Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby Jedi Power » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 am

I know that's right! Only a mine noob.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby (SWGO)Max » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 am

I have never complained in cq the short times Ive played in those servers about classes.. maybe because im no good and i just throw everything I have at the enemy and play like I am in HA.

About Hero Assault though. While it is apart of the game, it is very cheap to double pull to the extent that people do. Most of the time people just don't know how to play and do it totally out of ignorance not even trying to troll.

The people who complain about all types of force normally just suck all around and don't know how to block. "Push noob" should not even be an insult yet people try and use it as such. Pushing is the most even force across the board. It has moderate range, its not pulling people towards you, and it is blockable. Those people are Retards.

For me, I dislike double pull because chokers are not allowed to infinite choke. While I get that it is seen as a glitch, you could say that one hit kills are glitches. Also, if infinite choke is such a glitch how come it doesn't lag down the servers like say a wookie glitch? Choke doesn't even have a super long range. I realize that people would take advantage of infinite choke and disrupt games by choking 100% of the time, But it is just as annoying as being pulled across the map. Infinite choke would even the playing field and also add a new element to the game.

Pull is by far the cheapest option of force. It takes the same amount of force as push but has 3x the range, the character is not slowed or temporarily kept from attacking (Such as choke).
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:23 am

Imagine if a class was immune to det packs. How many engies would be crying about that?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Mandalore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:40 am

Play what you think is fun. For whatever lucky reason, most of the "gamey" mechanisms that have been discovered over the years have actually kind of ended up balancing the game. CB in particular is by far the biggest equalizer between characters in the game for no force.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:27 am

I still get called a recon noob. But it is so fun to detonate in the middle of a spawn and nail about 9 players standing around with their thumbs up their bums. I still laugh.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby WD-40 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:11 am

Whenever I get too beat up by Dark Troopers, I switch to Engineer or Sniper. Sniper being a bit more risky because one shock, you're dead, can't self-heal, and must always be exposed to shoot vs throwing a det from around a corner or behind a door. It's advantage is range, even no-scope. I've taken out numerous Darks that way, but if they see me first, I'm usually dead meat from the better players.

Can you imagine a 'Wookie' with a Jet Pack? Even up that class with a Dark Trooper capability since Wookies and all others are helpless to move for fighting back once shocked. Get double/triple jump shocked, you're dead.

Darkies vs Wookies with Jet Packs! Now THAT would be fun! :punk:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Hannibal » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:28 pm

WD-40 wrote:Whenever I get too beat up by Dark Troopers, I switch to Engineer or Sniper. Sniper being a bit more risky because one shock, you're dead, can't self-heal, and must always be exposed to shoot vs throwing a det from around a corner or behind a door. It's advantage is range, even no-scope. I've taken out numerous Darks that way, but if they see me first, I'm usually dead meat from the better players.

Can you imagine a 'Wookie' with a Jet Pack? Even up that class with a Dark Trooper capability since Wookies and all others are helpless to move for fighting back once shocked. Get double/triple jump shocked, you're dead.

Darkies vs Wookies with Jet Packs! Now THAT would be fun! :punk:

There are few things as beautiful as playing sniper class and having darks try and jet to you in a straight line.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Postby [NH]Shadow » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:16 pm

I take a completely different mental approach. I since I [almost always] play Sniper, I think of the Jet troopers as sniper fodder, as they are vastly inferior to Dark troopers. I consider Dark troopers to be just a bit more powerful. The trick is to just stay out of range, and have a good no scope or quick scope.
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Gunner1010 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 pm

I think alot of players think that the "acceptable" glitches are cheating and that pisses them off when they are used by the handful of players that have perfected them. Hell I even considered learning the glitches to even things out but I'm too old to worry about it at this point :wheelchair:. Hanny (aka landbeaver) you are a great player, and I perfer a tough game so if you see me [female dog] at you it only means I'm having a good time!
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 pm

The problem I have with Darkie glitching is that I hear the excuse that is used to level the field against op wookies. But the reality of it is that it's used on all factions...not just wookies. Then it makes darkies op over everyone else. Why can't the "glitchers" just be honest and man up...you need a glitch to win. Stop using the excuse about wookies.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II