Crashing

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Crashing

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Every time I go on a server like Dark, NYC, HA or JBA my internet crashes in about 2 mins after lagginess. Any suggestions on how to resolve these problems??
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Re: Crashing

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 am

Driver issue...I would say graphics driver but someone had a problem with the game last week and it ended being a sound driver. That was a bit strange to me but it worked for him.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Ariel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 am

I have to play the game on lowest possible settings to play online. Then again, my video card is a :censored: chipset.....
I am a white, straight, educated, conservative Christian who owns guns...I am a liberal's worst nightmare.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER >>>https://twitter.com/#!/Musical_Muze<<<

Ariel
Community Member

Xfire: 1992ariel
Steam ID: 1992ariel

Postby [$$$]PSI » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Ariel wrote:I have to play the game on lowest possible settings to play online. Then again, my video card is a :censored: chipset.....

Same here
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Postby GDog » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote:
Ariel wrote:I have to play the game on lowest possible settings to play online. Then again, my video card is a :censored: chipset.....

Same here

Yet again, Same here.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby mrjamwin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Buy a new computer all of you with a real video card and not some crappy chipset. Stop playing this game and come play BF3. It fixes all your problems and I mean ALL!! :innocent:
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Ariel » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Buy a new computer all of you with a real video card and not some crappy chipset. Stop playing this game and come play BF3. It fixes all your problems and I mean ALL!! :innocent:

Send me money... :stupid:
I am a white, straight, educated, conservative Christian who owns guns...I am a liberal's worst nightmare.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER >>>https://twitter.com/#!/Musical_Muze<<<

Ariel
Community Member

Xfire: 1992ariel
Steam ID: 1992ariel

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Ariel wrote:
mrjamwin wrote:Buy a new computer all of you with a real video card and not some crappy chipset. Stop playing this game and come play BF3. It fixes all your problems and I mean ALL!! :innocent:

Send me money... :stupid:

Pretty sure he was joking

On topic though. I had issues with space battles crashing on me. For one year after switching from playing on Xbox to PC I couldn't dream of going into a star fighter without the game crashing. And for some strange reason it turned out to be that I had an out of date sound driver. The lesson here...update your drivers when the little paper clip guy says to :P
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Brazosgrad » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 pm

I would agree with buying a new graphics card. You may just find that your problems magically disappear using a new card and driver set. Two minutes and then crashing doesn't sound like something a sound card would do...but strange things do happen sometimes...
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:52 am

Brazmin wrote:I would agree with buying a new graphics card. You may just find that your problems magically disappear using a new card and driver set. Two minutes and then crashing doesn't sound like something a sound card would do...but strange things do happen sometimes...

I would have and did think the same. But his issues sound alot like what mine were. I only had them in space maps though. My comp would be just fine in a space map as long as I stayed in the hanger on foot. I could use the gun turrets just fine too. But if I took off in a star fighter, within a min the game would crash. I tried reinstalling the game, a new card upgrade, I even bought the steam version hoping it would take out the kinks but it didn't.
It was just by chance last week I mentioned it in a thread and someone (I think Yanoda) said to try the sound driver. I couldn't believe it when it worked. (BTW thanks again Yanodo)
It's true, it might be time for a new card, but if your budget isn't so generous I would try all the free options first.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II