2 New SWGO Servers

All information and activities related to SWBF2

2 New SWGO Servers

Postby Eyes Only » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 am

I am proud to announce the addition of 2 new official unofficial servers. SWGO instant spawn, and SWGO Upstream

THESE ARE UNSTABLE, UNSUPPORTED TESTING SERVERS. Do not expect a reasonably quick admin response, and do not expect 100% uptime.

These new servers are for testing potential changes that will possibly be implemented on the main release servers. I want to see what the community has to say about changes that are being made.

Current things being tested:

Upstream:
droideka balancing being worked on, dtg patch applied

isntant spawn:
The story behind this is kind of funny. A while ago, GMRZ asked me to make an instant spawn mod: I agreed, but I never said I'd give it to them. Another impossible feat (according to gametoasts limitless knowledge about the game /sarcasm) brought to you by VA.

Eventually going to be running a fix for the extra copypasta at the end of aaylas dash.
Last edited by Eyes Only on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:48 am

totally awesome! i'll go check
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Tiburana203 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 am

sweet. gotta love that instant spawn. it seemed stable playin by myself- dont judge me- and with some other gentleman.
re-spawning, changing units, and everything else worked fine,

the upstream seemed OK too, though I'm not sure what is different about an upstream server, what with my tech saviness matching that of a full-grown carrot.

i did get bouts of crippling lag on both servers, which is unusual for me when no-one is playing, but its probably on my end. ill keep playing and pretending like I'm being helpful
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby Eyes Only » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:53 am

Tiburana203 wrote:sweet. gotta love that instant spawn. it seemed stable playin by myself- dont judge me- and with some other gentleman.
re-spawning, changing units, and everything else worked fine,

the upstream seemed OK too, though I'm not sure what is different about an upstream server, what with my tech saviness matching that of a full-grown carrot.

i did get bouts of crippling lag on both servers, which is unusual for me when no-one is playing, but its probably on my end. ill keep playing and pretending like I'm being helpful

ill check into that, it could be on my end. might be instability having to do with the box im using to host the servers and the operating system. are you eastern or western US if at all? im using windows server 2012 datacenter, which ive never used before, so it might not play well with swbfront2. if thats the case, i might just switch to server 2008 R2 or maybe linux with an xp virtual machine. its all up for debate.

as for the changes, upstream has some droideka balancing changes i figure will get droideka used slightly more. as it stands, hes mine and det bait. the game was balanced with team damage in mind, so droideka is nothing but a speedbump on said servers. he is immune to mines now, his shield regens at 150 instead of decreases at 100, and repeater delay between shots was decreased to 0.10 from 0.125, making the repeaters fire slightly faster. this should counteract the effect of most of your rushers, but the people who know how to chuck detpacks should be fine, and theyre still bait for recons.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Postby natester77 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:31 pm

the instant spawn is a good idea.
- Natester
natester77
Community Member

Xfire: shadowofdeath7

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:46 pm

natester77 wrote:the instant spawn is a good idea.

Now you have a place to go when you're banned from the regular servers. :lol:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Eyes Only » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:
natester77 wrote:the instant spawn is a good idea.

Now you have a place to go when you're banned from the regular servers. :lol:

unfortunately for him i plan on cloning the banned user list as well.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Doves » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Eyes Only wrote:Upstream:
droideka balancing being worked on, dtg patch applied

So why is space in the rotation...
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby Tiburana203 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Eyes Only wrote:ill check into that...(everything else)...and they're still bait for recons.

I'm in the western united states. i checked again today for lag, and it hit me again, but only on the instant-spawn server this time.

regarding the changes to the Droideka, most everything is as you said- repeaters are faster and shields regenerate quickly. they don't, however, have immunity to mines- i had no trouble blowing them up on several occasions with a quick toss. they've definitely become more than a speed-bump though; they now resemble a toll booth...with free admission.
Last edited by Tiburana203 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby Darth Crater » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 pm

It might be fine leaving it that way - strong at range, vulnerable to explosives up close. Could get pretty strong if anyone ever used actual teamwork.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II