Lucas Arts No more!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Lucas Arts No more!

Postby mrjamwin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:30 pm

http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

So you all know what that means?? NO SWBF3!!!!!! Stop hoping that it will ever happen because it won't. Now get over yourselves go cry in a corner for a bit and then move on. Enjoy swbf2 for as long as you can. Thank you and have a nice day.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Lucas Arts No more!

Postby Viking2525 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Yeah because Disney Interactive Studios couldn't possibly develop any new Star Wars games since their parent company spent $4B acquiring the franchise. They'll concentrate on making Ep VII then make the video game tie in...wait and see.
Viking2525
Community Member

Postby mrjamwin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:23 pm

mrjamwin wrote:http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

So you all know what that means?? NO SWBF3!!!!!! Stop hoping that it will ever happen because it won't. Now get over yourselves go cry in a corner for a bit and then move on. Enjoy swbf2 for as long as you can. Thank you and have a nice day.

How dare you bring facts like that into my discussion!!!! I will kick your sorry little a... if you ever do that again.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 pm

R.I.P.

Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Brazosgrad » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Permission is herein granted for star wars gamers everywhere to go into a great, deep depression and live life as a hermit-yoda-alien thing.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Brazmin wrote:Permission is herein granted for star wars gamers everywhere to go into a great, deep depression and live life as a hermit-yoda-alien thing.

this sums up 90% of star wars gamers already
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:I told you guys, this is very bad news! As I said before the star wars executives are cutting funding to all projects not related to the movies right now. As I said before, even if money can be made, they won't put a penny more into it just so they don't lower the "return of investment", specially after considering they spent 4 billion dollars on Star Wars. If they are thinking about cancelling 1313, a game that has had so much publicity right now, then they will definitely cancel the production of this wonderful game. Why? it has not even been announced so it can be easily cancelled. The fact that someone leaked the information about this game right now is indicative of how bad the situation is right now. This person knows that they will cancel it so he had to leak the information so that people would know and hopefully force Disney to continue. This is also the reason that 1313 got so much publicity in the first place. High management in the 1313 project knew for about a year that Disney would buy star wars so they gambled that doing all that marketing would probably force Disney to finish it... you know, adding some pressure to those Disney executives. Since the feeling is that Lucasarts and Lucasfilm are practically being killed, many people are probably quitting (just like that last two executives I mentioned in the last thread, Meegan and Clint Hocking) and that is why this guy said Lucasarts was "bleeding talent"... not only management, but programmers too. very sad indeed.

Link from where I got some info the last thread, for those of you who have not been up to date:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/11/disney-lucasarts/

On Star Wars.com there was also an announcement that they were going to "wind down the series" for Star Wars The Clone Wars, which to my surprise, has been incredibly good for a "cartoon". It has some deep content, sometimes not fit for kids .It seems they will just publish the last episodes they had been working on because they said the following phrase:

we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content.

bonus content ????... it sounds like they cancelled season 6 of the series. It's a shame.

yep, I was right.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Of course lucasarts is gone, lucas doesn't own it anymore.
Welcome DISNEYARTS! Let's make us some star-wars games :punk:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby WD-40 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 am

I figure, but there's money to be made, Disney will be open to any ideas. Which may include creating a new BF3 game. We'll see.

Love that pic Duel.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby SWINE FLU » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 am

Not really surprising, to be honest. We'll just have to sit tight and watch. Disney obviously has their plans.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II