Admin

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Admin

Postby KOko » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 am

Draigun wrote:If you call them noobs because they force, you're in the wrong server.

Draigun wrote:if it was a server that contained good and well-known players, and the guy is forcing, then sure I would definietly call them a noob.

Um? So you still call force nooby and you would call noobs players like Mawk, doroh or iOn because they were great at force?
You MM guys are so twisted in your view of the game. Displaced runs that cheat the game mechanics are very Pro, but a simple push is nooby? WOW!

Draigun wrote:Indeed, arrows is the most corrupt.

Arrows didn't sell themselves for a free server.
Arrows leaders are not craving for a seats in GMRZ C7 while even some long-time GMRZs are withdrawing their nominations.

Draigun wrote:I left MM because of Mandy. Not because of the people in the clan. That reflects merely a person causing me to leave MM.

Last time I checked you left MM becouse you feel guilty about some mega [poo] you did and you didn't want your clan to suffer because of you.
What changed since then ?

Seems your personal truth is very flexible Drai...
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:36 am

Hate to break it to you Boba/Falcon/Acid/Zephyr, you were always annoying. It just seems now that you have blossomed into a full fledged pain in the ass. It is a little frustrating for our admins when we try to give you advice on this thread and others, you continue to ignore the basic premise: IT IS A GAME. IF you want to come to the servers to play and have a good time, no admin will be stalking you waiting for you to screw up so we can ban you. I personally would enjoy a game where I do not have to warn, kick, or ban anyone. (Those are rare but highly prized by yours truly.) But IF you come to the game to yell noob at every suspected slight, or start calling people idiots for calling you out on your lack of control, your going to get the attention of whomever is adminning the server.

Play the game for fun, not stats. You would enjoy it a lot more and more people will respect you for it. Your a good player when you get past the "I didn't do it" syndrome that seems to afflict you.

And you might think my words harsh, or others that have chimed in, but we are really trying to get you to see the errors of your ways and hopefully take our advice to heart.

May the Force be with you . . .
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Mace Hindu » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 am

two admins posted in a row but neither answered my question?
(SWGO)^Mace Hindu^-GMRZ-
Representing for New Zealand SWBF2 since 2006
Mace Hindu
Community Member

Xfire: thepowerofhindu

Postby Zephyr » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Hindu, my last post WAS accepting what they said. Duel, I'm trying not to be a pain. Everyone, thanks for the advice.
Zephyr
Community Member

Postby Dad » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Zephyr wrote:Kren:The only reason I don't "learn" is because I'm trying to get Norbi gone. If he was gone, it would make a big difference in my chat spamming.

If I retaliated against everyone that insulted or annoyed me, I wouldn't be welcome on ANY server.

This can easily be fixed by ignoring all that crap. Its a friggin game you play against people online. What the bloody hell do you care what someone you will never meet says?

Seriously...
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Mace Hindu,

The rule is excessive ks, but it's also understood that include intentional ks. Same with tp or tk. It happens, and nobody should be punished for an accident. Too many accidents that show carelessness, and you get warned/kicked/banned. Fewer occurrences but ones that look intentional - warned/kicked/banned.

As far as someone tp'ing and tk'ing at the spawn point, first ask for an admin through in game chat. We don't like people taking matters into their own hands and then it becomes a he said she said thing for admins to sort out. The rules the admins go by is that if they see someone intentionally tp or tk - that person gets warned/kicked/banned - no matter who started it - retaliation is not allowed. If you are taking matters into your own hands, I suggest typing about it in chat to make your case if you get caught tp'ing by an admin who joins the server.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi Mace,

Just to add to Matt's reply.

In answer to your questions etc, let me work through your post:

Your Statement: which means no one can complain if its just the odd ks every now and again, because technically thats allowed.

My Reply: There is nothing wrong in saying to someone to be careful about team pushing. A lot of team pushing is open to interpretation. You can complain about a team push and there is no rule against you typing you concern in-chat to another player, just don't chat spam the admin or the server. If someone is constantly team pushing you can make the admin aware who will then watch the player(s) you have indicated that has team pushed you in order to collate evidence and if necessary take the appropriate action.

For example if someone team pushed you to prevent you getting killed, is that a TP or someone saving your skin? If someone team pushed you because you jumped in front of their kill it could be view as a team push from your perspective whilst from the other player it could be view as an accident on their part or a kill steal attempt from you. Other players will have views on this from their position on the map.

Your Questions: and a question about something iv done in the server for tp before. Is it ok that there is a guy who annoyingly plays a fair bit when i do and is contantly teamkilling/teampushing at the spawnpoint. is it ok for me to do what i do and tp him so i can have the time to run away and continue playing?

My reply: I would say if a lot of your team is at the spawn point and pushing the enemy at the same time to attain a kill then be prepared to be team pushed bu accident as a lot of people to try attain the same kill. It’s going to happen unfortunately. What I suggest to the team is not to bunch up. Spread out, be mindful of your team and things should fall into place however if one person is team pushing someone else/team and it is being done on purpose you can make the admin aware of take screenshots/video in-game to back-up your concerns. Generally when there’s a lot of people bunched up you can be sure that you’ll notice team pushing, kill stealing and team killing happening. My concept of game play is to enjoy the gaming experience and move away from situations that might escalate between team members. Sure getting a good score is nice, living longer and having an enjoyable experience with minimal fuss is better for me. Another idea is to move to a less populated part of the map or take a break from the game for an 20 minutes or an hour and then come back.

Anyway I hope this answers your questions, if not then expand further and I’ll attempt to answer them accordingly or another admin will.

Regards,

Kren

:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Mace Hindu » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:11 pm

w00t ty kren and matt for finally answering my questions XD
(SWGO)^Mace Hindu^-GMRZ-
Representing for New Zealand SWBF2 since 2006
Mace Hindu
Community Member

Xfire: thepowerofhindu

Postby koolcat101 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 pm

I didn't bother reading this entire post...
$0@p-&2o20

koolcat101
Community Member

Xfire: soap82020

Postby Draigun » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:06 am

KOko wrote:
Draigun wrote:If you call them noobs because they force, you're in the wrong server.

Draigun wrote:if it was a server that contained good and well-known players, and the guy is forcing, then sure I would definietly call them a noob.

Um? So you still call force nooby and you would call noobs players like Mawk, doroh or iOn because they were great at force?
You MM guys are so twisted in your view of the game. Displaced runs that cheat the game mechanics are very Pro, but a simple push is nooby? WOW!
If only they were forcing in the NO-FORCE server. They obviously don't understand the rules and therefore are "noobs". Sure, they are 1337 at force. If they use it in the WRONG server, they're a noob.
And I'm not an MM anymore, so therefore I do not follow under the category "MM guys".

Draigun wrote:Indeed, arrows is the most corrupt.

Arrows didn't sell themselves for a free server.
Arrows leaders are not craving for a seats in GMRZ C7 while even some long-time GMRZs are withdrawing their nominations.
Even though I have to agree with you on that one, Arrows is still close-minded due to their thinking. They think they're the best clan in this game because of their long lived rein.

Draigun wrote:I left MM because of Mandy. Not because of the people in the clan. That reflects merely a person causing me to leave MM.

Last time I checked you left MM becouse you feel guilty about some mega [poo] you did and you didn't want your clan to suffer because of you.
What changed since then ?

Seems your personal truth is very flexible Drai...
Indeed.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II