33%
Poor - I lag on SWGO most of the time
17%
Bad - SWGO servers are worse than any other servers I play on
28%

Total votes : 18

Poll: How does SWGO server perform for you

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun May 09, 2010 8:33 pm

How's SWGO's box for you. Please only respond if you actually play on the current box.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: Poll: How does SWGO server perform for you

Postby SWINE FLU » Mon May 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Personally, I find SWGO servers fine even though I'm in the UK. Sometimes the servers lag for me but that's mainly because I have some background music or windows open on my PC.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby Corpse » Mon May 10, 2010 4:18 pm

If I went from almost any other US server while having a ping of 180-190 on that server to an SWGO server, my ping would be around 230-250. I'm absurdly laggy on SWGO's servers, which I think is a real shame, because you guys are still my favourite group despite all of the lag. If it got improved, then I'd play a lot more (and have fun while doing so :roll: ).
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Brazosgrad » Sun May 16, 2010 2:53 am

Works just about the same for me as the old server did/still does. Very little change, though i suppose that's a good thing for me :)
Brazosgrad

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun May 16, 2010 5:24 am

This was really for the old server box. I'll have to make a new poll for the new servers, but the vast majority of feedback I've received is "better" or "same".
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun May 16, 2010 9:17 am

Much much better for me, the occassional laggi momemt but most of the time spot on. :clap: :clap:

Regards,

Kren
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Corpse » Sun May 16, 2010 9:33 am

I agree with Kren, last night my ping rocketed up to 200, but that was a problem on my end. (But on the old server, that was what made me get booted for a high ping over 300) So even at my laggiest periods, the new server is playable to a degree.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby SWINE FLU » Sun May 16, 2010 10:07 am

The new SWGO servers are much better in my opinion now. Some people lag more but you always get that. The servers are much more enjoyable and fun whilst playing and I can get killed by Kren without lag xD. They also seem alot more popular when I'm playing at around 10am my time which is quite unusual. JBA is also fantastic, JBA used to be quite laggy for me but now it's fine.
Last edited by SWINE FLU on Sun May 16, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun May 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Put it this way, less lag = more kills, less deaths and a much more enjoyable experience. The Kill/death ratio is now getting back to what it used to be over 12 months ago.

Anywhere over 190 to 240 for me makes it difficult to play with sliding, bouncing and missing the target, when the pings 140 like it is on the new server then that's good real good and when they up the BB in this area in September that should make it even better for me. Roll-on September!

Matt, good choice IMA regarding the slots :punk: and yes for once Koko is was bang on for suggesting it :clap:.

Regards,

Kren
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby GeeMan » Sun May 16, 2010 2:03 pm

JBA normally fine for me, and I’m in the UK. Last month on the old server it was very laggy and I got boot a few times. Personally I don’t think it was just your server that was having problems, I had the same problem with the merc server, with a great increase in ping. Funny that the SP server didn’t! And funny how the SP server was always full?!!! The old JBA is back to normal now which is strange as merc has been fine for the last few weeks.
GeeMan
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II