JBA and NYC servers moving

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: JBA and NYC servers moving

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 am

Son wrote:I use too many aliases... Meh i have more fun kicking/banning people. :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

There are two types of admins:

1. The "bait car" type: prefers to hide and wait until the criminal commits the crime. Once the criminal has acted, the admin hits the ban button, "locking the rule breaker in the car" and consequently putting him behind bars.
2. The "i'm the sheriff" type: gets down from his horse, has his hand on his gun, walks into the bar, has a drink and uses his presence to let everyone know he will send you to jail if he sees you. Of course, most behave by seeing him.

you are definitely the first type :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Son » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:
Son wrote:I use too many aliases... Meh i have more fun kicking/banning people. :twisted:

1. The "bait car" type: prefers to hide and wait until the criminal commits the crime. Once the criminal has acted, the admin hits the ban button, "locking the rule breaker in the car" and consequently putting him behind bars.
2. The "i'm the sheriff" type: gets down from his horse, has his hand on his gun, walks into the bar, has a drink and uses his presence to let everyone know he will send you to jail if he sees you. Of course, most behave by seeing him.

Actually...I use an alias so I don't have to listen to "Son...so and so ks'd me ban him. Ban him now...Why aren't you doing your job. Ban him" Then the person doing the complaining goes off and tk's the other person for the ks and instead of warning the ks'er, I warn/kick/ban the tk'er for tk and for retaliation. The warn/kick/ban depends on how well the person knows the rules and if they have any past experience with me kicking them.

Oh yes... I do use the second one as well. But its still fun banning morons.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Son wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:

Actually...I use an alias so I don't have to listen to "Son...so and so ks'd me ban him. Ban him now...Why aren't you doing your job. Ban him" Then the person doing the complaining goes off and tk's the other person for the ks and instead of warning the ks'er, I warn/kick/ban the tk'er for tk and for retaliation. The warn/kick/ban depends on how well the person knows the rules and if they have any past experience with me kicking them.

Oh yes... I do use the second one as well. But its still fun banning morons.

well it is true. I guess that if I were admin I would do the same (if playing in HA).

But its still fun banning morons

:lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:37 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:1. The "bait car" type: prefers to hide and wait until the criminal commits the crime. Once the criminal has acted, the admin hits the ban button, "locking the rule breaker in the car" and consequently putting him behind bars.

1. Sounds like me 25% of the time whenever i feel like taking down a "smarter" troublemaker that will start doing things whenever I'm off
2. That's me, still have people doing what they do regardless, but in both the first and second case, the second you ban 1-2 everything goes easy from there, at least for a little
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby CacophonousFlatulence » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:57 pm

So is this going on right now? I haven't been able to pull up the NYC server for a while now.
CacophonousFlatulence
Community Member

Postby Gunner1010 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 am

I can't see JBA or NYC for 4 days now. What's a happening!!!
Gunner1010

Postby Hannibal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 am

Gunner1010 wrote:I can't see JBA or NYC for 4 days now. What's a happening!!!

Thanks a lot Obama.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Postby [NR]Delta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 am

If you don't mind me asking, what company hosts the servers?
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 pm

We use two different hosts, Art of War Central for JBA and NYC, and Hypernia for HA.

NYC has been down for a week and I can't get an answer from AoWC. I guess besides the server moves they have changed owners, but the new owner is one of the original founders or some-such - but they are in disarray at the moment.

I put in a support ticket about NYC being down days ago and still have no answer.

If they don't get their act together soon, we could always start using Hypernia for JBA.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby [NR]Delta » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 am

AoW... that's a bummer. I've had nothing but bad servers from them.
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II