TK-off servers, there is a catch. If you det rush or minerush, you die. So you can either continue to get mine/det rushed and have many people complain about it, while not feasibly punishing the rushers, OR they can get the punishment of dieing each time they do it, whether they get the kill or not.

Like I said before, this is just a suggestion. If SWGO decides not to even test this, it's their decision.

I know because i've been playing this game for 2 years now. Maybe you have been playing for 6 but I also know this game. I can just throw the det a little further and I will not get killed. I can do that every single time and not die... and I mine a A LOT when there is tk-on... it's not my imagination. If i'm in Tantive IV and I see 4 reps, i'll drop the mine. I die, so what, at least I got 4 kills, upping my score. I'm not the only one who does this tactic.

regarding HA... well Lowfat is right to some extent. That's why i wanted to bring back the Free for All, no pull, HA server. But my main problem with what Gdog wants is that I don't want to be limited to one server only. I like Tk-off and JBA is always full on saturdays. Then my only choice would be, going to the NYC tk-on server. So my problem is: limited choice. Why don't you guys just bring tk-on on the Upstream server?

and let me add, all the other servers are practically empty with one or two forgotten clans that claim to be "ultra pro". How is the change going to bring "more people"? seriously...

The only two servers that have a 3 or 4 bozos that claim to be "pro" are EA and LR. The rest is always "1 player". TK-on: I already see the mega mine explosions killing all the teammates.

So, to be honest G-Dog... I like your idea, but not in NYC or JBA. I like to play in tk-on sometimes, but not always. And lets not forget the game is dying. What's the point in proving to these clans that we are "better"? So to conclude, let's give it a chance but I don't want to be limited to JBA only (which is always full on weekends).

To prove my point, let's do this: put tk-on in the Upstream server. If it starts to get attention and we see people playing there... then g-dog is right. You guys can also add an auto-admin message in JBA and NYC like "Play on our new tk-on and upstream server" to "advertise" the place. If no one comes, then what's the point?
Last edited by CommanderOtto on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Doves » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 am

CommanderOtto wrote:The only two servers that have a 3 or 4 bozos that claim to be "pro" are EA and LR

Please tell me you are talking about hero assault and not conquest
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:17 am

Drowning In Flames wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:The only two servers that have a 3 or 4 bozos that claim to be "pro" are EA and LR

Please tell me you are talking about hero assault and not conquest

yes, they are HA but what I meant with that example is that overall, other than swgo, all other servers are mostly empty (with EA and LR as exceptions). in conquest I don't see any servers that can be considered "populated". That's my point, all the other servers are practically empty.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 am

You can't detrush/minerush if tk is on huh...

I beg to differ. You can, it just requires a lot more skill, and much more risk.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II