What Sparked Your Username?

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: What Sparked Your Username?

Postby crazyperson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:29 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Can anyone guess how I got mine? It will take months to figuere it out.

You're an 11 year old from Panama?
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby Brazosgrad » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:33 pm

I get this question sooo much in game. I didn't know people would BE that interested in names. Anyhoo....my name came from the Brazos River in Texas. In runs near through the area near College Station, which is where Texas A&M in located (from which I graduated) thus...Brazos...grad.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Sir Bang,

Thanks for the link, but as I mentioned: I want this to be a team building exercise. After all the drama we've had with Ace, EAW, Lego, I think we need to get back to some of our more fun-loving fundamentals.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm

So, when do we start doing trust-falls in order to get over the terrible pain inflicted by a bunch of ten year olds being mean to us?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Shalandai » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:15 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:Well first, I'm 1/4 White Mountain Apache, and I choose to respect that part of my blood greatly. When I was young, I was given my native name, Little Wolf, after I had an experience involving a wolf. That "experiance" was the alpha female of the Timber Wolf pack at our zoo, finding me infantile body very tasty looking. The female would run at the glass, jump up, and hit it, attempting to break the glass. I'm told I wasn't afraid in the slightest, that I laughed and smiled. Apparently ever since then I've had a fascination with wolves.

I had an opportunity to work with an actual wild wolf last year; I think I still have some photos kicking around. Beautiful creatures, and the one I worked with was a full grown and well aged male. And so big! His paw was bigger than my entire hand. They are so distinctly majestic, and huge... It makes me laugh when I watch movies with `wolves`which are actually just a bunch of unkempt huskies.

On a related note, alpha is no longer the correct term for pack mentality. Dominance theory comes and goes in popular culture like a fashion ensemble but the original terminology is in fact quite misleading. To state that one animal is an Alpha implies that there was some struggle or contest to reach that point; in reality, this never occurs. Males never fight (or be challenged) to be the pack leader; they are simply the father. Packs operate as families. The mother and father lead, and you don`t see the children overthrowing the father, claiming the right to mate and make decisions, just like you don`t in human families. Alpha as an animalistic descriptor is so terribly incorrect.

But if you don`t believe me - here is Dr. David Mech, the original researcher of wolf culture from back in the 1970s, who pioneered everything we know about wolves today:

Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 pm

[m'kay] wrote:So, when do we start doing trust-falls in order to get over the terrible pain inflicted by a bunch of ten year olds being mean to us?

Ultimate_EAW is no ten year old. Thanks to a keen eye we uncovered that he is a very eloquently spoken adult that lives in Hollywood, CA..

This has nothing to do with people "being mean", and I'm sorry if you're so blind as to see that SWGO actually took a few hits with these douche bags. Obviously you didn't read Matt's post or you refuse to take it seriously.

And Shalandai, can we keep on topic please. Thanks for the tidbits, but there is a purpose to this thread, and your information isn't fulfilling it.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Okay, so he's not literally a child. Fantastic. I still fail to see how Ace, Lego, or EAW are relevant in anyway to anything happening here anymore, considering that all three of them have been dealt with for some time now. And yes, of course I read Matt's topic, that's why i'm not sitting here tossing excrement at the walls and screaming. I'm taking it seriously - but if you're using this as a team-building exercise, you're taking it entirely too seriously. You're coming off like a boss who's, well, trying to get their employees to do goddamned team-building exercises.

You are greatly overstating the effect that those three had on the community, and it's honestly baffling to see you refer to them every ten posts and so. Their ships have sailed, nobody cares about them anymore, let's move on.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

EAW still has an impact because he still has his "cronies" push on for him. As for Ace, within the last week we had to take care of one of his new attempts to invade the forums. Some of the admins are still giving each other [poo] over Ace AND Lego.

And lets not forget Tom/Perdo, who has an active username here that no one else will deal with.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 pm

So basically what you're saying is that EAW has people post a pretty tame topic once in a while asking to be unbanned, Ace has a few attempts of trying to get back on that have been strictly administrator side (i.e. nothing to do with the community at large, not to be a [Richard]), and Tom is sitting there not doing anything on an account nobody feels like banning.

Doesn't really seem like the time to start breaking out the group therapy, in my opinion.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Narg I think your the one taking things a bit too far. Nite didn't start the topic saying this was needed to heal from the attack of the 3 stooges. It was just a topic that asked about everyone's names. As someone who took direct shots form those idiots I appreciate the efforts made.

Don't knock an honest attempt to create positive discussions
Col. Hstar
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions