Abusive Admin

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Abusive Admin

Postby Turngaaq » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:19 am

I hate for this to be my first post in this forum, but, I need to report an Admin who was being abusive with his authority. While playing a really good game on Mustafar, and just right after I had been awarded the hero, the Admin switched me from Clones to CIS. Once I was switched over to the other team, I was prevented from spawning. There were no reports of a spawn bug and there were CPs available to spawn - I just kept going from 15 to 0 on the spawn count, and it would start over again - it would not freeze like it does with a spawn bug. I asked for the Admin to explain why he was doing that, but he did not respond. I asked him several questions, but there was no response. A player named my_gun claimed it was Pootus Tangus who was Admin, but I cannot confirm that. Is this sort of behavior by Admins acceptable? I would appreciate any tips on how to deal with an Admin who is doing this in the future. Thanks.
Turngaaq
Community Member

Re: Abusive Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:17 am

Admins can't do that kind of thing.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Vishy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 am

The real question is why the admin (Pootus, if my_gun is right) would swap someone who just got jedi. Was Pootus on CIS, and was he afraid of getting killed with Turngaaq's jedi? I've seen a fair number of times players (including me) getting swapped onto admins teams just because they are playing well.
Vishy
Community Member

Xfire: wabbitface98

Postby Darth Crater » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:38 am

Thank you for the report, we are looking into it. I can say that you not spawning at all after the swap was a bug, not any kind of admin action.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 am

Darth Crater wrote:Thank you for the report, we are looking into it. I can say that you not spawning at all after the swap was a bug, not any kind of admin action.

...also, if you are experiencing not being able to spawn with CPs still available, I would recommend you chat "SPAWN BUG". Hopefully, if an admin is on, they will see the report(s), and either restart the map (If relatively early in the round), or forward to the next map (If the rounds been going for a while).
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Duel of Fates » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:55 pm

This is not your first post Turngaaq, or should I say Icerigger? I am not the admin that switched you. But I have witnessed your tantrums of the past. Good times . . . good times. Hope we get to the bottom of this.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I mean, can the admin see that a player is playing as hero in the player list? I don't think so... maybe he was just switching people and you got randomly selected.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Turngaaq » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:38 am

WD-40, thank you for your thoughtful response. I am confident it was not a spawn bug, as no one else was experiencing that problem. But, it's possible that some sort of new oddity happened that I have not seen before.

Duel of the Fates, you are not the first one to incorrectly assume that I am Icerigger. Obviously, nothing I can say will assuage you of that, but I can honestly say that I am not him/her. As for tantrums, I don't know what you are talking about. I routinely compliment other players for good and fair play, and once in a while will complain; but, I have never engaged in conduct that would qualify as a tantrum. I also do not believe that I have ever played a map with a player using your name on the battlefield. So, I don't know how or why you make the assumptions and statements that you do. If I do encounter you on a map, I can only hope that you die well.
Turngaaq
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:01 am

Look Einstein, we do not keep track of players by name alone. You can change it to anything you like. Your IP address and cd hashkey are the same.

I am all for giving people second chances. So if you wish to start over and change your name and act better on the servers, cool. Good luck with that. Unfortunately, you seem to have some very bad habits that give you away everytime. Lying on the forums is a good way to get a bad rep as well.

As for why you do not see me on JBA and NY, I play under an alias or two to catch trouble makers who act one way when they know an admin is on, and act like a douchebag when they think there is no one watching. :twisted:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Inspector Gadget » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am

Turngaaq wrote:WD-40, thank you for your thoughtful response. I am confident it was not a spawn bug, as no one else was experiencing that problem. But, it's possible that some sort of new oddity happened that I have not seen before.

Duel of the Fates, you are not the first one to incorrectly assume that I am Icerigger. Obviously, nothing I can say will assuage you of that, but I can honestly say that I am not him/her. As for tantrums, I don't know what you are talking about. I routinely compliment other players for good and fair play, and once in a while will complain; but, I have never engaged in conduct that would qualify as a tantrum. I also do not believe that I have ever played a map with a player using your name on the battlefield. So, I don't know how or why you make the assumptions and statements that you do. If I do encounter you on a map, I can only hope that you die well.

Hmm. I detect a lie on my [poo] meter... Inspector Gadget, away! Let's start with this keyhash 375f7915980ba165c375ed64bb3e65c7 when I put it into my computer database I retrieved this information....

This is what the data came up with.... You can clearly tell Icerigger is Turngaaq. It seems we have caught you in a lie icerigger, never try to out smart Inspector Gadget!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-JHfXVlkik

Inspector Gadget, Away!!!
Inspector Gadget
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II