2 New SWGO Servers

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 pm

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I agree - well, to some degree - with Otto. I think we should try TK-on for Upstream, advertise the bajeebas outta it, and see if it's popular. If so, implement it on JBA/NYC, if not, leave it on Upstream.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me Pepsi.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:10 pm

LowfatCriminal wrote:SWGO is currently viewed as a joke. I'm known to play the HA server and if I join a different server, say duels or something, and people feel the need to insult me its usually along the lines of "SWGO noob" or "go back to SWGO [m'kay].

I have to disagree with you, it all depends upon the individual and also who is calling them a noob. Typically you find some people who frequent SWGO HA do not tend to like things because they are unable to cope. I see this all of the time people complaining about force, no skill, lack of honour and such like. In a nutshell people get 'owned' because they are unable to adapt to the variety of players and game style on the server be that force, no force and gunners.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:I can't believe I am going to say this, but I agree - well, to some degree - with Otto. I think we should try TK-on for Upstream, advertise the bajeebas outta it, and see if it's popular. If so, implement it on JBA/NYC, if not, leave it on Upstream.

CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:37 pm

What's funny is that scene in the movie, the husband is clapping for his wife. But actually, he hates her and the clapping is not sincere. True story.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby GDog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 pm

You guys really don't seem to be getting the point I am trying to make. Making a server that is not regularly popular TK-ON and trying to see if it becomes popular is pointless. People would rather stick to a server they know, than try a new one. I am saying you should try it on a already popular server and see what the reaction is. If they like it, consider keeping it. If they don't, you can go back to your old ways.

On a side note: Otto, you must not look at the server list much to qualify TK-ON servers as "non-populated". Have you seen these servers: [SL]Funhouse, Dark Squadron, {Dark} Hangout, [NR]Killzone, -SR-Public? Usually at least one of these servers are full or almost full, and all of them have TK on.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 pm

GDog wrote:You guys really don't seem to be getting the point I am trying to make. Making a server that is not regularly popular TK-ON and trying to see if it becomes popular is pointless. People would rather stick to a server they know, than try a new one. I am saying you should try it on a already popular server and see what the reaction is. If they like it, consider keeping it. If they don't, you can go back to your old ways.

On a side note: Otto, you must not look at the server list much to qualify TK-ON servers as "non-populated". Have you seen these servers: [SL]Funhouse, Dark Squadron, {Dark} Hangout, [NR]Killzone, -SR-Public? Usually at least one of these servers are full or almost full, and all of them have TK on.

as I said, I like your idea, but I don't think changing the two best servers out there will help. And all those servers you mentioned are practically empty. Maximum amount of players I have seen in those servers is around 5 or 6 people and it is usually less than that, around 3 or 4 people (so yeah, practically empty). JBA and NYC usually are way more populated than that. The server can be advertised so people can be aware of the tk-on, upstream server. Besides, we need to give people a reason to go to the new server, which has had little attention.

one thing I would like to add... couldn't we try bringing endor on fridays or something?

+

=

FUN
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm

GDog wrote: [SL]Funhouse, Dark Squadron, {Dark} Hangout, [NR]Killzone, -SR-Public? Usually at least one of these servers are full or almost full, and all of them have TK on.

SWGO tends to regularly get 35+ people in their servers especially JBA. I've never seen more the 15-20 tops in those severs.

TK on or off is up to each persons taste. SWGO is the most popular server so why fix what isn't broke
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Doves » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:
GDog wrote: [SL]Funhouse, Dark Squadron, {Dark} Hangout, [NR]Killzone, -SR-Public? Usually at least one of these servers are full or almost full, and all of them have TK on.

SWGO tends to regularly get 35+ people in their servers especially JBA. I've never seen more the 15-20 tops in those severs.

TK on or off is up to each persons taste. SWGO is the most popular server so why fix what isn't broke

Thats because most of those servers have a 16 slot maximum silly.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Okay let's take this from the top
The NYC server started out as a 123+ mod server which i tried in a last failed SWGO mod attempt to have HA with maps different then mos eisly but due to it requiring a download it failed.
After it got turned to conquest however it became rather popular due to it being less laggy for european player due to it's location being in new york instead of in texas.
Due to this popularity this 24-slot server stayed

When merc died the server got booted up in slots because of the excess of players.
Now it serves as a second server while still being less laggy for EU players.

Now about people calling you a "SWGO" noob, I'll be honest, anyone banned from SWGO will call you out on other servers.

Now about "modding" servers the thing is, again servers cost money, in order to maintain them we need to do monthly payments....which requires constant donations.
I'd like to see a TK-on server, but changing an active popular server to something MOST players may lot like will create issues.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/swbf2/
1- JBA
2- NYC
3- 1.0 server
4- HA

Why change something that ain't broke works, if anything, something new that people want to implement should be done so in a new server.
If the popularity is great it might get implemented as something standard.
We used to have a "no-pull" HA server and it died according to matt if people want to spend money on a low-slot(16 maybe?) HA-no pull server i would say go ahead

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II