Hi SWGO

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Hi SWGO

Postby Niknod » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 pm

I noticed that certain things that I thought were common knowledge and regularly used are infact frowned upon by the SWGO community. In the interest of keeping myself unbanned from JBA I prepared a video of some of the things that I (and I thought everyone else) know and use to see whether these are permitted. I would appreciate feedback on these topics.

Enjoy!
Niknod
Community Member

Re: Hi SWGO

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:20 pm

:lol:
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby crazyperson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't think unit swapping is banned, but pretty sure the others are considered glitching.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby StriderFX » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

EVRYTHING HE DID IN THERE IS BAD AND NIKNOD NEEDS TO BE BANNED NOW
StriderFX
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 pm

this [m'kay] up in here
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Scrumtralescent » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 pm

As far as I understand, the only thing that you posted that's allowed is rolling/jumping to shoot, and respawning to get health/ammo back. Everything else I would consider glitching and would at least kick you for. That being said, I'd welcome other admins' opinions since I'm not the most experienced conquest player.
Scrumtralescent
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: scrum24

Postby 45akaColt » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Is switching classes at a CP to cancel poison, alright?
45akaColt
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Well, most of them aren't even glitches...but just as Scrum said, I would need opinions from more knowledgeable admins.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Eyes Only » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Well, most of them aren't even glitches...but just as Scrum said, I would need opinions from more knowledgeable admins.

Most of them are exploits, but not technically glitches. The trick at the end with unit swapping was pretty amusing. The only glitches were the doubleshots. Doesn't mean the rest are allowed.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby Talon Karrde » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi, under what name do you normally play as? Couldn't see your name in the video - Youtube conveniently likes to mangle the quality of recorded videos.

Take note, unless I say 100% that it's fine (there are only a couple of these I'm sure of) none of these are surefire answers until Matt-Chicago has the final say.

Double shotting with Jet (or even triple shotting) - This one is questionable. However, Jet Trooper is hampered by their low ammo count, so it kinda balances them out. It's not as bad as DT's ability to basically one shot you with the DT glitch.

Jump/rolling to lower DT cooldown - This one's up for debate, but it's more or less the equivalent of rolling with the grenade launcher to lower its fire speed too.

Double/triple shock - This one is also being heavily debated, but is ultimately up to the big man himself (Matt-Chicago). Personally, I think it's overpowered and needs to be banned.

Shocking teammates - If you're using them as a "chainpost" to prevent an enemy from killing your teammate, I imagine it's okay, but it's dependent on the situation. If you're going around shocking your teammates on purpose to hinder them or if you're too careless with your shocks, I imagine it would lead to being disciplined.

Sticky grenades - This one's 100% fine. This is actually pretty handy with Trooper in some levels as you pointed out.

Unit swapping to regen:
Ammo - I forgot about this one - not sure about this.
Swapping to engineer - Part of the game, this one I'm 100% sure is fine.
Full health with droideka - I thought this was a "feature" since I've seen it used since the beginning of time on servers that enforced rules. It IS kinda unfair to Republic though since they can't do the same, even though they can "kind of" do it with Clone Commander.

Reload skipping - Yeah, that one I imagine is kinda abuseable if done in the right areas.

DT jumping to reach unreachable places with another class - I don't know about this one, but I imagine this shouldn't be allowed because the Rebs can't do it. Some of these places are near impossible to shoot at unless with a sniper.

Roof jumping/shortcuts - As long as you're not glitching into a wall to do them, I think they're fine (Utapau has a few as you know).
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II