Gametracker

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Gametracker

Postby Splinter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:52 am

Just like to add to this since it's revived.

It also depends on how long ago said player played under said name, for instance I see Aquaman play with the {(SS)} tags now. So once he switched he would be racking up a score under a totally different name with a different points set entirely, he could of been high up before he switched and that's why other players are passing him now. Same goes for the rest of those on the list.

The only time Gametracker tracks you and your points is when your in a server, so you can have hundreds of hours on swbf2 itself. While only having fifty or so in a server, I know I from time to time leave my game on accidentally while it's just on the server list. So I have more hours then I do in a server

Skill also plays a factor to, a better play can get more points then another in a lot less time. Provided the terrible player doesn't sit in the server for hours on end, then he would be ahead obviously.

I know I re said some stuff, sorry for that.
Also known as Phantom.
Splinter
Community Member

Xfire: Spliiintaaa
Steam ID: iitz_iinsan3

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 am

YEa that is especially funny with steam hours.
If i leave a launcer open for any kind of game by accident, or while it's updating it counts as i were in-game playing for my hours....

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby 11Parsecs » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:25 am

I was just fussing to a friend about this same issue-- I hate that it's the aggregate score rather than some sort of ratio that determine rank. I'd really be interested in constructing something that could be more accurate, based on score-per-minute. I just want to know where I fall with everyone...sigh
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
11Parsecs
Community Member

Xfire: 11parsecs
Steam ID: apache_rose

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

11Parsecs wrote:I was just fussing to a friend about this same issue-- I hate that it's the aggregate score rather than some sort of ratio that determine rank. I'd really be interested in constructing something that could be more accurate, based on score-per-minute. I just want to know where I fall with everyone...sigh

I thought gametracker already had a score per minute....
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby LowfatCriminal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

The most telling I'd say...is the score at the end of the watch. :whistling:
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby 11Parsecs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
11Parsecs wrote:I was just fussing to a friend about this same issue-- I hate that it's the aggregate score rather than some sort of ratio that determine rank. I'd really be interested in constructing something that could be more accurate, based on score-per-minute. I just want to know where I fall with everyone...sigh

I thought gametracker already had a score per minute....

Yeah it does, but it doesn't sort according to it so it's impossible to tell your rank unless you manually sift through the thousands of players. I just want something that determines rank more "accurately".
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
11Parsecs
Community Member

Xfire: 11parsecs
Steam ID: apache_rose

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II