history?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: history?

Postby Flyswamper » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 pm

samonuh wrote:GMRZ left because Monsieur Jamwin and other high WGO leaders treated the present members of GMRZ like crap and made them feel unwanted.

That is sentence #3 in my history lesson. But you need sentence #2 to put it in proper context....
Last edited by Flyswamper on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Corpse wrote:How the hell could any of us function without the loving care of our benevolent overlord, Matt Chicago?

:lol:
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 pm

samonuh wrote:GMRZ left because Monsieur Jamwin and other high WGO leaders treated the present members of GMRZ like crap and made them feel unwanted.

waah waah waah
and there ya go
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Dad » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:36 am

Where did you come up with this?

Wanna share what yer smokin' dude?
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby mrjamwin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 am

Dad wrote:

Where did you come up with this?

Wanna share what yer smokin' dude?

To some degree it's true. In fact most of the GMRZ members would blame it mostly on me. We didn't intentionally treat them like crap. We just had philosophical differences and opted to create a more adult community, one in which the GMRZ crowd felt was not fair and not inclusive. Also those of us that split to create the new WGO only played BF2 and BF2142. So we parted ways and we created our ideal gaming community, they created theirs and Matt and friends took the rest of you and kept the Star Wars gaming community alive and flourishing. Quite honestly, I think the split has been good. Three new and different gaming communities created from one fulfulling and meeting the needs of many different types of players from different parts of the world. That says something to me. Those that remain bitter about the split really show a real lack of maturity and vision for things present and things still to come. I see the GMRZ community growing weekly and I think that's great for them. Dread has worked hard at it and it's going well. I'm not a fan how they do things, but if it works for them then that's great. I see SWGO growly all the time too and it's a testament to will of Matt-Chicago and all of you to keep it going and to keep a somewhat aging game alive. I see people joining here constantly and you guys do a great job keeping people involved, welcomed and part of this online gaming community. I still play this game occasionaly, I just do it secretly and no none of you will ever figure out who I am. As to you Samonuh, your comments are nothing more then the rants of a pissed off little boy.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:03 am

What? I'm neutral, I'm just stating what a GMRZ member told me cause I felt like pissing people off...and I think I might have a contact high...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:18 am

thats the point THEY TELL YOU but i can say whatever i want just 2 justify myself.....
and i think GAMRZ has some good server like the new space server but.....
how is it that non of their servers reacjes top 20????
while we have 2 who do reach the top 10???
why if we say "go 2 gamrz" they all say no please not gamrz?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby samonuh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 am

Because GMRZ is newer than WGO. Even though we switched over to the name SWGO our server were the same ones that existed over the past 4 years, we just added an "S" to them. GMRZ servers are not even 2 years old, of course the are never going to achieve as many people in their servers as SWGO, who had their servers in the Top 10 before GMRZ was even a thought...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby KOko » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:20 pm

samonuh wrote:SWGO server were the same ones that existed over the past 4 years, we just added an "S" to them.

Incorrect.
SWGO switched the host at least 4 times since we splited from old WGO. All server stats, IP, location and everything was reset 4 times.
Last time was just a couple of months ago. And after every change we were able to start from scratch and develop Top10 servers.
Most of the current players, no matter what clan, started playing this game on our JBA and Hero Assault servers.
You may like or dislike SWGO and/or our servers, but you cannot say a thing against our dominance over SWBF2 community.
As I have stated for years now - the day SWGO drop support for SWBF2 the game will die completely.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 pm

KOko wrote:As I have stated for years now - the day SWGO drop support for SWBF2 the game will die completely.

yep you know it im only playing cos this is the only server i like....
matt may recall the boot-bug a few weeks ago well...i was forced 2 play in GAMRZ.....
lets just say that when you call a player in the hero assult a noob than this players is a PRO in GAMRZ.....
i think GAMRZ invented the word noob.....you dont wanna know what happend you whould laugh 2 death and i whouldent want that cos i wanna keep playing this old game
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II