Rumor: Star Wars Battlefront III evolves

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Rumor: Star Wars Battlefront III evolves

Postby [m'kay] » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 pm

mrjamwin wrote:swbf3= Elite Squadron, Renegade Squadron and Force Unleashed. Do you guy get it. You've been duped. There will be NO swbf3. Sorry.

This. For the love of god people, every time a website has a report from another website that there MIGHT be a SWBFIII in the works, you all simultaneously jizz in your pants.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby BurzaP » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

mm, Bogdannn......... Guyz, I'm sure you misunderstand. No SWBF3 but Battlefront Online. I'm spectical to all rumours and I don't believe easily in each one. However, last time there was a movement in internet and there is a huge possibility something is going on. There is what I found.

SOURCE: battlefront3.net

A Conversation with LucasArts… Battlefront 3? Yes!
December 15, 2009 by admin
Filed under Featured, Rumors

This is quite intersting, a member of SWBF3 Speculation have actually contacted LucasArts support and asked them if Battlefront 3 is going to be released.

Their response:

“I am sure they’ll have it at some point, I wouldn’t worry about it too much, it’s not even really due out until, something like, November, 2010 or so. It’s certainly aways off from what I understand, nothing official obviously”No whether or not he’s just speculating or he’s trying not to give too much information away is unknown.

He was also asked straight out if the game was real…

His response:

“Yes”

He also was asked if LucasArts was the publisher and the answer was yes, but he could not identify the developer.

Also we have an email response from EA, courtesy of donhomerj:

“Hi Michael,

Always nice to hear from a genuine Battlefront fan.

Until EA is ready to make an announcement, all games in development must be kept secret in case they fall into the hands of the Sith. I’m sure you understand.

Regards,

EA Support.

—–Original Message—–
Sent: Tue 15/12/2009 00:11
To: EA Support
Subject: Question about a Game

Dear EA Team,
IZd just like to know, are you working on Star Wars Battlefront 3 ?
There are rumors, that you are, and IZd like to know, if thats true.
Please answer me
Friendly Greeting
Michael j.”

That definitely wasn’t a no! Nice work donhomerj!

-------------------This was a first topic about SWBF3(December, so ppl didn't know it is Battlefront: Online-------------------------

Now the latest topic:

Well this is some interesting new today, courtesy of Kotaku.com.au. They are stating, that their sources are saying that a Battlefront Online is in development, which sounds pretty sweet!

I’m not sure how everyone would feel about this because I guess it would be strickly online, which obviously means, no single player mode. I would like to have a single player mode but at this point, this news is better than the news of “Battlefront is dead”.

Check out what Kotaku.com.au has to say:

Rumours
Rumour: SOCOM Devs Working On “Star Wars: Battlefront Online”
By Luke Plunkett on January 29, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Star Wars: Battlefront III may have been binned, but we’ve heard from sources that the series lives on, in the form of currently-in-pre-production Battlefront Online.
The game, for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, is currently being worked on by both Lucasarts and Slant Six Games, the studio responsible for SOCOM Confrontation and SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 3.
The title is still in pre-production, so there’s no guarantee that we’ll ever hear more of it – Battlefront having become somewhat of a cursed property after the recent demise of original developers Pandemic and buy-out of BFIII developers Free Radical – but Lucasarts’ insistence on getting a Battlefront game made in spite of all that gives us hope. A… New Hope, even (sorry).

Battlefront Online is, as the name suggests, planned to be online-only, and is tentatively slated to appear in 2011.

Whether this game was the source of that “Battlefront IV” concept art that turned up last year is unknown, but our sources tell us that it is the source of those voice actor rumours from December.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ALL-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was what I hadfound. It can be a load of rubbish but it is not looking like abother hoax.

Hope
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby mrjamwin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

And how do you know these emails weren't made up? Seriously. With the inception of The Clone Wars and the other Stars Games the whole concept of a swbf3 as been scraped. Of course anyone from Lucasarts is going to say something stupid like "until someone makes annoucement we don't want it to fall in the hands of this sith" They're obligated to say that. If swbf3 was truly coming out then Lucasarts and EA would be waving their banners higher and promoting the crap out this game because they know they would be making BIG bucks on it and they know it. The sad thing is 95% of you wouldn't be able to run it because of your crap old computers. So you'd still be stuck playing swbf2 and that's a damn shame. So either way you lose. Sorry to break it to you all.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby BurzaP » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:17 pm

As I said, I'm sceptical to these rumours. But, I know that this mess with swbf3 was not only a hoax because there was a video. And the news that this SWBF3 is DEAD but instead of it they are creating another game is quite possible. However, It's quite strange that there is no beta if they want to publish it in "November 2010". So these e-mails can be jokes... but. we will see.
To my comp.... it's fast enaugh to play in any new game on high details. I'm not a kid.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby mrjamwin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Just for the record Burza, when I was using the term "you" I meant the general population of SWGO. I'm well aware that you're in the adult category. :) :hug:
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 pm

If I was an actual LA employee getting contacted by some [m'kay] [poo] head from the internet, I'd just mess them around and have as entertaining a time with them as possible tbh.

Seriously, unless someone with a big enough lump of cheese says something, then there's no point speculating.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby SWINE FLU » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm

I think you all should just wait and see...

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby mrjamwin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

"Hope and Change" Anyone of you heard of that crap before too? Let's all have hope and MAYBE one day swbf3 will come out.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Chin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:38 pm

mrjamwin wrote:And how do you know these emails weren't made up? Seriously. With the inception of The Clone Wars and the other Stars Games the whole concept of a swbf3 as been scraped. Of course anyone from Lucasarts is going to say something stupid like "until someone makes annoucement we don't want it to fall in the hands of this sith" They're obligated to say that. If swbf3 was truly coming out then Lucasarts and EA would be waving their banners higher and promoting the crap out this game because they know they would be making BIG bucks on it and they know it. The sad thing is 95% of you wouldn't be able to run it because of your crap old computers. So you'd still be stuck playing swbf2 and that's a damn shame. So either way you lose. Sorry to break it to you all.

This is true, however battlefront online will run fine on my ps3 so who needs to spend 700+ dollars on a gaming rig when you can spend 200$ on the ps3, which rivals in graphics, can run games smoothly, doesn't require 30 minutes install times? Sure it's true that my computer doesn't have a gaming video card (intel GMA 4500) but it's good at what I want it to do, swbf2 is the only game I have on my computer. so it really doesn't matter how crappy my computer is. because my Ps3 can play anything and more (U2, infamous, etc.)

I agree with mrjamwin in that I seriously doubt battlefront three is coming out, ever. battlefront online is the best you will get, and given lucas arts past few star wars releases,( renegade squadron, Republic heroes) it will probably suck.
Chin
Community Member

Postby mrjamwin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Can you get a PS3 for $200?
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II