Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:59 pm

During my time on the SWGO servers I've seen plenty of criticism regarding play styles.

Personally I've gotten plenty of flak for being a "detnoob" and "dark glitching." What I've noticed is 95% of the time these criticisms are from players who usually play heavy class or just seem to not be AMAZING at Bf2, and that is not to say they're not good, but they're nothing special.

The times I've played with super elite conquest players, which I do not consider myself, they were (for the most part) very non-judgmental about play style. They all seem to be very understanding of the fact that engineers and darks are legit classes, and would rather kill you 20 times in a row than chanting "det dork" while spamming mines.

The great irony here being the players most often being critical of engineer/dark play styles, would not be able to rely on their own techniques on TK servers.

While not directly related I also believe that DTG (dark trooper glitch) balances upper-level combat. Hanging with a very skilled wookie is very difficult when skill levels are equal across sides.

Am I totally misguided? I understand I certainly have a large bias in this. Also this is {(SS)}Hanny.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby Corpse » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:50 pm

People should use their time to play the game, not to vent their frustration at their own inadequacies.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Corpse wrote:People should use their time to play the game, not to vent their frustration at their own inadequacies.

Or at how others play.
Hannibal
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:07 pm

I totally agree here... I think it doesn't matter if someone uses a darkie or an engineer... they are totally legit. The problem is that some people get frustrated because they don't get many kills by being sniper or stormtrooper. We must admit though... people who use these (and get kills) are better players. However, this problem is very small in comparison to Hero Assault. People complain too much about choke and pull and push.... I personally complain about pull sometimes because it has double the length of push, but it's really a part of the game and a waste of time to complain about it too much.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:18 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:I totally agree here... I think it doesn't matter if someone uses a darkie or an engineer... they are totally legit. The problem is that some people get frustrated because they don't get many kills by being sniper or stormtrooper. We must admit though... people who use these (and get kills) are better players. However, this problem is very small in comparison to Hero Assault. People complain too much about choke and pull and push.... I personally complain about pull sometimes because it has double the length of push, but it's really a part of the game and a waste of time to complain about it too much.

Thank you for a non-condescending answer that adds to the discussion.

I've always though it very interesting how much complaining of force goes in SWGO HA for the very limited times I go there. This is a game about Star Wars about on a server that allows force yet people are surprised when it's used.
Hannibal
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Hannibal wrote:This is a game about Star Wars about on a server that allows force yet people are surprised when it's used.

lol I had not thought about it like that... good point.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 am

Det dork :lol: I wonder where you got that from Hanny :innocent:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:11 am

Hannibal wrote:During my time on the SWGO servers I've seen plenty of criticism regarding play styles.

Personally I've gotten plenty of flak for being a "detnoob" and "dark glitching." What I've noticed is 95% of the time these criticisms are from players who usually play heavy class or just seem to not be AMAZING at Bf2, and that is not to say they're not good, but they're nothing special.

The times I've played with super elite conquest players, which I do not consider myself, they were (for the most part) very non-judgmental about play style. They all seem to be very understanding of the fact that engineers and darks are legit classes, and would rather kill you 20 times in a row than chanting "det dork" while spamming mines.

The great irony here being the players most often being critical of engineer/dark play styles, would not be able to rely on their own techniques on TK servers.

While not directly related I also believe that DTG (dark trooper glitch) balances upper-level combat. Hanging with a very skilled wookie is very difficult when skill levels are equal across sides.

Am I totally misguided? I understand I certainly have a large bias in this. Also this is {(SS)}Hanny.

I don't play much CQ, but I can agree with some of what you've said. The majority of criticism stemming from being killed in-game comes from immediate anger that is easily relinquished, for whatever reason, by letting others know how the player feels, whatever that may be. I've been attacked by some in HA for playing with Han Solo; many GoR players find this annoying and subsequently attempt to rectify the not-really-a-problem situation by venting. I think, in respect to CQ, however, while also considering my own HA experience, that the game mechanics are unbalanced in some cases, and merit some criticism. This isn't to attack your "detting" or "double/triple-lightings," Hanny, but rather to shed light on the fact that their is some legitimate cause for anger when people play as a particular class. This noted, it can be spun back on anyone, really - heavy's shouldn't be able to mine the way they do, or blast rockets in Tantive IV, etc.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Jedi Power » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:27 am

I usually play Vanguard and I am not very fond of all the mass of players that use engineers, but I know they are easier to use and they are part of the game as stated. I also respect those that can use the Dark Trooper because it is a skill I don't have, however I do have a problem with those that use the double-shock as it is not defensible.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:40 am

In all the hours I've spent playing this game, I have yet to see anyone get called a "trooper noob" :lol:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II