Hero Assault

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Hero Assault

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 am

Everyone should just go there to have fun, sometimes your on the pulling team side, sometimes your on the choking team side. I like to play as a Han Solo, yes it gets frustrating when I have to get force pushed 4 times before a Darth Maul gets me but that is the game. Making someone use the force on me is a successful fight in my eyes. But then what, they get me... most I have to wait is 15 sec for a new guy.

I've never really put much stock in the score on game tracker anyway, what for... an 8 year old game. Some kids playing this game were in diapers when it came out. Back then there were players who would pound pull noobs into the cantina wall, all while typing "pwnt" onto the screen :lol:

Honestly, anyone spending more then 30 seconds admiring the scores they got after a round of HA really need to get out an get some sun...
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby theavengers85 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 am

Its not the pull that irritates me so much as the people that have figured out how to 2x pull. 99/100 you will die.
People just keep spamming right click.

I consider it lame, and don't do it (except occasionally :P). However, it is allowed, unlike inf choke (which is a glitch, not a technique).

Its annoying, but you just gotta learn to avoid them, sneak up on them, and nail them.
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Johnny » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 am

To be honest, if you are not using force, chokers are the only ones you need to sneak on. All you need against pullers are block and sometimes block-dash.
:6438: (SWGO)Johnny :6438:
(SWGO)Johnny
Community Member

Xfire: swgojohnny

Postby Talon Karrde » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

I think what a lot of players don't realize about choke is that high level players know how to get around it. If you keep dashing choke will damage you but it won't stop you in your place.

There is really no counter to pull. I use pull on players who play too defensively that use Center Block too much and/or roof camp. They're the most irritating to deal with next to Fetts, whom I have no mercy on for pulls - you are more or less a vulture as a Fett no matter if force is on or off.

Really, the only reason why I find force fine is that it's a direct counter to center blocking, which I find extremely stupid (why are you immune to strikes from BEHIND when you center block?). I use it, but I try not to use it too much and generally try to be the aggressor. My best fights are with players who are equally as aggressive as I am - feels more like a fight than fighting high level players that like to roof camp and turtle behind their CB all day.
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 am

Force is force..it's in Star Wars completely. People need to learn to adapt, learn to block and use the buildings as cover and as attack points rather than standing in the open for the next would-be puller to easily kill them. It's never gonna change with SWBF2...pulled to death from range and then the floods of whines in-game and on the forums. There are some adept pullers out there but that does not mean they cannot be overcome. Having a population of mainly pullers is a challenge but also fun.

Sorry guys if pull upsets you either need to get better or get beat.

CB...it's something that's built into the game and there is many a player who uses it to get them out of trouble but I am not a fan of it.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 am

I do understand that force pushing/pulling is part of the game. The only times I get upset is when it's a one on one, and I'm a lowly infantry...as if pushing is needed. Also when a noob is constantly using it with disregard, pushing his whole team to kill one enemy. Oh....push while your back is turned.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Johnny » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:49 am

11_Panama_ wrote:The only times I get upset is when it's a one on one, and I'm a lowly infantry...as if pushing is needed.

It may be needed to quicker and easier get you points for the team.
:6438: (SWGO)Johnny :6438:
(SWGO)Johnny
Community Member

Xfire: swgojohnny

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 am

Johnny wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:The only times I get upset is when it's a one on one, and I'm a lowly infantry...as if pushing is needed.

It may be needed to quicker and easier get you points for the team.

Panama Is referring to players in the JBA server, when players using the Jedi use force push on a rifle solider. Which is like using a bulldozer to trample a grass hopper.

Then there are the people who at the end of the level start to push their own teammates over the edge like on Mustafar or Death Star
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Joker » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:12 am

Force pull isn't powerful enough.
Joker
Community Member

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II