Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby 5.31.14 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 am

Agreed, Han. Mastering the art of destroying the enemy team with any weapon will get you at least a few complaints here and there. Be it a dark trooper or a sniper, someone that feels entitled to getting the kill on you by mining the surrounding area or double clicking the detpack bind will be quite surprised when you show that you can evade and aim.

Alot of the complaints that people have about shotguns and dark troopers become null and void when playing in a team-kill on server filled with decent players who know how to roll, strafe, and shoot. An engineer has no more of an advantage than the skilled marksman who can read his motion pattern and pull off a headshot in half a second. Using the double jet glitch becomes a liability when facing a player who has already mapped out your flight path and is practically expecting to rock you out of the air with a grenade or detpack the moment you leave the ground.

Granted, a majority of the players in the SWGO servers are not top notch, and many of those found in the average conquest game have just picked up the disc again for the first time in six years. Even so, players like you, Red_Five, and Psycho Dad are perfect examples of people who know how to play the game and unfortunately get called out because they are destroying people left and right under seemingly impossible circumstances.
Community Member

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:23 pm

As long as there are humans, this problem will not be solved. To solve this problem we should destroy all humans with nukes, who's with me?

Nah hanny, they just keep getting frustrated that they're getting killed all the time and can't help it that they aren't as good as you are so to become better and not die so often they personnally attack those "good" players so they would ragequit. The best advice I would give is that you just ignore what they say. Don't say something back at them, just let them rage, then they'll be calm later.

Also, I Always disliked rocket launcher [m'kay] 0 skill, not that this game requires a lot of skill meh.
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 pm

A validation from you just hurts Hanny's cause even more. Thank you.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Mandalore » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Since there hasn't been a patch for the game since like 2007 we can clearly assume the game is finished and everything left is how the designers meant it to be!

But seriously, the meta game evolved the way it did for certain reasons and is one of the few things that was never questioned by the competitive players for years. Trust me, when they all stopped [female dog] at each other over something, it meant that it was a good idea. Is DTGing technically an exploit? Yes. However, the designers of SWBF2 have proven themselves to be absolutely incompetent in balance design. While nearly impossible to achieve given the way they designed the factions to have unique classes. Thankfully, between a lot of the glitches in the game balancing it out and switching teams during competition it was easy to achieve balance.

Even though it's a mute point to argue at this point given the game's population, it's still fun to talk about. ;)
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:55 pm

-=AF=-Terrence wrote: Even so, players like you, Red_Five, and Psycho Dad are perfect examples of people who know how to play the game and unfortunately get called out because they are destroying people left and right under seemingly impossible circumstances.

I honestly believe Psycho Dad uses some program to see thru walls. He has made too many 'impossible' kills, and knows what's coming way before he should.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:30 am

WD-40 wrote:
-=AF=-Terrence wrote: Even so, players like you, Red_Five, and Psycho Dad are perfect examples of people who know how to play the game and unfortunately get called out because they are destroying people left and right under seemingly impossible circumstances.

I honestly believe Psycho Dad uses some program to see thru walls. He has made too many 'impossible' kills, and knows what's coming way before he should.

I have to agree. The shots he pulls off are suspect. In death star, when you run across the bridge before the long hallway... I'm not even half way through it.. he peeks around and kills me... one shot. He always tends to see me before I see him. My ping is over 100% better than his, yet his respond time is amazing. I can't accuse him of cheating, but there's something going on with him.. he's too good for someone having a ping of over 200 at times. Even with better then average players, he dominates. My gut feeling tells me he has something helping him.

Let the flood gates of trolls open.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Jedi Power » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:11 am

There is some sort of patch that let's you see through walls. I have seen players use it while I watch others. Walls are a blue color and transparent. I have no problem giving props to the greatest of players, but then there is a line that seems to be being crossed.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 am

Jedi Power wrote:There is some sort of patch that let's you see through walls. I have seen players use it while I watch others. Walls are a blue color and transparent. I have no problem giving props to the greatest of players, but then there is a line that seems to be being crossed.

It's like that saying..."When it's too good to be true....
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Hobo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 am

psychos a lot more notorious with speeders, the skill cap on those goddamn things is huge and he abuses the hell out of the invincibility spinning
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby WD-40 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:48 am

Well...Whenever I see him on a server, it's sorta depressing. I hate not being able to prove it one way or the other, and he never responds to chat...which makes me wonder if it's deliberate, or he uses a gaming console, and can't chat, but is just damn good at using it to fight.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II