Lucas Arts No more!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Lucas Arts No more!

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:26 am

CommanderOtto wrote:The Gloom Walker's website made an interview of an ex lucas arts employee. Click the link below:

http://www.gwgnetwork.com/2013/04/the-future-of-star-wars-gaming-an-exclusive-interview-with-former-lucasarts-employee/

Yeah, no. If anyone respects and trusts me enough to listen when I say... it's fake. For starters, employees don't talk like that. They don't. And they're just plain wrong.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:47 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:The Gloom Walker's website made an interview of an ex lucas arts employee. Click the link below:

http://www.gwgnetwork.com/2013/04/the-future-of-star-wars-gaming-an-exclusive-interview-with-former-lucasarts-employee/

Yeah, no. If anyone respects and trusts me enough to listen when I say... it's fake. For starters, employees don't talk like that. They don't. And they're just plain wrong.

dude, you don't know these people. The website was run by a bf3 fan called Tuggie (for years) and this is an interview of someone who was just fired, so he doesn't need to be all polite and correct and thus, he's not an employee. It's not an official interview of someone who represents the company, just an interview of someone who just lost his job. It's like if I asked a friend who was fired, what he thinks about a company... m'kay politeness, he'll just say what he can. Can they prove it is legit, no, but it is true, no doubt about it. I even played a few matches with the guy who created this website. and plus, where is this "wrong"?
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Outrider » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:52 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:dude, you don't know these people. The website was run by a bf3 fan called Tuggie (for years)...I even played a few matches with the guy who created this website. and plus, where is this "wrong"?

So you know these people, and you've played online with the creator of that website, Tuggie, who is a fan of the non-existant SWBF3...how exactly do these things make this interview anymore legitmate?
...and this is an interview of someone who was just fired, so he doesn't need to be all polite and correct and thus, he's not an employee.

He's no longer an employee, yet he doesn't go into a lot of the specifics in his responses. He's also anonymous. What does he have to fear? It's not like he's still under contract.
It's not an official interview of someone who represents the company, just an interview of someone who just lost his job. It's like if I asked a friend who was fired, what he thinks about a company... m'kay politeness, he'll just say what he can.

Politeness isn't being questioned here. It's the quality of his responses that is questionable. To be blunt, his spelling sucks, and his diction is very poor.
Can they prove it is legit, no, but it is true, no doubt about it.

It is true on what basis? Yes, Disney shut down LucasArts, but to carry out the exact same plans that this supposed ex-employee describes? You don't know that for certain.
Outrider
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Outrider wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:dude, you don't know these people. The website was run by a bf3 fan called Tuggie (for years)...I even played a few matches with the guy who created this website. and plus, where is this "wrong"?

So you know these people, and you've played online with the creator of that website, Tuggie, who is a fan of the non-existant SWBF3...how exactly do these things make this interview anymore legitmate?
...and this is an interview of someone who was just fired, so he doesn't need to be all polite and correct and thus, he's not an employee.

He's no longer an employee, yet he doesn't go into a lot of the specifics in his responses. He's also anonymous. What does he have to fear? It's not like he's still under contract.
It's not an official interview of someone who represents the company, just an interview of someone who just lost his job. It's like if I asked a friend who was fired, what he thinks about a company... m'kay politeness, he'll just say what he can.

Politeness isn't being questioned here. It's the quality of his responses that is questionable. To be blunt, his spelling sucks, and his diction is very poor.
Can they prove it is legit, no, but it is true, no doubt about it.

It is true on what basis? Yes, Disney shut down LucasArts, but to carry out the exact same plans that this supposed ex-employee describes? You don't know that for certain.

lol, keep wasting your time. If you don't like it, don't read it.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Outrider » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Grow up please. I read it, and thought it looked very bad, which made me skeptical. This is just an interview that I don't trust. I neither like or dislike it. And besides, I cannot like something without knowing what it is first.
Outrider
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Outrider wrote:Grow up please. I read it, and thought it looked very bad, which made me skeptical. This is just an interview that I don't trust. I neither like or dislike it. And besides, I cannot like something without knowing what it is first.

look, stop being a smartass and do something more useful than question some unknown website. So what, legit no legit, like if I really care.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Outrider » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Then stop defending it. If you really don't care, then you wouldn't blindly defend it.
Outrider
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 pm

both of you shut up nobody cares
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby [JOG]WorldFear » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:25 pm

I watched leaked gameplay on youtube, honestly... IT SUCKED! :jawd: Im sorry but the graphics were aweful, the maps were small and undetailed and the units and wepons were super lame. The space battles looked even worse. First Assault looks awesome though, it reminds me of Ghost Recon but better. You can vault obstacles and the weapons are well designed and creative :gunsmilie: There were new units, ships, and maps and the graphics were AMAZING!!!!! so check out the gameplay footage and decide for yourself...
Formally TheDoctor, KiraHumanShinigami, LordSasuke, DemonicNinja, Phresh_J
[JOG]WorldFear
Community Member

Xfire: thelorddragon

Postby Joker » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 am

Just as long as Battlefront III is released.
Joker
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II