Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 am

11_Panama_ wrote:A poll for what? And what will be accomplished if we did?

A poll to see if it would be allowed or not, after presenting our different points of view. Idk it was just an idea, thought it would be better than endless bickering
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 am

Fa.iL.? wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:A poll for what? And what will be accomplished if we did?

A poll to see if it would be allowed or not, after presenting our different points of view. Idk it was just an idea, thought it would be better than endless bickering

I believe we already had a discussion on the darkie glitch. We pretty much had a divided consensus on that (50/50), so we decided not to take measures. There was also confusion on identifying the glitch. As a matter of fact.. didn't we decide that it was up to the admin's discretion? I could be mistaken.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby WD-40 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 am

I'm of the mind of accepting that maps that have DTs, will have players that will exploit the cheap advantage. Therefore, I must be more vigilant in choosing how to defend, where to hide and to attack. Not so easy in the open, especially when they have the additional advantage of speed and height due to the jet pack. I won't ban as it's a designer/programmer flaw.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 am

WD-40 wrote:I'm of the mind of accepting that maps that have DTs, will have players that will exploit the cheap advantage. Therefore, I must be more vigilant in choosing how to defend, where to hide and to attack. Not so easy in the open, especially when they have the additional advantage of speed and height due to the jet pack.

+1

Most know I've been against the DTG and I still think it's a crutch for many "skilled" players. But at the end of the day this is a game.

You're going to get a couple of people who still think this is some way to show how impressive they are, so they exploit flaws in the game to show up people who they view as inferior.

To prove my point look at how this thread was started. Hannibal wants to talk about all the people raging at his greatness because he is so highly skilled at using a glitch in a 9 year old game. Bravo Hannibal. You are great and wonderful. The epitome that every player in Star Wars Battlefront should aspire to be. If all you wanted was someone to stroke your ego there it is.

For the rest of us who just want to play the game and have fun, I've learned to just ride it out. Being rebels on Kamino or imps on Hoth just have fun and wait for the next map.

And of course callout the people and tell them that they are a Darkie Noob or Speeder Noob :whistling:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:21 am

Col. Homestar wrote:Speeder Noob :whistling:

LOL that's me. Ask Duel about it :lol:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:59 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
Col. Homestar wrote:Speeder Noob :whistling:

LOL that's me. Ask Duel about it :lol:

Don't need to. I've experienced it :oldman:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Hannibal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:To prove my point look at how this thread was started. Hannibal wants to talk about all the people raging at his greatness because he is so highly skilled at using a glitch in a 9 year old game. Bravo Hannibal. You are great and wonderful. The epitome that every player in Star Wars Battlefront should aspire to be. If all you wanted was someone to stroke your ego there it is.

For the rest of us who just want to play the game and have fun, I've learned to just ride it out. Being rebels on Kamino or imps on Hoth just have fun and wait for the next map.

And of course callout the people and tell them that they are a Darkie Noob or Speeder Noob :whistling:

What led you to believe I wanted everyone to bask in my glory? I specifically said I do not consider myself an elite conquest player. I just wanted to have a discussion about the attitudes reflected this part of the game and minus Corpse being a tool heard some great points from both sides and heard a great discussion. You're also implying I play swbf2 for reasons other than to just have fun....wut?

Your final sentence is exactly what I started this thread about, the attitudes about these classes. You're gonna call me out as you run around on Kamino throwing mines at everyones feet changing "noobie dark noobyy1!11!" while I'm just keeping to myself and playing the game.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Keep to yourself :lol: ... Hanny, you're a very vocal player. And I love how the det rusher calls out the "mine noob". Classic.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Hannibal wrote:What led you to believe I wanted everyone to bask in my glory?

This
Hannibal wrote:Personally I've gotten plenty of flak for being a "detnoob" and "dark glitching." What I've noticed is 95% of the time these criticisms are from players who usually play heavy class or just seem to not be AMAZING at Bf2, and that is not to say they're not good, but they're nothing special.

You is so AMAZING, and you is so special. :lol:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Hannibal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Keep to yourself :lol: ... Hanny, you're a very vocal player. And I love how the det rusher calls out the "mine noob". Classic.

You're probably right hahaha, and I guess it's just my form of relation for being called a noob for my respective play style(s)
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II