Rumor: Star Wars Battlefront III evolves

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Rumor: Star Wars Battlefront III evolves

Postby [m'kay] » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 pm

I would rather pay 700$ and get something loads better than the PS3 that can play a lot more games and run everything on it better. And get games for free.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Chin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm

you get games for free? you mean like combat arms and ava? or do you mean breaking the law?

EDIT. jamwin, I got mine for 220 @ gamestop, although it's only a 40 gig hd, I can upgrade to a bigger harddrive anytime for about 50$, and the 40 will last me a while.
Chin
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 pm

If all you want to do is play games, a 'gaming rig' is a really crappy investment.
If you build a new top of the line rig today, in 4 years you wont be playing new games without upgrading. I can promise you, however, that my PS3 will still rock the hell out of anything released for it. I wont be spending 2-300 on a new video card and I will never have to search for updated drivers.
I have a 17" laptop which surfs the web and sends email just fine.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby mrjamwin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Haas on the flipside of your argument. In probably 1-2 years your PS3 technology wise will be outdated and they'll have even more powerful processors and video which would probably warrant a PS4 and thus you may eventually have to spend another $700 to upgrade to the new one.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Chin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 am

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... 3s/1387199

funny how they are using technology thats apparently going to be outdated next year to build a supercomputer

ps3 is going to be around for another 3-4 years, yet people have to spend 200+ dollars to upgrade their video card every few years to be able to play games on "very high". sure in a few years the pc will have noticably better graphics than the ps3, but you still don't see games like madden, kz2, uncharted 1 and 2, little big planet, infamous..... the list goes on, even with better graphics, the ps3 still has the best releases.
Chin
Community Member

Postby Jango_Fred » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:21 am

Although I love playing games on the PS3 and can't play an FPS with a keyboard and mouse... I DO concur with you on this. The problem is that my PS3 killed 2 birds with one stone in terms of the gaming system and a blu-ray player. My question is whether the PS4... WHENEVER it comes out... will offer anything aside from an updated game system?

mrjamwin wrote:Haas on the flipside of your argument. In probably 1-2 years your PS3 technology wise will be outdated and they'll have even more powerful processors and video which would probably warrant a PS4 and thus you may eventually have to spend another $700 to upgrade to the new one.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 am

Chin wrote:http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/u-s-air-force-building-supercomputer-from-ps3s/1387199

funny how they are using technology thats apparently going to be outdated next year to build a supercomputer

ps3 is going to be around for another 3-4 years, yet people have to spend 200+ dollars to upgrade their video card every few years to be able to play games on "very high". sure in a few years the pc will have noticably better graphics than the ps3, but you still don't see games like madden, kz2, uncharted 1 and 2, little big planet, infamous..... the list goes on, even with better graphics, the ps3 still has the best releases.

Infamous was barely decent, LBP is amazing, uncharted 2 is great but 1 sucks, had very little fun with KZ2, and Madden makes me want to kill babies. I suck so hard at those games.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Chin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:55 am

however, mass effect two did NOT come out on ps3, :(. infamous three was amazing, madden is good even if it has a bit of a steep learning curve.
I have not indeed played uncharted one so I wouldn't know, I was just throwing that name out there.
Chin
Community Member

Postby White_Tiger_Zord » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:15 am

I dont care im wich console it comes out AS LONG AS IT'S released im happy :star-wars-smiley-026: :action-smiley-043:
ImageImage
=(SWGO)=SG-1_F-302
White_Tiger_Zord
Community Member

Xfire: whitetigerzord
Steam ID: SG-1_F-302

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Chin wrote:infamous three

elaborate I am confused
[m'kay]
MVP