(SWGO) HA Skills

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: (SWGO) HA Skills

Postby Flyswamper » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Most fearsome player I ever encountered went by something like "The Krakken"

the dude was unbelievable, at least when I played against him. I don't remember his score/minute and it's long since lost because it was on the WGO dedicated server box, but..... I remember he was WAY up there in the score/minute category. Thankfully he didn't play all that frequently.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

In the current state of the game it's really tough to judge any of this.

The force server is generally filled with, shall we say, sub-par performers.

The non force servers are generally FFA pileups.

Since GWL has nearly died it's really tough to judge the 1v1 hero skills, or small teams for that matter.

BUT, in the servers there is a small handful or two of people who get in the top 1-3 every game. But I focus mainly on Kill Death ratio, and to see who gets the good awards like Public Enemy and Survivalist.

If I see Sawyer get 45-9 and somebody else get 50-25, I'm going to say sawyer is the better player.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Yeah the kill death ratio and public enemy, survivalist, dead eye etc are a good indicators unless as mentioned you are simply spawn camping or roof pulling and then it starts to make less sense.

FFA is ok for a laugh sometimes, no force duel servers consist of who's the best CB'er and if u find a gun server then good luck with the admin element and keeping it populated. Mod servers are a good idea to try a different map, tactics etc but lets face it nobody is interested, now if they had been included in the game well perhaps that would have been very different.

I think the bottom line is...skill is what skill...something different to the masses. As long as you are enjoying the game I suppose have fun and enjoy. You won't please everyone all the time as you find the same old comments in chat:

* You are pushing, pulling, choking, mashing 2 much, roof camping, hiding, stalking, noob, vulture....the list goes on.

Have fun, adopt your own style...if someone thinks that is skillful then well done, if not then so what.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby -)G(-Sawyer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Flyswamper wrote:Most fearsome player I ever encountered went by something like "The Krakken"

the dude was unbelievable, at least when I played against him. I don't remember his score/minute and it's long since lost because it was on the WGO dedicated server box, but..... I remember he was WAY up there in the score/minute category. Thankfully he didn't play all that frequently.

The Krakken also went by the name Captain Mazda, he used to make mod maps for BF1 and 2 and was a great player indeed.
I got freindly with him when he was sadly banned several time's by one of G clans more idiotic admins for being to good, thankfully that admin got banned permanently. :action-smiley-043:
"If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
-)G(-Sawyer
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Sawyer73
Steam ID: Sawyer1701

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:01 am

*cough* ballzack *cough*
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Yes ballzack...I do remember him...lol....I wonder if he has played recently under a different name...not seen him. Captain Mazda, yep good player, had a few interesting battles with him way back when the game first came out.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:30 am

Naw, I think he's done. The only style he ever played as was just like AfroSamurai, and we all know that was Flying Ewok.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby imaim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:23 pm

-)G(-Mawk wrote:Kill Death ratio, and to see who gets the good awards like Public Enemy and Survivalist.

If I see Sawyer get 45-9 and somebody else get 50-25, I'm going to say sawyer is the better player.

Hell ya, K/D is where it's at unless you're a puller.

Woulda liked to have gone against this Krakken dude to see what you guys saw!
imaim
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: imaim

Postby Mandalore » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Yes, my list was made using 1v1s I've seen and participated in as well as 3v3 and 5v5 matches I've played in, which admittedly for the most part get broken down into the two best players on each team running amok, but it was really interesting when [GFAQ] could summon Exor, iOn, Bigglesworth and a couple of their other solid players at the same time {MM} could marshal their own top onto the field. Those were probably some of the best matches I've ever played in.
And I listed those three because this is probably as advanced as the meta game will get, and the three I listed have continuously dominated in their areas of play.
Also, it doesn't surprise me that Leggz made Exor leave the server, he's annoying as hell. But to be fair to Leggz he was always WGO/Gmrz top player on the field and he has excellent crowd control because everyone knows he can spam to hell and do well, at least on heroes.
Top three in force (imo) would be Exor, iOn, and Mawk although they all have differing play styles which I find equally annoying. <3
As for best in SWGO hero assault it has to be Kren.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Mandalore wrote:As for best in SWGO hero assault it has to be Kren.

Who?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II