Map Requests

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Map Requests

Postby Stranger » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:57 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Generally players don't know what to do in space maps, you could as well board the enemy ship and do a normal non-space fight that way.
You can also take one of the turrets manually and shoot everything out of the air.
You can go inside their ship and sabotage it via Rockets or time bombs.

There are many ways to play space maps without having to partake in the spacebattle controling your own ship.

Mt

How can people not know what to do in a space map? It seems quite obivious to me. I personally love space maps. I like having the options to dogfight, bomb the enemy capital ship, or sabotage it from the inside while being in a "ground battle" aboard a ship. Space maps will not be too short if you defend your capital ship by any means necessary, without glitching or cheating of course. If both teams really defended their ships you would get a nice long battle that people could enjoy any way they wanted to. So just keep in mind if a space battle is too short it is the peoples fault not the map.
Stranger
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:27 pm

I have 2 questions:

1. Is this the official thread to request maps?

2. any other reasons why you guys won't add endor? (I mean, you guys had it like once per day... now never. Is lag the only problem? or is there something else?)
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Lag IS the problem, you see when it lags people will leave the server, and we try to make the server enjoyable for everyone.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Everyone knows what to do when space maps come up; leave.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm

I love space maps personally. You'll see me either dogfighting or getting a shuttle to the enemy capital ship.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Stranger » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:I love space maps personally. You'll see me either dogfighting or getting a shuttle to the enemy capital ship.

It's nice to know some of us are still in the community.
Stranger
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:37 am

@stranger

What i meant is that since many players have issues with the space-ships in space-maps.
Some players really don't know how to fly them.....
Instead of looking at other options they leave fairly quickly iv'e seen it many times.

@Commanderotto

No this isn't the official thread for map requests, but at this point we don't add diffrent maps for the reason that the mayority of players hates them.
Kassykk, Endor, yavin4, dagobah, space maps are all generally disliked.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Talon Karrde » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:With all the forestry and everything it makes the level lag a ton. At least it does on my end. I'd rather see a space mission before endor

I think this is a very old and outdated excuse to use considering this game is 8 years old. PC Hardware has more or less surpassed the need for even a midrange graphics card to run this game at a decent framerate - the integrated graphics on a Sandy Bridge CPU has enough horsepower to actually run most older games with satisfactory settings.

Anything that's like a NVIDIA x40 (440, 640, etc) or above can run this game with little problems. I know there are people playing this game on really old PCs due to budget issues, but that'ss imply how it is for them. If you have an older PC, you can find an older generation used gaming graphics card off eBay for cheap and upgrade to that and you should be able to run this game with little problems.
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Talon Karrde wrote:
Col. Homestar wrote:With all the forestry and everything it makes the level lag a ton. At least it does on my end. I'd rather see a space mission before endor

I think this is a very old and outdated excuse to use considering this game is 8 years old. PC Hardware has more or less surpassed the need for even a midrange graphics card to run this game at a decent framerate - the integrated graphics on a Sandy Bridge CPU has enough horsepower to actually run most older games with satisfactory settings.

Anything that's like a NVIDIA x40 (440, 640, etc) or above can run this game with little problems. I know there are people playing this game on really old PCs due to budget issues, but that'ss imply how it is for them. If you have an older PC, you can find an older generation used gaming graphics card off eBay for cheap and upgrade to that and you should be able to run this game with little problems.

That's great if your the only one playing. All it takes though is one player's computer slowing things down to create lag.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby CacophonousFlatulence » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 am

Man, this new map rotation is as stinky as...well, me.

When does Hoth come up? I swear I've not played it at all since it switched over.

Plus it feels like Mustafar, Jabba's Palace and Kamino each come up 2-3 times per rotation.
CacophonousFlatulence
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II