George Lucas not making anymore Star Wars sequels.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

George Lucas not making anymore Star Wars sequels.

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:23 am

Thought some of you might like to read this.
George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

Sci-fi filmmaker hurt by harsh feedback from some fans about the prequels

By David Eckstein
Zap2it

For any fans awaiting future "Star Wars" films from George Lucas, it's going to be a long wait. The creator of the famed series says he's not going to make any more of these movies and that he's essentially retiring. And for that he blames the harsh feedback from certain fans.

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" he tells The New York Times.

Bing: George Lucas on 'Indiana Jones 5'

Lucas continues to bash these critics despite the fact that their appreciation for the series helped it generate $4.4 billion in worldwide box-office sales.

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says. "I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'"

Lucas drew strong attacks from "Star Wars" fans for characters like Jar Jar Binks and for digital additions to the DVDs and re-releases of the six-part series.

"I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff," he says.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: George Lucas not making anymore Star Wars sequels.

Postby Belgarath » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:55 am

Note to George: We didn't think you were going to make any more anyway. Geez.
Belgarath
Community Member

Postby burzerker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:04 am

Lol... what a cry baby, sheesh. I guess he's been crying himself to sleep on his billions that we've given him. I have to agree with the criticism though, the additions to the original movies were lame and pointless and jar jar was the worst idea since howard the duck.
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 am

Jar Jar Binks brought down the Empire all by himself.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 am

*raises hand and prepares for all the hate* :innocent:

I agree with George on harsh criticism. I don't think Star Wars 1-3 are terrible movies, although they don't compared to 4-6 hands down. I like the Ewoks. I like Jar-Jar (somewhat, but I wouldn't defend him as much as I do the Ewoks). Anakin sucks, I'm not going to argue with that (but that's the actors fault, not necessarily George's). The CGI stuff annoys me a little at times, I wish more models were used, but oh well.

I love Indiana Jones 4, I think it's better than Indy 2. 1 is still the best, followed closely by 3.

Howard the duck sucks ass. I'm not defending that [poo]. :roll:

I just wish people were as accepting as me. This is the man who changed the world (entertainment wise anyway). I think he deserves to make any movie he damn well pleases, and (here is where I disagree with George right now) I think he should make any movie he wants, critics be damned.

Oh, and Panama, you're stinking up the place, take a bath.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 am

I guess no BF3.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 am

11_Panama_ wrote:I guess no BF3.

I'm not saying BF3 is going to be made or not, your comment is just completely unrelated to the topic at hand.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 am

He'll change his mind once he needs more money in his bank account. I have to admit, I don't know what he was smoking when he created that stupid Jar Jar character, but that really was pretty stupid. Now that's a character everyone would enjoy killing on BF2.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 am

For a guy who rewrote the book on how to make movies and market them, he sure has a thin skin. If I was George, I would be hitting the theaters with TOR movies and laughing at the critics all the way to the bank. I think he gets pissy when writers and gamers come up with new concepts and story lines for the Star Wars universe. Hey George, you created a really big universe, time to share it with those who wish to expand it.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 am

Duel of Fates wrote:I think he gets pissy when writers and gamers come up with new concepts and story lines for the Star Wars universe. Hey George, you created a really big universe, time to share it with those who wish to expand it.

I might agree, if it weren't for the fact the George doesn't read any of the books, nor does he care about anything in them. To him there's only 3 things he cares about, anything he directly works on. Which means, any of the 6 movies, the unnamed live action Star Wars TV show, and The (new) Clone Wars series. Other than that, he doesn't care.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II