JBA not in server list

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: JBA not in server list

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:08 am

Gunner1010 wrote:I get that it shows up for you I can see the server on gametracker and who's playing, my question is if it's happening to anyone else?

The exact same thing is happening to Aquaman7. I was in JBA and he couldn't even join it via my xfire. It just does not show up to him.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 am

Hannibal wrote:
Gunner1010 wrote:I get that it shows up for you I can see the server on gametracker and who's playing, my question is if it's happening to anyone else?

The exact same thing is happening to Aquaman7. I was in JBA and he couldn't even join it via my xfire. It just does not show up to him.

you should try looking for it again when you click on multiplayer.. NYC is back online so JBA should be less full.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Gunner1010 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 am

I can see NYC, JBA is unreachable.
Gunner1010

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:19 am

Gunner1010 wrote:I can see NYC, JBA is unreachable.

Let's do this..spam the refresh button because I sometimes have to do it so JBA can show up sometimes. If it doesn't show up, reinstall the game. If that still doesn't work, add me in xfire (thegreatcommanderotto) so we can log in at the same time. Then, if I can see JBA and you can't (and the server is not full) then you are right and there is something wrong. add me in xfire and we can talk friday night to confirm if there really is a problem not allowing you to see the server.

It is curious because Aquaman is also having the same problem. I don't know if it's just plain panic from you guys due to the server changes or if pure coincidence and bad luck, where you log in right when the server is full or down. Do what I said about re-installing. Again, if it doesn't work we can talk Friday and confirm the server is not being listed.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 am

From experience, this issue seems to happen when the origin server (Jedi Battle Arena) modifies the way it normally handles the individual's IP address query packet. In other words, I suspect either your ISP upstream is having issues connecting to JBA's ISP or you have been IP banned based off of unknown reasons, such as: false positive ban, accidental manual add (typo), etc..

If you're still getting the issue, try to reset the modem and/or router. If that doesn't work, my only other suggestion is to change your external IP address.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Draigun wrote:From experience, this issue seems to happen when the origin server (Jedi Battle Arena) modifies the way it normally handles the individual's IP address query packet. In other words, I suspect either your ISP upstream is having issues connecting to JBA's ISP or you have been IP banned based off of unknown reasons, such as: false positive ban, accidental manual add (typo), etc..

If you're still getting the issue, try to reset the modem and/or router. If that doesn't work, my only other suggestion is to change your external IP address.

it would be nice if an admin could check if he has been accidentally banned. What draigun says sounds right
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Son » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 pm

I might be mistaken, but being banned would not stop you from seeing the server...just joining it.

However, he isn't banned, I looked into this when he talked to me on xfire....
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby Gunner1010 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm

My traceroute to the JBA server fails, most likely a router needs updating and most likely it's a rogers router.
Gunner1010

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 pm

lol nice avatar :whistling:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:54 am

Son wrote:I might be mistaken, but being banned would not stop you from seeing the server...just joining it.

It depends on the ban. If it's a CD-Key hash ban, you're only banned from joining the game, but not on the network level. If it's an IP ban, you cannot connect to the server on the network level - resulting in a timeout error; if you can't even see the server at all on both xfire and swbf2, then you've been completely blocked off - not one part of your network connection communicates with the server.

SWBF2's client lobby checks with each and every server by sending specific packets to the query ports. In other words, if one of the servers have blacklisted your IP address, the packets don't go through to the server, and thus, it will not be listed. The same applies to Xfire query as well.

Gunner1010 wrote:My traceroute to the JBA server fails, most likely a router needs updating and most likely it's a rogers router.

This confirms my assumption. You are no doubt IP banned somehow, or your ISP needs to fix some network issues on their end. Either way, contacting the company might solve this.

Also, just double checking, but you didn't modify any settings in the router configuration? It's definitely possible to prevent any network connection from entering your network, given if the configuration is correct.

Here is what everyone should see when they do a traceroute to JBA: (updated)
Code: Select all
Tracing route to 64.120.63.71.rdns.ubiquityservers.com [64.120.63.71]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
  8    36 ms    32 ms    34 ms  xe-2-3-0.cr1.sjc2.us.above.net [64.125.31.18]
  9    43 ms    39 ms    44 ms  xe-0-3-0.cr1.lax112.us.above.net [64.125.26.25]

10    65 ms    81 ms    69 ms  xe-3-2-0.cr1.iah1.us.above.net [64.125.26.121]
 11    78 ms    73 ms    73 ms  xe-1-2-0.cr1.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.26.129]
 12    68 ms    69 ms    83 ms  xe-1-1-0.er1.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.26.210]
 13    82 ms    77 ms    75 ms  209.66.115.54.t01344-01.above.net [209.66.115.54
]
 14    69 ms    71 ms    69 ms  64.120.63.71.rdns.ubiquityservers.com [64.120.63
.71]

Trace complete.

It could vary here and there, but there shouldn't be a lot of timeouts.
Last edited by Draigun on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II