jba tk on

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: jba tk on

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 pm

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:I just can't stand people detting themselves and not dying.

Well a lot of players cant stand it.
And i noticed peaple really have to play...

Crator has a good point in JBA half the players dumb fire rockets and hope to hit anything.
This is quite diffent from the servers that still have TK on where i never see more then 5 TKs a game and where det rushing is replaced whith
Sniper no-scoping and perfect det trows but these players know how to play(to put it that way)

but like i sayed before
(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:i remember once being in a sever where TK was on but you chould only TK whith granades/mines and Dets this was probably a mod but it was very effective.

I think this server is still on i just cant remember how it was named Swine chould help on this one.

TK whould not affect normall shooting on allies it whould be more on yourself then anything else.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Drowning In Flames wrote:Plus, tanks would become so overpowered, the main way to kill a tank is with minerushing...

well to be honest on this.

1- Just place mines on the CP(naboo) and when they run over it they die

2- Rocket lock on works perfectly

3- Personally i think that a sacrificial self kill to take out a tank is still worth the rush :whistling:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby WD-40 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah, I've been practicing as an Engineer on Single Player (FF on) learning to throw dets, since I'm sick of the det rushing as a Vanguard. However, I found that I killed more of my own team (myself with them) than the enemy. Only those long throws that are thought out are safe I soon found. It would definitely piss everyone off getting accidentally killed all the time. You just have to watch the radar scope. If your near a door, and you see an enemy blip just standing there..slowly hovering nearby behind it..it's likely a det rusher waiting to pounce. I'll try to trick them into making a move and jump back blasting a missile into their forehead just as the door opens...or bounce a grenade against the door jam or inside wall so it lands inside next to them.

I've lost count how many times as a Vanguard, that I had a clean, perfect missile shot at an enemy, and one of my team members jumps in front of my shot...sometimes close enough to me that I'd have been killed too.

...And Corpse..That is one sick picture!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby nanokookey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 am

You would see a rise of snipers since no one would want to tk or they are afraid to tk. Then, there would be even more snipers on large maps like Kamino and hoth. And, in small maps, there would be a lot of no scoping and you would still probably tk as many times as you get kills. I think that ff should be off.

I am also wondering how the shotguns can get one hit kills from halfway across the map.
Size matters not... unless you don't have the awesomeness to make up for your height.
nanokookey
Community Member

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 am

turn friendly fire on will kill all the kittens everywhere
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.29 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Postby burzerker » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 am

You can't have FF on with that many people it would just be one big explosion. Mines and nades would be useless, rockets ditto.. only long distance maps would work, and who wants to run all day. All I picture is trying to shoot down the hallway of the rebel ship and hitting the back of teammates heads..
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Doves » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:07 am

tantive would be one interesting map
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby sinty » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:27 am

Why cant you just mod it so you can get killed from your own det packs? Instead of making it an annoying TK fest like the german servers are, just mod the Det Packs

Jeez...why do I have to fix everyones problems? *reads newspaper
sinty
Community Member

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 am

sinty wrote:Why cant you just mod it so you can get killed from your own det packs? Instead of making it an annoying TK fest like the german servers are, just mod the Det Packs

Jeez...why do I have to fix everyones problems? *reads newspaper

:lol:

The nice thing about JBA is that anyone can pickup this game and have a good time. The more skilled players can still have fun killing noobs but noobs get some kills too while everyone enjoys the pretty explosions.

I think engineers are slightly overpowered, but that's nothing good aim and a little timing can't overcome. Let em det to their heart's content, plenty of people can take em out.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby sinty » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 am

then perhaps locking the topic would be wise? Since you dont plan to appease the little kids who are crying about det pack tossing.
sinty
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II