Possibility

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Possibility

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Well i see some points here.
There are varios ways to make a NNA(no noobs allowed) server.
You can make it no pull, no camp wich is a modded server that changes pull to push so alayas, and mundis would have push, CB on and no camping.

As for this it would either be infinite choke/lightning vs double pulling without roof or spawn camping
Or normal choke with single pull no roof nor spawn camping.

The problem is that pandamics made a fun game but with so much bugs it's hard to find a balanced game.
CB(perfect block) is something that was intended in the game, and i think it sould be allowed.
What neji is saying is that we don't allow something we see on FFA no force servers, where a player is just camping a roof ussing CB, and the moment the enemy finishes his combo he just has to CB the crap out of him.....wich is one of the most cowardous tactics in the games.

I agree completely with the no camp rule, there is no fun spawning and dying, or some guy who can't survive without a roof...

Now like i said pandamics made the game very unbalanced, the double pull, intended or not is overpowered vs a normal choke(besides a vader)
You can say all you want about changing rules or not allowing something the game was made for, but heck there are glitches in the map, were these intended? i think not.
So balancing the game by making rules to balance it, preventing epic frustrating noobishness seems alright to me.

It will just depend on wich way you want to balance, either:
1-limit some forces
2-unleash some forces (by certain exploits and what some call glitches(infinites)

MT :ugeek:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)RC-1140_Fixer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:31 pm

I see the term Center Block (or CB) being used alot but I am still not clear exactly what this means. Is it just using the block key to block enemy attacks? Or is there something more?
"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on..."
-John F. Kennedy

(SWGO)RC-1140_Fixer
Community Member

Xfire: dheanssler

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:36 pm

RC-1140_Fixer wrote:I see the term Center Block (or CB) being used alot but I am still not clear exactly what this means. Is it just using the block key to block enemy attacks? Or is there something more?

Normal block, only blocks bullet fire and force powers(except choke) CB is the same as blocking but you are pointed towards the center of the map.
The diffrence is CB blocks saber attacks as well, even when attacked from behind, only force from behind, or choke can break it.
The problem is many players CB on roofs so since heroes to combos even when mashing, at the end of the enemies combos they only have to CB, their enemy trips, and they got em...
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)RC-1140_Fixer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Is center blocking considered a glitch?
"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on..."
-John F. Kennedy

(SWGO)RC-1140_Fixer
Community Member

Xfire: dheanssler

Postby Corpse » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I think arguing in favour of, or against, particular aspects of the game on the basis of whether these aspects were "intended" by the game's developers is a poor approach to take. Instead, I'd go for what's "fairer".

Neji, if you're so opposed to spawn camping, then I suggest you make spawn camping a punishable offence, but still allow spawn killing: players would only receive punishment if they were blatantly sitting in an enemy spawn without moving around the map.

And Fixer, CB is not considered a glitch.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:58 pm

So far the server appears to be moving along these lines:

1) No Noobs...lol exactly what do you mean here, is that double pullers by any chance?
2) No pull, so one element of the game is removed.
3) No roof camping, perhaps removing all buildings or making it so you can't jump onto a roof or even better remove jump altogether... :lol:
4) No Sk camping. So if you have appeared in the spawn point and are fighting are you spawn camping or fighting
5) Server moddding to prevent point (2) etc. Some modded servers have been very laggi
6) CB.
7) Allow exploits (infinite choke, slow run etc)

As mentioned the more rules you add the harder if becomes for admins to effectively keep order but if the server is only intended for non 'noobs' then perhaps it might work for some.

So essentially what most servers have banned or not bothered with (server modding) this server will become the opposite however 'noobs' won't be allowed. Neji if you can explain who fits into the classification of a VIP? This might clear up which players (noobs) should avoid the server and how do they become a VIP from a Noob, i.e. is there a test or application process? :lol:

Sorry, whilst I am trying to treat this seriously I can't help laughing the more I see what the VIP server is going to be. For those who are fed up with SWGO HA and you ain't a noob then perhaps this is the perfect haven for you. :clap:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby fightingclam » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:10 pm

(SWGO)Kren wrote: For those who are fed up with SWGO HA and you ain't a noob then perhaps this is the perfect haven for you. :clap:

Oh, Thank God :mrgreen:
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby Mandalore » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Choke-Lightning makes Dooku and Emperor viable characters.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby fightingclam » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Mandalore wrote:Choke-Lightning makes Dooku and Emperor viable characters.

:twisted: :gun_bandana:
Can't wait!
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I'd just like to point out how funny it is that people already want admin on a hypothetical server.
I am laughing.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II