Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Attitudes toward engineer and dark class.

Postby Doveriee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 am

Mandalore wrote:Since there hasn't been a patch for the game since like 2007 we can clearly assume the game is finished and everything left is how the designers meant it to be!

But seriously, the meta game evolved the way it did for certain reasons and is one of the few things that was never questioned by the competitive players for years. Trust me, when they all stopped [female dog] at each other over something, it meant that it was a good idea. Is DTGing technically an exploit? Yes. However, the designers of SWBF2 have proven themselves to be absolutely incompetent in balance design. While nearly impossible to achieve given the way they designed the factions to have unique classes. Thankfully, between a lot of the glitches in the game balancing it out and switching teams during competition it was easy to achieve balance.

Even though it's a mute point to argue at this point given the game's population, it's still fun to talk about. ;)

Ah, so this is where you have been hiding Mandalore!

But so as to not be "going off topic", I will share my perspective: When I first got deep into conquest in 1.0 I was a master mine/det noob - but I never received any complaints about it, and I never saw anything wrong with it. I'm far from an expert in SWBF2 conquest, but I have noticed that every class possesses one or more negative criticisms or stereotypes: the newbie trooper, the mine rushing rocket trooper who fires his rocket launcher at his feet whenever you get too close to him, the poser sniper trying to look pro by going no-scope only and SKing from a distance, the det rushing one-shot-kill heal-while-rolling engineer, the recon noobs, and the darktrooper - respectively. I never really saw anything wrong or unbalanced with darktrooper myself though.

In the end, I believe conquest is balanced. I find myself lost in a good blissful recreation of an epic Star Wars battle as opposed to tangled in the emotional drama and politics that surround hero assault.
Doveriee
Community Member

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Hobo wrote:psychos a lot more notorious with speeders, the skill cap on those goddamn things is huge and he abuses the hell out of the invincibility spinning

Psycho is far too good at niche skills like this to make me really suspect him. He does a lot of impossible of stuff but he's obviously extremely gifted and very dominate at things that aren't "cheatable." Not saying he doesn't use whatever you guys are talking about but he definitely does have tons and tons of talent, and not enough can be said about always being aware of the mini map for player positioning at distances.

Whenever I do kill him it is a great feeling though. He's someone I'm always trying to learn small things here and there from watching play/playing against.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Postby Gunner1010 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:39 pm

I love it when people use the words "gifted" and "skilled" when playing video games. I guess it does take a some skill to sit in the same place for 10 hours without getting carpal tunnel. IMO exploiting glitches is cheating, I equate it to dealing off the bottom of the deck. PD is a good player but I 100% agree that he can see through walls and the way he can endlessly flip the speeders is infuriating.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby Hannibal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Gunner1010 wrote:I love it when people use the words "gifted" and "skilled" when playing video games. I guess it does take a some skill to sit in the same place for 10 hours without getting carpal tunnel. IMO exploiting glitches is cheating, I equate it to dealing off the bottom of the deck. PD is a good player but I 100% agree that he can see through walls and the way he can endlessly flip the speeders is infuriating.

It's like anything else in life; some people work hard and become very good. Trying to discredit the talent that some video game players have is silly, and the best of them make a lot a lot of money.
Hannibal
Community Member

Xfire: sshannibal

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:57 pm

While none of us can prove it, I still think he's using something to enhance his game. I keep repeating this... his ping is so high, that's why I suspect that it isn't skill only. Over 200 at times, yet he beats players with considerably lower pings. To me...that's when the "flags" go up. Something doesn't compute here.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Max » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:While none of us can prove it, I still think he's using something to enhance his game. I keep repeating this... his ping is so high, that's why I suspect that it isn't skill only. Over 200 at times, yet he beats players with considerably lower pings. To me...that's when the "flags" go up. Something doesn't compute here.

Maybe Daddy can explain. :mrgreen:
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Even I don't play the game anymore; or often at least, how bout we be a bit democratic and take a vote/poll? That should clear it up once and for all on SWGO servers.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 pm

A poll for what? And what will be accomplished if we did?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby WD-40 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Gunner1010 wrote:I love it when people use the words "gifted" and "skilled" when playing video games. I guess it does take a some skill to sit in the same place for 10 hours without getting carpal tunnel. IMO exploiting glitches is cheating, I equate it to dealing off the bottom of the deck. PD is a good player but I 100% agree that he can see through walls and the way he can endlessly flip the speeders is infuriating.

It's like anything else in life; some people work hard and become very good. Trying to discredit the talent that some video game players have is silly, and the best of them make a lot a lot of money.

The BEST of them cannot 'cheat' AND make a lot of money. There is a difference!

OMG! I just realized I hit 4,000 posts here on SWGO! [m'kay] 'A' beyatches! :punk:

Thanks Hannibal and Gunner for this momentous and pointless occasion.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Gunner1010 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 am

Nicely done, glad I could be a part of it.
Gunner1010
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II