jba tk on

All information and activities related to SWBF2

jba tk on

Postby dark^tec » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Well we all know TK is off on JBA.
But this brings a lot of det/mine rushers to the server and because of this a lot of complaints are about the rushing.
So my question is if everyone complains about rushing then shouldnt it be better that TK is turned on? :action-smiley-043:
dark^tec
Community Member

Re: jba tk on

Postby Corpse » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:43 pm

No.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Personally i think it whould be better in the way the det/mine rush problem whould end.

I see a lot of players complaining about rush and in fact its the only thing you can complain of in JBA.

And today ive seen many players say they whould prefer to see FF on.

There will alwayes be players who cant play(win) whithout rushing but this is just an excuse not to try det trow.

I think its worth a shot.

PS. i remember once being in a sever where TK was on but you chould only TK whith granades/mines and Dets this was probably a mod but it was very effective.

MT :action-smiley-043:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Corpse » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 pm

You're not really suggesting that the complaints of "rushing" outweigh the complaints that we'd get over the constant TK, are you?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:51 pm

This has been tried before and there used to be lots of US ff-on conquest servers, but they've since all died.
The only servers which survived are JBA, Merc, and SP Dark Force - all with ff-off.

If you want to try ff-on feel free on the NYC server, it can be better for small battles, but as others have said, 36 people on conquest with ff-on and it's would be tk city.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby ӺȁȿŧƔ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 pm

TKs are fine as long as they are accidental. Plus the auto admin can be set to boot on negative scores. I just can't stand people detting themselves and not dying. TK on would make JBA a lot better, in my opinion.
ӺȁȿŧƔ
Community Member

Xfire: Fasty002

Postby Darth Crater » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 pm

A TK-on game with the kind of players you get in JBA would be completely unplayable. Even if 1/4 of them weren't willing to purposefully TK, and another 1/4 didn't possess aim bad enough to accidentally rocket their team in the back, and another 1/4 could break the habit of dropping explosives at their feet? You'd still get as many TK's as normal kills just from the amount of people clustering together. Just no.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby ӺȁȿŧƔ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Darth Crater wrote:A TK-on game with the kind of players you get in JBA would be completely unplayable. Even if 1/4 of them weren't willing to purposefully TK, and another 1/4 didn't possess aim bad enough to accidentally rocket their team in the back, and another 1/4 could break the habit of dropping explosives at their feet? You'd still get as many TK's as normal kills just from the amount of people clustering together. Just no.

I lol'ed. That's a good point.
ӺȁȿŧƔ
Community Member

Xfire: Fasty002

Postby Doves » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Plus, tanks would become so overpowered, the main way to kill a tank is with minerushing...
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby Corpse » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 pm

-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II