2 New SWGO Servers

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: 2 New SWGO Servers

Postby [NR]Delta » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 pm

As far as I can tell, battlegrinder's a demo server the hypernia hosting company has up so we can test out their service without renting a server from them.
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

Postby Mandalore » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Hypernia is a server provider. The only tech company that has the name Hyperion I can think of off the top of my head is a performance manager software maker that was acquired by oracle a while back...maybe in like 2006?
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Mandalore wrote:Hypernia is a server provider. The only tech company that has the name Hyperion I can think of off the top of my head is a performance manager software maker that was acquired by oracle a while back...maybe in like 2006?

Hyperion is also the company your up against in Borderlands 2 :gunsmilie:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby LowfatCriminal » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:56 am

A Hobo wrote:
LowfatCriminal wrote:
haasd0gg wrote:All the servers are supposed to be member supported...

Yes but even when enough funds do not come in they're still up. This one would be purely member supported, if not enough funds, no server, that way Matt's not paying anything of his own. And I like the voting idea.

So like a "Donaters only" server? That would be empty 24/7. Though a "donaters only" part of the forum might be cool.

No not a donaters' only server a server for everyone but those who donate get to vote on what type of server it is.
Videogames don't make people violent, lag makes people violent.
LowfatCriminal
Community Member

Xfire: district0668
Steam ID: lowfatcriminal

Postby Col. Hstar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 am

LowfatCriminal wrote:No not a donaters' only server a server for everyone but those who donate get to vote on what type of server it is

It would not work. First not everyone donates the same amounts, second donating is not buying votes. The people who put not only the money but also the time into the servers, get to decide how they are run. Donations are made to show appreciation for these individuals efforts.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 am

Every time I've checked, I've never seen more than 1 or 2 on these servers. Is there a specific time when it gets busy? I'd really like to check them out.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 am

DesertEagle wrote:Every time I've checked, I've never seen more than 1 or 2 on these servers. Is there a specific time when it gets busy? I'd really like to check them out.

This is because it's not an official SWGO server, and it's mainly suppose to be used for testing new things.

As for some of the Upstream changes mentioned, remember that it needs to be applied in a way that will help to balance the game. Turning TK on on Upstream will not spit out any effectiveness in testing as it's not a virtual NYC / JBA server. It's been said so many times already, but you usually tend to avoid fixing something that isn't broke.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Doves » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 pm

This game is very well balanced. The only major unbalanced things are being able to see certain factions on certain maps better, for example, cis blend in well on geonosis. The other problem is that on Death Star conquest, rebels lose 2 tickets or each death. This makes it virtually impossible to win and has nothing to do with dark troopers. If empire lost 2 tickets for each death, they would lose too.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby Draigun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Drowning In Flames wrote:The other problem is that on Death Star conquest, rebels lose 2 tickets or each death. This makes it virtually impossible to win and has nothing to do with dark troopers. If empire lost 2 tickets for each death, they would lose too.

This issue was fixed about a month ago. Also, dark trooper glitching will probably still be allowed since Matt-C doesn't consider it a glitch.

I'm a bit surprised to see not many people realizing that Death Star reinforcement loss has been fixed.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby GDog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Draigun wrote:Also, dark trooper glitching will probably still be allowed since Matt-C doesn't consider it a glitch.

Thank you Matt-C for using common sense.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II