Postby WD-40 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Corpse wrote:I still like ponies.

Me too! :innocent:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Tired of stupid language rule!

Postby samonuh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Minas, the problem with your argument is that my post was on-topic. This was about the cursing rule, and I talked about how trying to get rid of that rule didn't work in the past.
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby grrrrrrrrrr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 am

Can I just point out this is a [m'kay] game and people should actually [m'kay] grow up and stop whining about how they can't swear IN A [m'kay] GAME.

And at the people who say "think it, just don't type it", that doesn't work. Trust me, it doesn't do it. Typing it to bait people does wonders.

Oh yeah and before MT points out that I swear a lot in game, let me just say that I play the game FOR the game, nothing more.
grrrrrrrrrr
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 am

Hey moron. You can cuss all you want. Just do not come crying to us when your stupid ass is banned. Simple, cause & effect.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby WD-40 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 am

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:And at the people who say "think it, just don't type it", that doesn't work. Trust me, it doesn't do it. Typing it to bait people does wonders.

Yeah. It's amazing how easy it is to 'ban' players who are stupid enough to type it!...Baiting an Admin does wonders! :roll:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby grrrrrrrrrr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:29 am

Duel of Fates wrote:You can cuss all you want.

Yeah that was kinda my point Fates...thanks for re-posting it though
grrrrrrrrrr
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:07 pm

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:
Duel of Fates wrote:You can cuss all you want.

Yeah that was kinda my point Fates...thanks for re-posting it though

If you are stupid enough to type a swear word or decide to bait an admin this way then you ain't going to be playing long to type such words going forward. Repeated swearing will no doubt result in a longer or perma ban so if someone wants to go down this route then that's your choice. You don't need to be a rocket scientist or exceptionally clever to work out how you should conduct yourself especially when you see rules on rotation within the game.

The other way to look at this is if you swear at another individual or group of people in the real world a couple of things are likely to take place; you will be ignored, laughed at, swore at and/or given a good kicking.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:27 pm

@grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't have to point this fact out, everyone knows you swear and harras other in-game

Also note that it's not "Think it but don't type it" IT'S "You can say it but you can't type it".
I also think Duel was talking about this, cuss in your room all you want just don't type it on the servers.

@Kren

I can't agree more.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby KOko » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:07 pm

grrrrrrrrrr wrote:Oh yeah and before MT points out that I swear a lot in game...

So, do you agree that you swear a lot in the game ?

If you admit breaking this rule often then what is the reason we havent still issued a long ban on you ?
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby grrrrrrrrrr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:52 pm

KOko wrote:
grrrrrrrrrr wrote:Oh yeah and before MT points out that I swear a lot in game...

So, do you agree that you swear a lot in the game ?

If you admit breaking this rule often then what is the reason we havent still issued a long ban on you ?

Your statements contradict each other. I said I swear a lot in the game - but I didn't mention where. For all you know, I could be yelling while playing instant action or campaign. And last time I checked, swearing "in game" wasn't "breaking this rule", as you put it. Now, if you had said "...you swear a lot on SWGO servers", you would have been more specific and narrowed down what you're trying to ask me. Please try and do that next time so as to not confuse people, KOko!

And as for Kren, I completely agree! This is a game, nothing more - if only more people were like you and would realize that it's really not the end of the world to be arguing over people cussing.

And as for the baiting people part of my above post, it was actually a test to see who would get worked up and reply to it - so basically I just proved my point that "baiting" people can have an effect even when there really isn't a cause.
grrrrrrrrrr
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II