Endor, bring it back!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Would you like to see the Endor map again? (conquest)

Yes!! Walkers, Speeders and Ewoks all week.
40%
Yes!! but only once a week (Fridays)
7%
No. I hate this map. I never liked the woods.
38%
No. But I will consider the Hunt map....
14%

Total votes : 42

Re: Endor, bring it back!

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am

Matt-Chicago wrote:I always like Endor, Yavin, and other "unpopular" maps.

This game is so old, I think we should have most if not all maps in the rotation.
Just my $0.02

Agreed. Why not give it a shot. And if it does happen, just switch Utapau to CTF, and it'll all be good ^_^.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:38 am

please guys, don't make me beg like a five year old!!!!!!!!! :action-smiley-043: Seriously, let's give this a chance.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Tiburana203 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 am

CommanderOtto wrote:please guys, don't make me beg like a five year old!!!!!!!!! :action-smiley-043: Seriously, let's give this a chance.

and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 am

tiburana, your posts are awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:39 am

I say no simply because of it's lack of popularity. Endor is one of those maps that do take more GPU resources as it's graphical setting is a bit more, detailed if you will, compared to most other maps.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Outrider » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:17 am

Draigun wrote:Endor is one of those maps that do take more GPU resources as it's graphical setting is a bit more, detailed if you will, compared to most other maps.

Mos Eisley is worse than Endor in this category, so that's a illegitmate excuse. Endor is one of those maps that are better designed in terms of unit flow and movement compared to, say, Polis Massa.
Outrider
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm

I've played on Yavin, Utapau, and Endor recently, and I really think Endor should go into the rotation. Space is less popular, yet we still chock it in there. WHy not give it a chance - along with all the hunt maps :whistling:
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:46 am

Outrider wrote:
Draigun wrote:Endor is one of those maps that do take more GPU resources as it's graphical setting is a bit more, detailed if you will, compared to most other maps.

Mos Eisley is worse than Endor in this category, so that's a illegitmate excuse. Endor is one of those maps that are better designed in terms of unit flow and movement compared to, say, Polis Massa.

:appl:
and draigun, it's not unpopular. Almost half the people here want it back (in these forums) but when you add Endor, the server is full and sometimes I can't play because everyone is trying to get in lol.

*admins are whispering and deciding when to add the map* (just don't forget to let me know when, so I can be in inauguration day :star-wars-smiley-008: ).
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby LowfatCriminal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 pm

My problem with Endor (and Yavin for that matter) is that taking cps is basically pointless because the map is so spread out that someone will always be able to sneak around the enemy and recapture a cp. It ends up being a lot of running around and not a whole lot of action. And I agree with whoever said it's hard to see people. It's near impossible.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm

LowfatCriminal wrote:My problem with Endor (and Yavin for that matter) is that taking cps is basically pointless because the map is so spread out that someone will always be able to sneak around the enemy and recapture a cp. It ends up being a lot of running around and not a whole lot of action. And I agree with whoever said it's hard to see people. It's near impossible.

Personally I like to change it like that sometimes, rather than be in yet another Mygeeto or Coruscant match.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II