Is this player Glitching?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Is this player Glitching?

Postby GeeMan » Sun May 16, 2010 9:44 am

Could you tell me if this is glitching!

I was playing on Mos Eisley and the gamer The-Devil's-Right-Hand kept using the buildings behind cp 2 and the ones near cp 1. These buildings are normally only accessible by Dark Trooper or Jet Trooper and some heroes, but he was there using Smuggler and Marksman. The only way I know, and I saw him do it near cp1 when he was trying to get away from me, is what I call “Wall climbing”. That is when you stand by a vertical wall and keep jumping until you are on top of the wall. I myself have never been able to do it, but I assume it’s like how you wall glitch. Perhaps I’m just stupid but that must be glitching! The definition of glitching is as follows:

Glitching is a form of cheating in which a person finds and exploits flaws or glitches in video games to achieve something that was not intended by the game designers.

I also got warned by admin for “Disrespecting Others” as I was calling him a cheater. The admin also said he was not glitching. Sorry but “Wall climbing” must be a glitch, you don’t see bots doing it, and 90% of gamers don’t or can’t do it.

I would like your option on it.

Geeman69
GeeMan
Community Member

Re: Is this player Glitching?

Postby [m'kay] » Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 am

It's obviously not a glitch, you stupid. And to say that 90% of people don't use it is just being straight up tarded.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby GeeMan » Sun May 16, 2010 9:54 am

OK. How did he get there then?
GeeMan
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Sun May 16, 2010 10:03 am

You can do it by sprinting towards any wall on Mos E that has a small lip/ramp at its base. When you get near it you jump and you go higher than you normally would. I'm really surprised you think this is glitching, as you've played an awful lot of this game, and what's the problem with it? he's in the open. Shoot him.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun May 16, 2010 10:05 am

You can also go onto the building next to CP 2 and then sprint and jump to it.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby GeeMan » Sun May 16, 2010 11:17 am

Nearly did it, but to me still seems like glitching. Its too much like on geonosis when you have to use hellfire tanks to get above the battlefield. Perhaps it because the people that I’ve seen doing it are the ones that use wall glitches, so I have assumed that this is a glitch to. I’ve never seen a good/fair player use it. I can’t really see that it was planned, it more like another map cock up.
GeeMan
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun May 16, 2010 12:01 pm

It isn't glitching, it's just running up a wall and jumping to land on there. On Geonosis, the game easily allows you to get up the big hill on your own with no tanks and it doesn't require any cheating so it, again, can't be glitching.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Sun May 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Try playing Hero Assault some time, you'll realise that the vast, vast majority of players there utilize this technique. I think you're simply sulking because you're incapable of doing what many other players can.

I'll post 2 videos I bothered to make which demonstrate your ignorance when they're uploaded.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun May 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Corpse wrote: I think you're simply sulking because you're incapable of doing what many other players can

A bit harsh :lol:

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Sun May 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Here:

-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II