Is the wookie the most powerful class?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Is the wookie the most powerful class?

Postby bothan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 pm

I've found I can live for a much longer time as an engie in a public game but in a 1v1 starting with full health is the wookie the most powerful unit?
bothan
Community Member

Re: Is the wookie the most powerful class?

Postby Hobo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm

For 1v1 TK on, and comparing the wookie to other rebelllion classes, I believe wookies are the most powerful.

With engineers vs. wookies, engineers have a good chance to kill with the detpacks and the over powered shotgun, and can also heal themselves, but wookies have a more reliable way to kill with swift bowcaster/grenade launcher switching, and also have increased health. I'd say wookies are better than engineers, simply because they don't die as easily when a dark trooper shocks him, and can outgun/tank other units.

Sniper vs. wookie, it really depends on the skill level of the sniper. A skilled sniper who can often get headshots would be more effective. However, speaking about stats alone, the pros are that a sniper is faster and a smaller target, and the sniper rifle hits instantly and can shoot faster than a bowcaster. The cons about snipers is that they have minimal health, an almost worthless pistol and auto turret, and minimal explosives. Wookies can also snipe with a charged bow caster that's just as powerful, though not as effective. They also have much a much better secondary, more health, and more grenades. The only negative about wookies is that they are large targets, and are slow moving. I'd say wookies win in general.

Regular vs. wookie, this ones not to hard to figure out... Regulars have a very stable way of killing, but can't do anything lethal instantaneously (minus grenades). Wookies, on the other hand, can do more damage than a regular, and can do this in a shorter period of time. I'd say wookies win any day.

Bothon vs. wookies, this one is kind of hard. For a 1v1, I suppose bothons could just sneak around the map, and can instantly kill your target with the incinerater about 80% of the time. The only risk is that sometimes the enemy can: see your silhouette, and kill you almost instantly (since bothons have low health); turn around and kill you while you're incinerating him; Or you simply don't kill him in one burst.

Heavy vs. wookie, with the heavy, it's a hard gamble when killing your opponent. If you miss, you throw a grenade in front of you and run for your life in hopes you don't get rushed, or you don't miss, and you kill the target. Statistically speaking, the pros of a heavy are: good health, high damage, mines, and grenades. Cons: one shot at a time, long reload time, crappy blaster pistol, and slow. Compared to wookies, wookies have: better health, better variety of weapons, and more reliable way to deal damage. Cons: Slower, bigger target, less damage dealt than rocket launcher.again, I'd say wookies are better in general.

To sum it up, in most scenarios on a TK on 1v1 map, wookies are better equipped to kill opposing units than any other unit on the rebellion side.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby bothan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:38 pm

I've noticed some people are just very very accurate with the grenade launcher even at farther distances than it would seem practical. That weapon does so much damage in one shot that I think when you combine it's power with the extra health a wookie has you have a combination where the wookie is more likely to deal out a deadly series of attacks before any other class can deal deadly force back. The exception I would make would be for at long distance vs snipers. Now I suppose I am only talking about those few people who are very skilled with the grenade launcher. If you are not that good with a grenade launcher I think a dark trooper with the roll glitch (which seems to be tolerated on our servers) can take out the wookie pretty swiftly or else it is a more even fight.

I think they only classes I can consistently put up a good fight vs a skilled wookie user are dark trooper and engineer.
bothan
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Yeah, the grenade launcher is really powerful if you have good aim. Its blast radius isn't very big, so that evens it out a lot. But if the grenade hits the target, it's always a one hit kill. I think the most success I've had with killing wookies are snipers and dark troopers. I've gotten a lot better at aiming for the head instead of anywhere, and it's much easier for me to snipe in 1st person. I think the best way to kill a wookie though, is by catching him by surprise with a dark trooper, and using the shock exploit or doing the shoot and roll trick you were talking about.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby bothan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:20 pm

what is the shock exploit?
bothan
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Actually the roll glitch applies to all classes, the wookies bowcaster/G-launcer as well as the engies shotgun resets from it.
Hence banning it seems a bit stupid, if everyone can do it, and also what would be "evading" an attack and ussing it offensively?

The shock glitch A hobo is talking about is also called the darky glitch.
It basically enables a dark trooper to shoot a whole clip(5 arc caster shots) in a span of 2seconds, considering the "stun" effect after each shot a wookie is practically chanceless the first time he gets shoked.

About this topic, i would say it entirely depends on the player....
Wookies belong to one of the most powerfull classes, but not everybody can play it right.
The thing with wookies is that they are very versitile, both lethal at long as short ranges, however some players think wookies are imposible to kill and just walk into fights....
Wookies won't die from a near exploding granade, but if the imperial officer manages to land a direct hit with a G-launcer it's an instant-kill, and being big and all.....

But like mencioned before it comes down to the player, a good wookie can kill a good darky, and a good engie, but this goes the same, the other way around.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Mandalore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 am

The wookiee is the most powerful class in the game. It is a far more stable class than the darky, which can have the fastest consistent offense in the game, but is a very high risk class. None of the base classes have much on the wookiee.

Now, if we're talking about offense in tactical or strategic terms, then the Darky is the most powerful offensive class. The wookiee is arguably the most powerful defensive class in direct competition to the engineer.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby bothan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:27 am

I remember back in the day getting shot out of the sky as a darky by wookies.
bothan
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:45 am

Had to open a can of worms didn't you? Depends on the user's ability and their computer. I'd say anyone whose a regular player as a wookie, is good if they know what to attack and what not, or as a Darkie...you know when to escape or use the Darkie glitch...BUT...anyone who uses an Obi-Wan or Maul and 'knows' how to use them...simply put...if they have enough skills and targets to kill..they rule the map... Grievious, Midget Yoda, and Darth Tryranuaass...weak JBA map Heros. Unless your computer is high-speed...and if it is...then it could be quite deadly. Wow!...Covered more possibilities than the thread required. YEAH BABY!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby bothan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:26 am

how do you do this darkie glitch? Not the rolling one, the otherone?
bothan
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II