JBA changed to Hero Slayer mode for a bit

All information and activities related to SWBF2

JBA changed to Hero Slayer mode for a bit

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:59 pm

To shake things up a little, I've changed JBA to award the Hero to the hero slayer instead of whoever has the most points.
What do you think?
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: JBA changed to Hero Slayer mode for a bit

Postby Dad » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 am

good idea. that way the same people arent always the hero
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Ripley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 am

I think this is good but why change the name? Why not just make it an announcement? I only say this cuz it was kinda empty tonight and I think people look for Jedi Battle Arena and might not realize its the same thing :)
Ripley
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthripley

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 am

That is one aspect that I liked about the Hero Slayer, but the name should stay JBA to keep from confusing the kiddies.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I don't play JBA much (I plan to in the future) but I think that does sound better and more fair.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby BurzaP » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey Guyz and people.
Yeah, Matt, your idea that the best player becomes a hero is cool and it's what I was really angry at when I was first in my team and sometimes there was no chance of getting e.g. Luke. However, same as Ripley, I'm sure that the changing the name wasn't the best move. I suggest turning it again into {SWGO}Jedi Battle Arena. Why?
it is a chat I had with one guy:
Once I came to JBA but I wasn't sure if it was this server so my first question was:
Me:Hey Guyz! Is it JBA or another server?
Someone: What is JBA?
After clicking tab and checking that it is JBA:
Me:Jedi Battle Arena, the server on which you are playing, lol.

See Matt, It won't be easy to get use to the new name for others and changes in name can only discourage ppl from entering the server. I remember that I was annoyed(year ago) when I noticed that it wasn't Jedi Battle Arena but (SWGO) Jedi Battle Arena........ ;P
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby Centurion » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:23 pm

I seem to remember Order 66. I never played on JBA until that one vanished.
God Bless the U.S Army

I'm not proud of the Confederacy, I'm proud of the South. I'm not proud of the Slave owners, I'm proud of my ancestors. Most of all I'm Proud of The United states of America.
Centurion
Community Member

Xfire: bentheroman
Steam ID: centurion404

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:49 am

JBA was the first and best when SWBF2 came out and its held #1 on gametracker for a good amount of its life.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby BurzaP » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah, it's definitely no.1. Maybe gametracker doesn't show it but.... k, it isn't popular all over the world (in countries other than USA)e.g. for germans who have their own clan servers and claim that JBA is a total misunderstanding.. but owing to SWGO many players haven't forgotten about it and new comes too. I try to convince my friends to buy swbf2 and download 1.1 and play on JBA xD. I've made over 10 ppl (mainly cos of my videos) to buy this game ~^. Hah, and yesterday I felt a great relief when I noticed that on SP was so laggy that guyz moved to JBA (I was observing my bro playing). Not only we have this problem :) If not the presence of people like Dad, Leo, Gunner, Sha, Padawan, KIE and others JBA wouldn't be so popular because they initiate the move to JBA even if it's empty at first. Everything would be cool, it would be difficult to join JBA whenever it'd be online but this game, unfortunately, is getting older and when 2 years ago it used to be 50-55th [in xfire's ranking] now its 65-72th with twice less hours. 2 years ago- over 5000h, now- around 3000.... the only thing which can rescue it is a new interesting mode[which hasn't been done... yet] or Battlefront: Online and... God, gimme it for PC.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II